Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) (25439 Views)

I Stole My Boss Car To Attend Valentine Party —suspect (pictured) / Spirit Told Me To Stab The Pregnant Woman –suspect (pictured) / I Killed My Fiancé Over Sex, Says Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by ijustdey: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
Poverty pushed me into robbery

A member of a three-man armed robbery gang has blamed his involvement in crime on poverty.

The suspect, Ese Ebrorhie, also attributed his gang’s success to the use of ‘motorcycles’ for their get away from robbery scenes.
The gang has been tormenting residents and motorists around Mile 2 and Apapa in Lagos.

Ebrorhie was arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS).

Two members of the gang escaped with a locally-made double barrel gun and a pistol.
“I bought a fairly used motorcycle popularly known as okada which developed small problem and there was nobody to help me, so I joined the gang to raise funds to repair the okada ,” Ebrorhie said, adding: “We operated around 5am and 6am and from 9pm. We rob only commercial buses by pretending to be passengers at bus stop around Mile 2 and Apapa.

“Once inside the bus, the gang leader, Zubby, who is holding one of our guns, will hold the bus driver hostage while we begin to rob and dispossess every passenger of their belongings. After the operation, we disembark and mount our waiting bike moving beside the bus to escape.

“I have gone on three operations with them. The first operation, I was given N8, 000. The second one, I was given N15,000. This is my third operation with the gang. Zubby is the one that collects and sells all the belongings we collect during operations. He is the one who shares the booty to everyone.”

Ebrorhie said most of the victims mistook them for passengers.
He claimed that he knew members of the gang as a car washer but didn’t know they were armed robbers then.

“They invite me to operation whenever they wish. Sometimes, I can be in Berger for two days without seeing them,” he said.

Police Public Relations Officer Kenneth Ofor, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP), said the suspect would be charged to court.
He urged Lagosians to be security conscious during this Yuletide.

http://thenationonlineng.net/poverty-pushed-me-into-robbery-says-suspect/

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by ozy4christ(f): 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
confession indeed FCT indeed!! hmmm am dedicating this to my better half, though not knowing where you are right now but am still waiting for uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

if u like quote me! Who cares
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Franzinni: 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2015
Another wasted life

3 Likes

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by damton(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
SEE HIS FACE LIKE SPOILT BEANS

ONYE OSHI

11 Likes

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by wasco24: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
story story

Uncle please tell us a story
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by simplemach(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Na all this kind thing don make dem ban person to carry him girlfriend for bike for KD. God go punish una.

1 Like

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by blazetitov: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Bloody rogue. They are the ones destroying business for the genuine motorcycle operators.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Babangida70(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
You neva chi chum chin.... After cooling your balls in police cell dz Christmas, wen you see bike again you go run. just kwantinue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by zyzx(m): 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
Poverty will continue to be a disease to our youths,and if its not immediately cured it may lead to the death of great minds.

May God save our Youths!

2 Likes

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by eleko1: 6:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
Cut his right ear and feed him..Dey shud use hot iron to plaster his bum until he confess the whereabout of his partner in crime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 6:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
But whyyyyy?...Christmas is a week from today you guys for done stop all operations for this year na....Greedy Bastards_…Na long throat go make you eat chicken for kirikiri undecided

1 Like

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Smartsyn(m): 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
If poverty push people to steal, then I would have been a first class armed robber, but while poverty is pushing some people to steal, the same poverty is pushing some others to make meaning of their lives.

The only difference is choice.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Pavore9: 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
'Poverty pushed me into robbery'.........No, Greed pushed him into robbery!

7 Likes

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Lovexme(m): 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
Now they've met their Waterloo.

We need better security in Lagos, and jobs too.
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by ladyF(f): 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
Awon ole people. We need to expand the prisons though. With the rate all these crime stories (ritualist caught, thief caught, kidnapper caught) make front page, i wonder where they will find space.

And guess who is here again?

Na me ooooo grin grin grin

Hian!! warrisdis under me shocked mods abeg even the one of top of me. The Blood of Jee...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by ilo04(m): 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
there is no day of army robbery report in Lagos state
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by miqos02(m): 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
ok
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Lincoln275(m): 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
Ha! Then we need to look for a way to make their escape hard. Abeg na who get the contact details of Temple Run developers?
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by DrGill(m): 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
Datz hw dey robbed me of my 63k wey i just go collect frm bet9ja shop wey i chop. . .nemesis in progress

2 Likes

Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Kyllahmc(m): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by bdemix(m): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
EndTime Robbery
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Iceman296: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
Even after The Ban? The Truth still Remains that Lagosians should be proactive and Vigilant when they enter Buses especially this Festive Season. The Rate of Armed Robbery these Days have Skyrocketed to its all time High.
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Toluchenko(m): 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Motorcycle Makes Our Escape Easy: Robbery Suspect (pictured) by Deckynyansha(f): 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
Continue....there is God ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh YABATECH Graduate Commits Suicide (photos) / Punch's Adetayo Olalekan Car Stolen Outside First Bank Premises In Abuja / Man Caught Picking Used Sanitary Pads And Pampers In DELSU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.