Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,921 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

The Samaritan Woman - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Samaritan Woman (307 Views)

In Need Of A Saviour/good Samaritan. / The Story Of Ibadan Taxi Driver Samaritan & The Police: Admonition For Faithfuls / Good Samaritan- A Story Of Compassion. Fr. Gerald M. Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Samaritan Woman by Sustainer(f): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2015
From the time I was a little girl, I had always desired more. More wasn’t in the material sense, the more I wanted was to satisfy an emotionally longing. The longing of wanting to be noticed in the midst of a crowd, wanting to be touched beyond the physical and I wanted to be shown love beyond the ordinary. It wasn’t enough to say the words, I wanted a proof of it.

I was like the Samaritan woman, looking for a supernatural kind of love from ordinary men. And for the longest time I hopped from man to man believing the next one could love me better than the last. There were 5 guys in total, just like the Samaritan woman. The first didn’t come close to what I wanted, too young. The second didn’t love enough. The third who I thought I had found forever with left me brushed and bruised. The fourth was just a fantasy turned nightmare. And the fifth who made me believe was different from the rest turned out to be my biggest mistake.

I was the Samaritan woman till Jesus decided to come my way. He needed to go through my life, and go through He did. Just like the Samaritan woman, He met me when I was filthy. I had never been as filthy as I was then. But, He found me in the mud, and got me out. I was in a pit of despair and sin, but He stretched out His hands and lifted me.

He left Judea and departed again to Galilee. But He needed to go through Samaria. JOHN 4:4

I don’t know how many of you reading have actually felt the love of God. I felt it and it was better than anything I had ever felt in my life. It was like a wave of happiness washed through me, washed me from the crown of my head to the sole of my feet. And I knew then that He died for me, and the love I had heard so much about wasn’t an abstract thing, it was meant for me and to all those who will open their heart’s to it.

But God demonstrated His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Read more here https://spiritbreathes./2015/08/19/the-samaritan-woman/

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 18th Of December 2015 / To The Young Christian Generation. / Understanding Spirit, Soul And Body (4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.