Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS (594 Views)

Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS / EFCC Partners FBI To Fight Yahoo Boys / Danfo Conductor Strips To Fight A Lady Over Money In Lagos (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by noetic5: 6:41am On Dec 17, 2015
UMBRELLA body of Christians in Nigeria, the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, last night protested the attempt by the current All Progressives Congress, APC, government to subtly enlist Nigeria among Arab nations to fight ISIS.

It was reported on foreign news last night that Saudi Arabia was building a coalition of 34 Muslim/Arab countries to fight ISIS and Nigeria was named among the 34.

A statement late last night by the General Secretary of CAN, Rev. Musa Asake, said: “This singular gesture of the Buhari government betrays so much, and tends to confirm our fears that underneath everything this government is doing, there is an agenda with strong Islamic undertones, aimed at undermining Nigeria’s pluralistic character and neutrality regarding government’s affiliation to any one religion.

“While joining hands with other countries to fight ISIS is something good, our country must not be tagged as a Muslim or Arab nation. Christians must make a public statement showing their discontent on this development which portends great danger to national unity and integration.”

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/can-protests-moves-to-list-nigeria-among-arab-nations-to-fight-isis/

lalasticlala, mynd44, ishilove
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by noetic5: 6:41am On Dec 17, 2015
huh? shocked shocked
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by ORACLE1975(m): 6:43am On Dec 17, 2015
Hmm grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by madridguy(m): 6:49am On Dec 17, 2015
I pray PMB will never fall into the trap of the Saudi government. Nigeria is not arab nation and we should never participate in the fight against ISIS/ISIL. Saudi Arabia should tell her Arab brothers how they found and fund the deadliest terrorist group just to be chief controller of the region.

Meanwhile, what exactly has the Saudi Arabia government did to help us in fighting against Boko Haram. Buhari should please stay clear out of ISIS palava as we have nothing to do with them. We cannot be fighting ISIS while the likes of Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Germany, France, UK, USA will be financing and training the group again.

Saudi Arabia primary motive is to unseat Bashar Al-Asad which I am very sure its won't be that easy with China and Russia standing by him.

PMB, say no to Saudi Arabia led coalition. The Christian Association of Nigeria, are fighting for all Nigeria not the Christian alone so I am totally in support of this statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Vision4God: 6:53am On Dec 17, 2015
It is weeellllll o
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by tammie24: 6:53am On Dec 17, 2015
Arab nation?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by jomoh: 7:00am On Dec 17, 2015
I am a Muslim but Nigeria is no muslim country and we are no Arab Nation.

We are Nigeria and Nigerians. We are not fighting any ISIS we are flogging Boko Haram already.

For Gods sake don't we have any standard foreign policy that defines who/what we are and who/what we are not instead of countries just associating us with what we're not.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Bigloaf: 7:00am On Dec 17, 2015
baba i hope say u nor get hand put. u better do the right thing because we nor be gambia. if not divided we fall, united will scatter.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by ojun50(m): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2015
Buhari Pierced Ears
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by feldido(m): 7:13am On Dec 17, 2015
Finally every bit is getting into place... I told you Buhari has an Agenda.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Prevho: 7:13am On Dec 17, 2015
Well
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2015
I think Northern Nigeria should be removed from Nigeria and its map.Let them just break out. We are tired of their stupidity and them dragging a whole Nigeria into their Islamic wars

Wetin concern Nigeria concern ISIS if not for bokoharam
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 17, 2015
nigeria is a confused nation......now they wan turn me to arab.....Well Arab money aint bad

(1) (Reply)

Biafra:kanu’s Continued Detention;oeas Calls For General Strikes In Biafra / Christ Embassy Pastor Abducted In Bayelsa / Woman Held For Biting Mans Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.