Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria (809 Views)

Irate Youths Hurl Stones At Mimiko, Accuses Him Of Corruption / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by asha80(m): 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2009
Irate youths attack gov in Zaria http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=729:irate-youths-attack-gov-in-zaria&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140
Written by Ismail Mudashir, Kaduna
demonstrating youths
ten days since a riot broke out in Zaria City, Kaduna State to protest prolonged power failure, another riot broke out in the city yesterday when hundreds of angry youths in Sabon Gari Local Government Area attacked the entourage of the state governor, Architect Mohammed Namadi Sambo, who was in the area to commission some projects executed by his administration and by the local government council.
It took the men of the Operation Yaki security outfit almost an hour to clear the way for the governor and his entourage, who were besieged by the youths at Hayin Ojo, where the governor went to flag-off construction of the Hayin Ojo/ Shika dam road. The governor and his entourage had to change route following a security report that the youths had taken over the Chikaji road which leads to the local government secretariat in Dogorawa.

The youths, who were hurling stones at the governor’s entourage, succeeded in smashing the windscreen of some vehicles belonging to the state government, including that of the local government chairman, Alhaji Kasimu Lawal Abasco. Daily Trust learnt that yesterday’s episode was not unconnected with Monday last week’s anti-power failure riot, which led to the death of four youths and the arrest of 66 persons.

Some of the placards carried by the rioting youths read “Bamuson Abasco [we don’t want Abasco],” Abasco ya chuche mu [Abasco has cheated us]’’ however, Governor Namadi Sambo still managed to commission the projects. While flagging off the road in Hayin Ojo, Sambo commiserated with the people for last week’s deaths and pledged to do everything possible to address the problem of power supply that caused the riot. He appealed to the youths of the area to remain calm and peaceful, saying no meaningful development would be achieved in an atmosphere characterized by violence.

Emir of Zazzau Dr. Shehu Idris also advised the youths not to allow themselves to be used by outsiders who are bent on destroying the existing peace in the area. When it came to the turn of the local government chairman to address the gathering, the youths again started raining insults on him. He however managed to say that he regretted the unfortunate incident of last week and said it would not be allowed to repeat itself.

Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2009
Smiling!
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by tpiah: 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Smiling!

hope you'll still be smiling when some white extremists decide to act out their frustration with the govt and do the same to you and other blacks in your area.

Oh, I forgot- they wont touch you because you're so nice, law abiding and share their views.
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by MrCrackles(m): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2009
shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by tpiah: 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2009
see the state of subsaharan Africa:

Fury at Guinea 'burn thief' idea

A senior member of Guinea's military government has been criticised after he called for robbers to be burnt alive.

Human rights groups said the idea by Capt Moussa Tiegoro Camara, in charge of fighting crime and drug trafficking, was "unacceptable" and "intolerable".

Capt Camara had said the country's prisons were full already and it was better to kill those who killed others.

But the Guinean Organisation of Human Rights said the laws of the country should not be by-passed.

"I am asking you to burn alive armed bandits who are caught red-handed," Capt Camara said at a meeting discussing security measures in the capital, Conakry, on Tuesday, reported Reuters news agency.

"Our jails and our correctional centres can no longer take in people and the situation cannot carry on like this."

Correspondents say lawlessness in the capital, Conakry, has risen in recent months.

Since seizing power after the death of Guinea's long-serving leader Lansana Conte at the end of December, the military has made fighting the drug trade and corruption a priority.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8082532.stm

una get problem!!!
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by asha80(m): 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2009
@tpia

What concerns what you have just posted with this thread?
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by blacksta(m): 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2009
asha 80:

@tpia

What concerns what you have just posted to this thead?

Please ask 000000
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by tpiah: 12:36am On Jun 06, 2009
asha 80:

@tpia

you fail to see a link? too bad.

All over subsaharan Africa, the same stories and state of affairs.

I dont want to ask if blacks have some serious inherent problems. Or is it the white people who are out to get us?
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by bawomolo(m): 1:10am On Jun 06, 2009
i agree, stoning your Gov would only give the Police an excuse to land on you.

your frustrations can be expressed in better ways.
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Jun 06, 2009
asha 80:

@tpia

Roflmao!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by tpiah: 1:16am On Jun 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy

true to form!!!

dont worry- your brothers have your back!
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 06, 2009
These Zarian youths are from henceforth excluded from the Idiotic, cowardly and hypocritical nigerians.
More power to their elbows.
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by savanaha: 2:56am On Jun 06, 2009
bawomolo:

i agree, stoning your Gov would only give the Police an excuse to land on you.

your frustrations can be expressed in better ways.

What other peaceful way has not been tried. Most people in the Nigerian government are tyrants and they will always find a pretext for their tyranny.
All else has been tried and failed, I guess maybe the revolution is about to start.
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by Kobojunkie: 3:13am On Jun 06, 2009
I am so happy these boys have finally gotten up to STONE the right people for their frustrations. I mean this is really good news. I am glad that instead of attacking the christians or people of other tribes, they went straight for the very source of their frustration. This is good news. Now, I hope this is copied in the rest of the country.
Re: Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria by tpiah: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am so happy these boys have finally gotten up to STONE the right people for their frustrations. I mean this is really good news. I am glad that instead of attacking the christians or people of other tribes, they went straight for the very source of their frustration. This is good news. Now, I hope this is copied in the rest of the country.

are you going to be there or typing comfortably from your perch on the white man's butt?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News.! Yaradua Is ------ / Ohakim Is At It Again, Threatens Teachers And Lecturers! / Tiger Woods, Abdul-mutallib, And Harry Reid!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.