Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Count Down To Christmas...part 1 On The Verge Of Death - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Count Down To Christmas...part 1 On The Verge Of Death (588 Views)

Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke / Countdown To Christmas - 7 Days To Christmas / Countdown To Christmas - 9 Days To Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Count Down To Christmas...part 1 On The Verge Of Death by HOLYSEE(m): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
This is it and what's your take, feedback will be appreciated....Merry Christmas
[center]COUNT DOWN TO CHRISTMAS...PART 1
On The Verge of Death
[/center]
I am here today to tell my story of a Christmas I can never forget, I received a gift from a Santa clause I never saw, journey with me as we try to find him.
On the 4th of December, I went for my usual check up and chemotherapy, yes for those of you who don’t know my heart is failing. Good morning Mr Sizwe, how is the Christmas coming along with a bended head and trying to read the suspense in the eyes of the doctor, nothing special about this Christmas I replied not because I hate Christmas but it is better to be assertive. Mr Sizwe I would like you to pay careful attention to what I will be saying, the suspense became too much I literary shouted at the doctor to please spew his medical trash and let me go, what could be more exhausting than my usual chemotherapy with needles sticking into my arteries and vein, it was hell. I know how you feel but I just need to know if you are ready for both the good and bad news that was Dr. Ernest trying to be professional Okay! I am ready for what it’s worth and that was me been apologetic...gosh you wouldn’t blame a dying man would you? Dr. Ernest started his long sermon about my medical history and how he has grown to love my resilience and blah! blah! His next statement struck me like Zeus thunderbolt. Mr Sizwe you have twenty days at most to be alive, your heart is deteriorating fast and if you can’t get a donor then I guess this will be your last Christmas on earth and I would love it if you’d share these few days of your life with the ones you love. Your guess is as good as mine I know I have little time on planet earth but wasn’t expecting it to be days may be month or years, Dr Ernest tried to cheer me up but it wasn’t working, I just stood up and left the office without a word it was just me and my mind.
The thought of spending my Christmas alone on my death bead was scarier than death itself. I grew up in the convent of the sisters of Joseph, I was brought there at the age of nine by a catholic priest who to this day I do not know except for the fact that I know he wore the priestly regalia-----cassock. He brought me to the convent after my mother passed and has been my home.
I arrived at the convent at 15.00hrs ---the hour of mercy, the sisters never knew I came because they were praying. I made myself at home. The scenery was adorable as always the flowery scent and the green and white coloured stone and the evergreen garden of Santa Maria De Lourdes, this is a perfect place to die.
After dinner and kindling old flames of memories I retired to my quarters then there was a knock on my door and I ask the person to come in and I turned it was Mother Juliana Terez, Mother superior of the convent. I watched her carefully as she drew a chair to me and her ageing eyes pierced my heart and I felt myself being 9 years old again in a 30 years old body 'talk to me child' I told her all without holding back. She looked me in the eyes with her caring looks and told me the most horrific truth I could ever Imagined...since this is an issue of life and death I think it’s time you talked with your father, my what! I was startled you mean my father is alive I was stuck in an emotion I never experienced before being angry and happy at same time. Mother Juliana saw my plight and told me his name; Monsignor Jopiel Von Guccio-a catholic priest, it is only on the ground of death that you should know he is your Father but this is not the way we expected it, excuse me one moment please. She dialled the number and went out of my room in my shock I could hear Mother Juliana’s voice even as she tries to keep it low, they were arguing about how serious it is until I heard her said alright, in that instance my room door opened and Mother Juliana entered with her outstretched arm handing me her phone. I collected the phone placed it on my ear but could not speak then I heard the voice Hello.................
To be Continued...............

Re: Count Down To Christmas...part 1 On The Verge Of Death by HOLYSEE(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
The continuation and I pray it meets you well........your comments and constructive criticism are most welcome. Thank You for your love and response towards Part One......On The Verge of Death.
[/b] COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS...PART 2
The Gift[b]

Hello Son...
Immediately I heard that blasphemy he just spewed calling me son I felt like killing him but I controlled my temper and told him he doesn’t have the right in the league of fathers to call me son and I couldn’t bear to know how irresponsible he is. A man who broke his oath of celibacy and had a child who he is not man enough to be responsible for, the feeling of guilt could not let him speak. I vented all my misery on him and I told him not to dare attend my funeral because I would be happy not knowing how he looked as I dropped the phone and handed it to Mother Juliana. She hugged me as I cried sorely and she tried to comfort me 'let us have hope' I countered her wiping tears from my eyes that hope is for the weak and as far as I am concerned I quit being a toy in the hand of fate. She left my room bade me farewell with these words we are never toys in its hand rather fate is our torch to the future with hope our strength to want to live a day, bye my child.
On the feast of the immaculate conception I was seated in the garden of Santa Maria De Lourdes wondering why my own conception was a curse because a priest of the church decided to be wayward, why wasn’t I struck dead at infancy and why suffer for others mistake. Suffering for people who don’t want to be part of my life. I felt time slowing and the sisters coming towards garden becoming shadows in this pure white light that engulfed my eyes and I could not feel my flesh, I was floating in space. Yes, this is the moment of my transfiguration and I willingly submitted myself to the peace I felt, no more pain. I could hear from a distance the panic and noise of earth and like a shooting star, it all went blank and plain...until we meet again.
Finally, my judgement has come; the light was so bright my eyes and i could not fathom what was happening as these beings on white stares down at me from the light, I was so happy about being in heaven I could not speak until suddenly the light went off. It was a doctor that was staring at me using a torch light with blue rays to check my eyelid he was no angel. I was back on earth and Mother Juliana was praying her Rosary for me, she was happy to see me awake. Now all I long for is my father so I can take back all those vile words I said then Mother Juliana told me the unspeakable truth of his ultimate sacrifice of giving me his heart, I could not hold the tears as it flowed freely and she gave me the letter he wrote.
Dear Son,
If you are reading this it means the operation was successful and my sacrifice was not in vain, don’t worry, the fact that I am unmarried and a catholic priest cum vegetarian makes the heart young, I was old yet young at heart(hope you are laughing at my joke). I am sorry I had to keep this from you; I did it to protect you because my late Younger brother is your biological Father and he died before you were born. I took you as my own and told anybody who wish to listen that you are my blood but my confessor and Bishop instruct me to distance myself from you to avoid misunderstanding and unnecessary Scandal to church. When your mom died, I had to bring you to the convent making them swear that only on my deathbed should I be reunited with you but I guess fate knows how things work. Your Dad died of same heart complication but left you a trust it’s now worth billions of dollars but as a priest, I have no asset so I gave you my heart so use it well. Attach to the letter is the document to your trust
Love you,
From Dad
Reading this gave me peace instead of guilt and his gift was the ultimate. He is my Santa clause because he gave me my gift behind a mask, I sat on his lap all the while I journeyed through life, yet I never knew he was the one. I know there is a lot of secret you want to share with me but I am happy you took them to the grave so that I can start afresh. Thank you for the gift of a new beginning.

Dear READER don't celebrate this feast alone, be a SANTA CLAUSE to somebody.........FADE OUT

(1) (Reply)

A Midsummer Noon's Dream / Aveng!ng Our Ancestors; A Poem. / Racism!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.