Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,536 members, 7,861,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

#1000 Naira Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #1000 Naira Problem (431 Views)

See What Was Written On A 1000 Naira Note That Was Paid To Me Today in Lagos / Breaking News! Free Biafra #1000 Naira In Circulation At Abuja / Had Jonathan Won Naira Would Be 1000 Naira To A Dollar -- President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#1000 Naira Problem by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
I was chatting with my bro when a flash of economic common sense came upon me. Picture a scenario where the most common denomination of the naira in active distribution is the #1000 note. Now the farmers, truck drivers, food vendors, market women or traders in general, who are the foundation of the economy, find it hard to provide change for goods sold. In the long run this slows the pace of business because less goods are sold. Invariably just like the adage "little drops of water gives rise to a mighty ocean. Similarly a "drop" in the pace of business could also slow down the economy. I feel we need to reduce or stop the circulation of #1000, #500 notes in order to address this issue abi fellow nairalanders wetin Una feel.

1 Like

Re: #1000 Naira Problem by CACAWA(m): 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
WTF are you even ranting about?

clarity of point...zero

(1) (Reply)

Senate To Summon DG Of Nigerian Law School Over Constant Tuition Increment / Politician Punched In The Face By A Teenager!!! / Unicef-donates-to-orphanage-homes-in-kaduna/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.