Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation (1760 Views)

Just-In:Video Claims Attack On Shiite Hussainiyyah Before Road Block, Unprovoked / We Applied Minimum Force On Shiite Members, Says Nigerian Army / Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
First i don't know why Nigeria Army had to wait this long to get this video out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jdCfSa8tg which clearly shows NA officers acted with caution
Most people dont know that btw Saturday & Sunday two events happen
1- COAS Lt Gen TY Buratai was heading to the POP of new junior cadre soldiers which was also attended by foreign defence attachés, His Convoy approach the procession of shiittes ,Senior NA officers Red necks including a Brigadier and full Col begged the youths to allow the convoy pass through and the youths refused insisting only malam can give them the permission to allow COAS to pass through a Government build n maintain road,In the video one of the youths was asking Army spokesman to speak with his commandant and told him " Nigeria Army oga is here and I am NA spokemans let us pass nothing will happen with you guys please Dan Allah"
COAS guards were on full alert, To prevent any possible attack on their principal, They showed lots of calm in a dangerous situation with youths displaying weapons in front of the Army spokesman n other officers negotiating unarmed, Some people say the should have used RUBBER bullets, NA is not an Olympic squad, infact COAS advance team lost men to Armed bush in NE, in line with COAS COMMITMENT FOR IMPROVE MIL-CIVIL RELATIONSHIP N HUMAN RIGHT RESPECT, DIALOGUE WAS USE,As the youths began to be aggressive standard military tactical approach was deployed inline with rules of engagement to clear path and prevent attack on COAS
2- Was the raid on their base, Here I believe the police should have been involved but even the NA spent hours ,

I urge us all to embrace peace and As the government inquiry is investigating further, Our hope is that we shall learn from this and deploy approximate assets for internal security matters.

IBNSULTAN

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Omololu007(m): 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2015
If the north west and north east,with states like Niger state were not part of Nigeria,Nigeria would have been a great and peaceful country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
I respect you pal
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by ruxton06(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
Thank you!
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by idu1(m): 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
What is your take on NA taking the fight to shia base after clearing them from the road and end up destroying the sheikh resident?
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by snakie86: 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
If they can behave like that to the COAS, i imagine what they will do to the IGP or bloody civilian like us

1 Like

Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
snakie86:
If they can behave like that to the COAS, i imagine what they will do to the IGP or bloody civilian like us
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by dunkem21(m): 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
grin My rice dey fire ..

I dey kwom
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Realdeals(m): 10:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
The army taught them TOO much lesson.
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by dustmalik: 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
I believe they knew he would be passing through that route, hence why they held their procession there. As far as I'm concerned, they displayed tendencies of a terrorist group, and they deserved what befell them.

What worries me, though, is what made the military attacked their headquarters afterwards. This is the part that needs to be clarified.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by elhafeez(m): 11:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
the chief of Army staff called him and he said he can't control his boys because the army have annoyed them. the COAS told him if he can't control then they will control the m for him. on the raid on his house. it was done because he refuse the invitation of both the army and the Emirates of zazau to come. and for those e who said the police should be involve. I can't stop laughing because you don't know who those Shiite boys are. they are scared of no one and believe they are above the law. you all should ask anyone that leaves in Zaria who Azazaky boys are. we fear them more than the police and Army combined. But the Army just proved they are superior.
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by resty4(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
D op is sunni.his sunni bros ie isis n alquada r killg tauzas in syria,iraq n he's sayg poo here.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
God bless NA
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
k
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Chimezie250(m): 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
After the president, coas should be the most respected person, what we are facing now is repercussion of Apc politicalising a burning national issue during Jonathan regime, this same issue happened during the last regime, apc use it to score cheap political point, like some will say, karma is a bitch

1 Like

Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by baralatie(m): 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
snakie86:
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by baralatie(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
elhafeez:
the chief of Army staff called him and he said he can't control his boys because the army have annoyed them. the COAS told him if he can't control then they will control the m for him. on the raid on his house. it was done because he refuse the invitation of both the army and the Emirates of zazau to come. and for those e who said the police should be involve. I can't stop laughing because you don't know who those Shiite boys are. they are scared of no one and believe they are above the law. you all should ask anyone that leaves in Zaria who Azazaky boys are. we fear them more than the police and Army combined. But the Army just proved they are superior.
cc:idu1
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by femu(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
resty4:
D op is sunni.his sunni bros ie isis n alquada r killg tauzas in syria,iraq n he's sayg poo here.
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by idupaul: 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
OP nobody is saying the measures the COAS convy took was wrong.. What I fault is the Army returning hours later to exert vengeance on the sect for the humiliation earlier in the day.
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Onyocha: 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
[b]honestly speaking, what happened on the road is very much irrelevant. Both sides are wrong there.

What is relevant to me is that the army used the earlier road incident as excuse/cover up/pretext to launch two assaults at the worship center and at the cleric's home. During the siege and raid many were killed and the structures got demolished. These are crimes against humanity committed and human rights violations. No one really care that the army reacted -by taking law into their hands -to road block and many understand that the blocking of road and confronting soldiers who don't value lives is wrong. The problem is the siege on the house and the hussainiyyah.

Many are distracted by what happened on the road. The army is using the road incident to cover up their assault on and demolition of the house and hussainiyyah. Many lives were wasted.That is wrong and unjustifiable even under military rule.

The siege and assault on the home and worship center came after the road incident had ended. Why?

The COAS should please not resign. He should either remain and continue to tarnish the image of the APC government and the image of the country, or let him be sacked immediately and punished for his crimes. This is a democracy and no one should be a victim of religious persecution. Citizens should be free to choose what beliefs they want to follow.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by baralatie(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
Onyocha:
[b]honestly speaking, what happened on the road is very much irrelevant. Both sides are wrong there.

What is relevant to me is that the army used the earlier road incident as excuse/cover up/pretext to launch two assaults at the worship center and at the cleric's home. During the siege and raid many were killed and the structures got demolished. These are crimes against humanity committed and human rights violations. No one really care that the army reacted -by taking law into their hands -to road block and many understand that the blocking of road and confronting soldiers who don't value lives is wrong. The problem is the siege on the house and the hussainiyyah.

Many are distracted by what happened on the road. The army is using the road incident to cover up their assault on and demolition of the house and hussainiyyah. Many lives were wasted.That is wrong and unjustifiable even under military rule.

The siege and assault on the home and worship center came after the road incident had ended. Why?

The COAS should please not resign. He should either remain and continue to tarnish the image of the APC government and the image of the country, or let him be sacked immediately and punished for his crimes. This is a democracy and no one should be a victim of religious persecution. Citizens should be free to choose what beliefs they want to follow.[/b]
what if the coast was murdered on that road
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
idupaul:
OP nobody is saying the measures the COAS convy took was wrong.. What I fault is the Army returning hours later to exert vengeance on the sect for the humiliation earlier in the day.
we should wait fr d inquiry
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by abduljabbar4(m): 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
Omololu007:
If the north west and north east,with states like Niger state were not part of Nigeria,Nigeria would have been a great and peaceful country

K
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by vicadex07(m): 5:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
This is the cheif commander of all nigeria's army we are talking about. The incidence was taken as an attempt to assasinate the coas which in itself is an act of war and the counter assault was treated as such. Remember that the northern states is currently a theatre of boko haram war and the army looses soldiers daily to this insurgency. They will never take lightly an attempt on the life of their most senior officer...what an insult
Onyocha:

Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
smh

1 Like

Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by BIGERBOY1: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
Thus
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by vedaxcool(m): 10:02am On Dec 18, 2015
The whole incident is unfortunate but the fact that the group please we should not equate the group with all shiites but that particular group bears arms. And as the Kaduna state govt. revealed there built their hq without permit despite govt. marking the site for demolition they still refused to comply.

COAS shouldn't resign because of a renegade group that seems to think it is a parallel govt.
Re: My Take On Shiite Nigeria Army Confrontation by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 18, 2015
vedaxcool:
The whole incident is unfortunate but the fact that the group please we should not equate the group with all shiites but that particular group bears arms. And as the Kaduna state govt. revealed there built their hq without permit despite govt. marking the site for demolition they still refused to comply.

COAS shouldn't resign because of a renegade group that seems to think it is a parallel govt.

(1) (Reply)

Male Suicide Bomber Disguised As A Woman Caught In Gombe Today / D / See The Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Ex Finance Minister, Late Chief Okotie In 1956

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.