Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

End Time Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / End Time Interview (1862 Views)

End Time Job Interview. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Time Interview by WillyWest: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2015
It goes without saying that Nigeria has been in its worse shape economically in the past few months and whether blames should be cast on past or present administrations depends on the kind of individual you ask. However the focus of this piece is on those who take advantage of the state of things to impose more headaches and frustrations on the downpressed.

Just on Sunday evening a friend of mine who recently graduated and had been sending CVs around and filling online job forms into several companies in Abuja got an SMS inviting him for a job interview the next day somewhere around Grand Square in Abuja by 7 am prompt. I encouraged him to go in spite of the short notice especially since he wont have to spend up to N1000 to and fro. So he was up by 5 am, took a cold shower in this unfriendly harmattan and without breakfast got dressed and was off to Grand square.

On his arrival he encountered the familiar scene of massive crowd of applicants from all over Abuja and neighboring states, some going through current affairs, some looking confused and others just chatting away.

Long story short some 20 minutes after 7 am some corporately dressed guys came and ushered them into halls and separated them according to their qualifications viz OND, HND and BSc. My guy was like, this is serious oh.

Then came the shocker.

A lady came to address them, congratulating them on how lucky they were to have been selected and that coming for the interview would be a life changer. She said she worked for a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company that offers network marketing opportunities called G#L#. Before she could complete her gospel my friend and a few others jejely took the final option - they walked away with a hiss. So na these people again mcheww.

When he told me his experience I was like why the deception and why prey on innocent job seekers, why not advertise appropriately and allow those interested in this line of marketing come forward. My friend for one isn't even good at convincing or marketing even if his life depended on it. So he never applied for any marketing jobs. Before he even completed his complaints I reminded him of others who must have borrowed transport money to come all the way from Kaduna or Kogi state only to be so disappointed. Cases abound about people who traveled for job tests and never returned, some ended up in kidnappers dens others victims of road accidents, going for job tests in itself is risky business. So in all we do as employers, entrepreneurs or business people lets always have a human face in our interactions, not while trying to further our business interest end up causing sorrow and pain to the helpless segment of society.

http://deolaonline.com/end-time-interview/

1 Like

Re: End Time Interview by pofolo(m): 8:18am On Dec 16, 2015
This is becoming a normal norm in this country. The government and regulatory bodies are quiet about it.

quote me....
one day, one applicant will go irate on these scrupulous element, with full throttle frustration , and kill if not mob them.

1 Like

Re: End Time Interview by amicable09(f): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2015
Hahahaha... end time interview indeed!
Re: End Time Interview by kunlap02(m): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2015
Its so disheartening that dis GNLD guys keep coming up with different tricks to deceive innocent job seekers.

The way forward is to put every job advert and invite to scrutiny before honouring them.i got my current job through nairaland in dec 2011.so I believe over 75% job advert on this platform is real.

All this times shall pass.
Re: End Time Interview by ksstroud: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2015
Op, a thing like this always happens in a country where the leaders rulers walk with their heads instead of legs....
Re: End Time Interview by Jilov(m): 10:36am On Dec 16, 2015
Na better beating for the woman,dem must pay me my transport ;DNa better beating for the woman,dem must pay me my transport
Re: End Time Interview by ogwoliun: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2015
I was also a victim of this GNLD guys as I travelled from Ibadan to Lagos to attend their so called 'brief interview' with BOSS RESOURSES. The venue was ok but after the interview, we where told to wait. After their normal preaching, na him the guy come say we go pay 8k for reg. Come see how everybody d couse their papa and mama. I don wise up since then.
Re: End Time Interview by ekibor(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
ogwoliun:
I was also a victim of this GNLD guys as I travelled from Ibadan to Lagos to attend their so called 'brief interview' with BOSS RESOURSES. The venue was ok but after the interview, we where told to wait. After their normal preaching, na him the guy come say we go pay 8k for reg. Come see how everybody d couse their papa and mama. I don wise up since then.
hahahaha
Re: End Time Interview by Walesadeyemi(m): 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
I went for one interview like that also where the lady was boasting that the GN**D job took her from poverty to wealth and blablabla like that to brainwash people and to make people think that she's enjoying.
I assessed everything she had on then and I was certain that my shoes was more expensive than her whole outfit.

Funny enough they are now everywhere trying to hustle graduates.
May God help us all

1 Like

Re: End Time Interview by Erums(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
God save us from GNLD
Re: End Time Interview by WillyWest: 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
Walesadeyemi:
I went for one interview like that also where the lady was boasting that the GN**D job took her from poverty to wealth and blablabla like that to brainwash people and to make people think that she's enjoying.
I assessed everything she had on then and I was certain that my shoes was more expensive than her whole outfit.

Funny enough they are now everywhere trying to hustle graduates.
May God help us all

Oh boy thats their usual style o, they manufacture one rag to riches story that never happened, only gullible pple fall for this by the time you go waka with product that nobody wants to buy you will see the truth for yourself.
Re: End Time Interview by WillyWest: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
kunlap02:
Its so disheartening that dis GNLD guys keep coming up with different tricks to deceive innocent job seekers.

The way forward is to put every job advert and invite to scrutiny before honouring them.i got my current job through nairaland in dec 2011.so I believe over 75% job advert on this platform is real.

All this times shall pass.

Very true but the problem is when you have sent out CVs to different places, so you are naturally expectant to get invites. At that point any sms that comes in you end up pouncing on it with all ferocity. May God make a way for the teeming unemployed and underemployed.

2 Likes

Re: End Time Interview by Lovexme(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
Reason why I properly scrutinize every test/interview invite I get before deciding to honor it or not.
Re: End Time Interview by Abirisegun(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2015
lol, loler, lolest...

(1) (Reply)

Data Entry Support Recruitment At Latalata And Kishers Limited / Working at Ruff n Tumble / Nuc Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.