Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

The world, Nigeria and Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The world, Nigeria and Igbos (8970 Views)

How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria - Ynaija / Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari / Diezani Recovered Loot - Twitter Guys No Go Kill Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The world, Nigeria and Igbos by astrodome: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
Igbotic! Go Figure!

Although the Chinese and Indians are still very conspicuously above even the best African nationalities, their superiority disappears when the Nigerian and other groups are broken down even further according to their different tribal ethnicities.

Groups like the famous Igbo tribe, which has contributed much genetically to the African American blacks, are well known to be high academic achievers within Nigeria. In fact, their performance seems to be at least as high as the “model minority” Chinese and Indians in the UK, as seen when some recent African immigrants are divided into languages spoken at home (which also indicates that these are not multigenerational descendants but children of recent immigrants).

Africans speaking Luganda and Krio did better than the Chinese students in 2011. The igbo were even more impressive given their much bigger numbers (and their consistently high performance over the years, gaining a 100 percent pass rate in 2009!). The superior Igbo achievement on GCSEs is not new and has been noted in studies that came before the recent media discovery of African performance.

A 2007 report on “case study” model schools in Lambeth also included a rare disclosure of specified Igbo performance (recorded as Ibo in the table below) and it confirms that Igbos have been performing exceptionally well for a long time (5 + A*-C GCSEs); in fact, it is difficult to find a time when they ever performed below British whites.

It should be noted that in fact, the Chinese and Indian groups in the UK have the smallest number of pupils qualified for free school meals, a proxy for level of poverty.

In the world of intellectually gifted schools, perhaps the most selective in the United States is a special program called the Davidson Academy started by Jan and Bob Davison in 2006 in Reno, Nevada.

The tiny school boasts of selecting only the most profoundly gifted children (the highest of the five levels of giftedness) whose IQ is so high that “only one in every ten thousand children in America” can qualify to the school in any one cohort; it is more selective than Stanford or Harvard can ever be.

The school makes no efforts or pretensions to affirmative action and as such, they have had very little “diversity.” However, a search through the promotional materials of the school for a black student – all schools and colleges will always show some black faces in their promotional materials if they have any – reveals that they have had at least one black student, and it was, unsurprisingly, a Nigerian Igbo name (the parent is interviewed in the ad posted on Youtube - Davidson Academy - Overview Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOfnqQtr0PY).

READ THE WHOLE RESEARCH HERE. THEN LOVE OR HATE US MORE
http://www.unz.com/…/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-w…/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by astrodome: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
I guess Igbos in NIGERIA can only become anything significant if they have their own country and compete among themselves to the best of their individual abilities. For now there is no single competition coming from half of the country (the North), little from the South South, and a bit more from the SW. The igbos are primed to compete at the highest level, to bring out the best in them; Nigeria is not giving them the space and motivation to do so. I wonder what the remains of Nigeria would look like should Igbos leave, and do so peacefully, with all their ''Ghana must go bags'' intact and repatriated to their ancestral lands. Hahahah!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by adonbilivit: 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by kossyablaze(m): 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2015
Lol smh
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
The igbos re not around dear, so this thread will end in page 1. don't know the tribe to replace them. I miss their wahala. Some re facing bans. Nairaland is bit bored though.

Where re the niger deltas na?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by ODVanguard: 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
kossyablaze:
Lol smh

Lol. It's genetic. cheesy They just can't help themselves.

1 Like

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by astrodome: 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
SunshineP:
The igbos re not around dear, so this thread will end in page 1. don't know the tribe to replace them. I miss their wahala. Some re facing bans. Nairaland is bit bored though.

Where re the niger deltas na?

Where did all the Igbos of Nairaland go to? Have they all relocated to B.....iafraland?

Hahaha! Anyways, what about non-Biafra Igbos? Are they also on break?

You see how boring Nigeria will become when Igbos leave for B..iafra? This is only on cyberspace and it's already boring. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by knightsTempler: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
astrodome:

Where did all the Igbos of Nairaland go to? Have they all relocated to B.....iafraland?
You see how boring Nigeria will become when Igbos leave for Biafra? This is only on cyberspace and it's already boring. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
delusions of grandeur.
do you want me to post pictures of Aba for you?

4 Likes

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by kossyablaze(m): 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ioannes:
delusions of grandeur.

Boi shut up.If u want to post pics of Aba,create a thread for it.Stop being tribal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by astrodome: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ioannes:
delusions of grandeur.

Pictures of Aba= Pictures of Lagos = pictures of Ibadan. All have slums, no?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
kossyablaze:
Boi shut up.If u want to post pics of Aba,create a thread for it.Stop being tribal.

disprove me that the post isn't a delusion of grandeur. post pictures of your villages side by side with Berlin or Dubai since you guys are the best in the world.

I am not being tribal, I am just stating an obvious fact. if you guys were the best, then your cities should be like paradise, right?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
astrodome:

that's my point. others are not bragging, so we can forgive their slums. but since Igbos are extra special creatures we should expect their enclave to be slum free, right? or at least better than what we see around...

1 Like

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by LoveMachine(m): 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
astrodome:

Of course not. It is only in the SE where the streets aren't paved in gold. The rest of our dear country is a modern marvel. Don't waste your time.

2 Likes

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Mack3N: 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
ODVanguard:

Lol. It's genetic. cheesy They just can't help themselves.
I think You guyz are trying to hard to draw the attention of the igbos back to NL.

You don't want them,let them BE!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
astrodome:
I guess Igbos in NIGERIA can only become anything significant if they have their own country and compete among themselves to the best of their individual abilities. For now there is no single competition coming from half of the country (the North), little from the South South, and a bit more from the SW. The igbos are primed to compete at the highest level, to bring out the best in them; Nigeria is not giving them the space and motivation to do so. I wonder what the remains of Nigeria would look like should Igbos leave, and do so peacefully, with all their ''Ghana must go bags'' intact and repatriated to their ancestral lands. Hahahah!

what stops them from bringing out the best of themselves right now?

1 Like

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by kossyablaze(m): 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ioannes:

disprove me that the post isn't a delusion of grandeur. post pictures of your villages side by side with Berlin or Dubai since you guys are the best in the world.

I am not being tribal, I am just stating an obvious fact. if you guys were the best, then your cities should be like paradise, right?
U are pained...goodnyt

4 Likes

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by CltrAltDel: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ioannes:

that's my point. others are not bragging, so we can forgive their slums. but since Igbos are extra special creatures we should expect their enclave to be slum free, right? or at least better than what we see around...
U just CLOSED this thread with the above statement.
Intelligence cool

3 Likes

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Mack3N: 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ioannes:

what stops them from bringing out the best of themselves right now?
You are trying too hard boi....at the moment,the igbos do not give a hoot about what you post..

Don't even expect a reply from me again if you quite me,make do with the little fame you got while it lasted.

8 Likes

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
astrodome:

You see how boring Nigeria will become when Igbos leave for B..iafra? This is only on cyberspace and it's already boring. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you better don't mention biafra before they ban you too. Rule 9 must be obey.
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by ODVanguard: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mack3N:

I think You guyz are trying to hard to draw the attention of the igbos back to NL.

You don't want them,let them BE!!!

Guy, abeg park well. Na me be the OP wey open this thread to get attention? Wetin I talk wey suggest your accusation? ? Are you sure you are ok?
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Macelliot(m): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
Politics section now boring.. Seun killed it...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Supermiy: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ordo Ab Chao
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mack3N:

You are trying too hard boi....at the moment,the igbos do not give a hoot about what you post..

Don't even expect a reply from me again if you quite me,make do with the little fame you got while it lasted.

you are hilarious. keep on boasting, while others are achieving. a single Nobel award you can't boast of yet the Jews can count up to twenty if not more. yeye dey smell.
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Mack3N: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
ODVanguard:

Guy, abeg park well. Na me be the OP wey open this thread to get attention? Wetin I talk wey suggest your accusation? ? Are you sure you are ok?
Then why are you hopping from one Igbo/Biafra thread to another?

When frog begin hop for afternoon,something dey pursue am.

7 Likes

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
We really lost in that war
Never again
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
CltrAltDel:
U just CLOSED this thread with the above statement. Intelligence cool
smiley
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Mack3N: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ioannes:

you are hilarious. keep on boasting, while others are achieving. a single Nobel award you can't boast of yet the Jews can count up to twenty if not more. yeye dey smell.
Ok,goodnight.

2 Likes

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
kossyablaze:
U are pained...goodnyt
nah. I'm not pained, just amused. grin
have a happy night rest.

1 Like

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mack3N:
Ok,goodnight.
sleep tight.

1 Like

Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by ODVanguard: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mack3N:

Then why are you hopping from one Igbo/Biafra threw to another?

When frog begin hop for afternoon,something dey pursue am.

I will 'hop' anywhere I like and state my view on any topic I like and there's nothing you can do about it. I've been consistent in my position that all you disgruntled elements littering this space with your 'notice me' threads are welcome to deactivate/port to any one of your Bia-centric forums if you are not happy with the new atmosphere of peace that exists here. Only in your deluded mind would someone like myself be wishing for things to go back to the way they were b4 Rule 9. Tufiakwa!
Re: The world, Nigeria and Igbos by Mack3N: 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
ODVanguard:

I will 'hop' anywhere I like and state my view on any topic I like and there's nothing you can do about it. I've been consistent in my position that all you disgruntled elements littering this space with your 'notice me' threads are welcome to deactivate/port to any one of your Bia-centric forums if you are not happy with the new atmosphere of peace that exists here. Only in your deluded mind would someone like myself be wishing for things to go back to the way they were b4 Rule 9. Tufiakwa!
I hear you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Spite Of Difficulty, President Buhari Has Been Growing The Economy - Osinbajo / Alleged Abia Number One Kidnapper, Osisikankwu, Breaks Silence / FG should dualize Ilesha To Benin Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.