Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job (23542 Views)

Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by tammie24: 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:
Maybe he actually needs a rest...btw cld u employ me pls? I nid a job seriously
a tell u
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
dikeigbo2:
You may be the course..... Maybe he is working as an elephant and receiving the payment of an ant...an American company paid all its 1400 staffs 100,000usd each as bonuses for this year.....are you nearer to this benevolence?

Hehe...funny guy grin.

And I just rove the way you used benevolence.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by preciousMI1(f): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
sluvy4tune:
At about 3pm today while trying to tidy up my desk for the day, one of my office assistant who I employed about 6months ago walked into my office and that he had some things he wants to discuss with me.

Knowing he has not made such demand before I quickly gave him all attention

After settling into the chair, he went on telling me why we should close early this year,that there is so much responsibility for him this period from his church to family he went on to tell me about how his body need rest and that even his birthday is coming up this month and he needs time so he can run around and put things in order before the birthday comes up.

After he left, I called the accountant to verify if his November salary and allowance has been payed of which I got a Yes response. (Needed to be sure if it's money wahala)

Aside this I personally Tip him as he helps me run some outside office errand once in a while.

I am still speechless....

Nairalanders what do you think?

ABEG I need a job.... just fix me somewhere
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by tammie24: 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cutehector:
lol urm u want him to sack him to employ u? Really...
Ah ah
He's tired na

1 Like

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by edwardaigb: 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
Pls don't sack him, talk with him to make him see reasons.

1 Like

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by datguru: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Eyaah
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by bluice2(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
dikeigbo2:
Motivate your workers and see them choosing to die with you
.....in essence motivation is the key

This comes with high turnover/high profit after tax. For the fact he isn't owed salary is a good motivation, if he still feels he is not motivated enough; then he should start his own company and see how it turns out. Then he can motivate himself, rest his lazy ass as much as he can, and watch his company head for the rocks

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Psalm18: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
Congratulations to everyone on this thread.
You all made me have a good laugh grin cheesy
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by sweatlana: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
dikeigbo2:
You may be the course..... Maybe he is working as an elephant and receiving the payment of an ant...an American company paid all its 1400 staffs 100,000usd each as bonuses for this year.....are you nearer to this benevolence?

I think u need to have your head examined.

1 Like

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by bulletproofmonk(m): 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
sluvy4tune:
At about 3pm today while trying to tidy up my desk for the day, one of my office assistant who I employed about 6months ago walked into my office and that he had some things he wants to discuss with me.

After settling into the chair, he went on telling me why we should close early this year,that there is so much responsibility for him this period from his church to family he went on to tell me about how his body need rest and that even his birthday is coming up this month and he needs time so he can run around and put things in order before the birthday comes up.

After he left, I called the accountant to verify if his November salary and allowance has been payed of which I got a Yes response. (Needed to be sure if it's money wahala)

Aside this I personally Tip him as he helps me run some outside office errand once in a while.

His reason for you to shut down early is because of those flimsy reasons Fire the baga! Nigerians have a poor work ethic.Trust me,increasing his salary won't change anything. Don't blame some companies who insist on having expatriates as core staff.

3 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by ejamahrandy: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
Seriously

And the guy nor go know say dem Don dey discuss him matter for nairaland

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by oge4real(f): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
You can ask him to close early and then you debit the days from his annual leave entitlement.

3 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by datigbogirl: 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

What did you study and how much salary do you have in mind?
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by laprince(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
bulletproofmonk:

His reason for you to shut down early is because of those flimsy reasons Fire the baga! Nigerians have a poor work ethic.Trust me,increasing his salary won't change anything. Don't blame some companies who insist on having expatriates as core staff.

this is simply one sided. Did u remember to ask the op if he is cruel to his staff and how much his staff is paid?

Although,the birthday excuse is so Lame . I could swear on that.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by alaskido(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
After he explained all these things to you, did you ask him any questions? You need to find out if he got another job or his pay is too small.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by just2endowed: 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
Open do u or have ur company given him leave and leave allowance this year. If no, then he might have a point but am not supporting his excuse, but if yes, then I think u really need to talk to him and if u like him that much, why not throw a bday party at work place for him. It will motivate him more and feel he belongs to the growth of the company. Pls sacking should be the last option. Talk to him
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by bluice2(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
winkmart:
give him a raise

Before you ask for a raise:

1. How valuable are you to the organisation?

2. Are your accomplishments visible?

3. Do you possess unique skills that are sell able?

4. Do you have a precise figure in mind?

1 Like

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by oglalasioux(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
sluvy4tune:

He's a black African. We are the only ones family and church will prevent from going to work. We are the most unproductive species on earth. We don't produce anything but we're the greatest consumers in the world. Let him go take care of his family and church. When he becomes broke he'll start blaming his village witches.

6 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Tobium1(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
sluvy4tune:

'Bolded' got me laffing so hard!! I'm so sure dat employee of urs is at home or wtf is he now, he's seriously drafting his resignation letter.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by bulletproofmonk(m): 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
laprince:

this is simply one sided. Did u remember to ask the op if he is cruel to his staff and how much his staff is paid?

Although,the birthday excuse is so Lame . I could swear on that.

You don't tell your boss to shut down for the year because you have church activities and a birthday.A time of the year when sales peak.Tells me how unproductive and myopic such a staff is.

3 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Olayinka777(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
dikeigbo2:
Motivate your workers and see them choosing to die with you
.....in essence motivation is the key
I totally disagree with u on this. No matter how much u motivate some workers, there own is just to steal & pull your business down.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Taiw(m): 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
This situation reminds of a job I took. my salary was 40k and my boss insisted we come on Saturdays and public holidays. Its an IT company. He even wanted to push Sundays to me but I refused. He succeeded with others. I hope you are not that kind of boss. If he works overtime pay him for it. Don't tip him whenever you feel its necessary. If you need to employ someone to work on weekends, do that and don't use one stone to kill two birds.

Something tells me you overuse this guy. How can you send your staff on an unofficial errand and you are bragging you tipped him. That's how my boss the other day asked me to sit in a mechanic shop until his car is fixed. Till today, the idiot is still owing...

Nigerian bosses are mean. I am very sure he did not get any leave this year. Staffs are entitled to 2-4 weeks leave in a year. You expect him not to come up with this excuse?

2 Likes

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by chubysoft1(m): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2015
What planet are you from?
Chosen1984:
Ok! Allow him oooo before he would kill himself and Run away like this photo down here!!
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by supersoaker4you: 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
This post and replies have kept me cracking.... Nairalanders sha!!!

And those guys that are advertising their joblessness here. Una want make them sack Ade

That guy must be a Dopemu because he doesn't know he has to work and not to make excuses with Family, Birthday and CHURCH.

Religious yet we are such a Sad Nation...

1 Like

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
Planet Ceres
chubysoft1:
What planet are you from?
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by nastyesco(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
Contrary to most people assertion if a man who earns little isn't satisfied. ...even when the big bucks comes rolling in...his satisfaction still won't be met.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by laprince(m): 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
bulletproofmonk:

You don't tell your boss to shut down for the year because you have church activities and a birthday.A time of the year when sales peak.Tells me how unproductive and myopic such a staff is.

Maybe the boss deserves it. Or maybe he is shortchanged, underpaid, etc.

Some bosses are so cruel. My former boss would always say that he is very sure we are extra motivated. Last year we did not even get a merry xmas wish from him.

Although, he can make his excuse, but that the company should close early, is a bad idea.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by dikeigbo2(m): 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
sweatlana:

I think u need to have your head examined.

It baffles me as you just restrained civility and spew traaash,must you open your gutter smelly mouth in any topic?..... Besides the tread is for humans ,not for degenerated ape like you

1 Like

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by chubysoft1(m): 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
I thought as much.

Chosen1984:
Planet Ceres
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by ojuolu(m): 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
sluvy4tune:

Hi Op, please you don't have to be speechless.
Two things are key here.
First of all, the guy is becoming comfortable and familiar with the organisation and you in extension. And you know, familiarisation breeds contempt. So a bit of carrot and a bit of cain would not be too much sir.
Secondly, In the spirit of Xmas, please indulge him and yourself a bit. Afterall, he believed you should also be in the mood. Look at how you can adjust a bit and let him have some of his request while you should also call him for a chat and let him understand that Xmas or no Xmas, work must be done. Afterall, Jesus worked. If he did not, we won't be celebrating him today. Teach him how to be responsible and also think like the boss. Let him see reasons while some things are the way they are.
Finally, watch him closely too. He might have gotten a better offer somewhere else and he is just waiting to resume by January. Don't be surprise if you see his resignation letter later in the month.
God bless and happy Xmas in advance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude / Two Ghanaian Nurses Sacked For Ignoring Patients To Have A Facebook Live Session / How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.