Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Details From The Ongoing Npuga Games (nigerian Private University Games) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Details From The Ongoing Npuga Games (nigerian Private University Games) (1674 Views)

Commonwealth Games: Nigerian Basketball Team Crashes Out Of Competition / Nigerian Private University Games (npuga) Result/medal Table / Updates On The Npuga Games Held In Afe Babalola University With Pictures-link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Details From The Ongoing Npuga Games (nigerian Private University Games) by AbuadStudent(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
The Nigerian private university games is currently holding in AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO EKITI. Details below.

http://2.bp..com/-mcCvHhVvQ7s/Vm8tXc6pEvI/AAAAAAAAAAM/Rl0xUu9qRw4/s280/_MG_0490.JPG

Those Nigerian Turkish Nile University boys (name sef funny) came up against ABUAD Football team with three other matches being played simultaneously. To be honest, those NTN guys never looked like they knew how to kick a football but hey, they had nice jerseys and boots. From the onset, the game looked like Barcelona was on one side and a team of ball boys was on the other side although the very poor state of The pitch made them look good a bit. Of course, those ABUAD boys took the taskmaster’s duty in no time and the whipping began earnestly. 2-nil at half time, they had a Red Card, Onukak got both goals (scored one from the rebound of Penalty Kick he missed initially)
While the game was going on, another match going on, (BOWEN vs CRESCENT; on the main field) was the centre of attraction. Those Bowen boys were busy getting studs up ruthless against Crescent. Giving them a proper and befitting massacre. They would not listen to pleas from the fans to calm down and “dash” Crescent one small goal. (Confession: I never for once believed BOWEN boys had any other talents besides being backup singers for their girls during Praise and Worship). It was like a Surgeon cutting up his patient without Anaesthesia. That game ended just 4-0 as BOWEN eventually decided to have mercy. The owner of Crescent University is grateful. It could have been 8 or 9.
Back to our game (which was some 50 shades of boredom, many thanks to football pitch). ABUAD added one more through Timothy and Another through Balotelli (which was ruled out for offside). Then came in NTN’s No. 20. Proper super sub. He came in just to add small palm oil to Daniel Obekpa (ABUAD goalie)’s sheet that was clean before.3-1. So NTN started thinking of a comeback (Yeah, you laughed at that too ba?). It ended that way

The Talisman’s Fun Fact: Onukak has scored more goals (4) than some Universities since NPUGA games started in 2003. I propose that those Universities be mandated to participate in Secondary School’s inter-house sports instead of an Adult’s competition such as this. Yours sincerely

Other Games

Swimming: Look away ABUAD, this is not our turf. I’m starting to believe the rumours that Benson Idahosa University really is located under water, I mean it’s the only explanation for their swimmers giving gaps like it’s the first time their opponents ever entered the pool.
We are hosts but nope, they won’t let us be great in our own pool, OUR OWN POOL! To cap it all, just to make jest of us as our swimmers struggled to keep up, they chanted an “Anti-Voltage anthem” (Oh FYI, “Voltage” is ABUAD’s official Chant for The NPUGA games and I have no clue what it means) and followed it up with their “…We rule, we rule, we rule, That’s all” song. (That thing can pain ehn) They put the screws to us and IT HURTS! So I hope we have them in our crosshairs somewhere apart from Water, let’s get on land, Football to be precise.

Athletics: On the tracks, we made other schools look like rookies wrapped inside Amateurs. The 5000m race was made child’s play and won by Ibrahim. Quite easily done. We cannot shout.
100m heat? Lol…These other schools should just stop competing against us. They were properly dusted. FULL voltage from The Tracks

Badminton and Volleyball: ABUAD has reached the finals in Badminton (dishing out some strokes of the tutorial cane along the way to anyone who crossed our path). For Volleyball, please don’t even get me started on how our Girls made The Adeleke University female Volleyball team look like people who had not seen volleyball being played before. Hopefully The Adeleke Uni. Girls were smart enough to video the match so they can declare a week holiday in their school where they can gather everyone and teach them what they were taught on The Court by ABUAD girls

Basketball: ABUAD (male) 54 vs McPherson 9. I didn’t make this up I promise. I kid you not, this actually happened. See, I don’t even have a joke for this neither do I need to try to construct one. Some jokes simply write themselves. Thanks for making my job easy McPherson University, really,...

Details on the host university's official campus blog

Www.Abuadstudent..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Great News For Frustrated Chelsea Fans Emerges In Report / I Have Had My Last Fight: Mayweather / I Chose Chelsea Over Manchester United Because Of Conte- Morata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.