Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Jumia Black Friday Scam To Nigerians. [it is Indeed A Black Day To Nigerians] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Black Friday Scam To Nigerians. [it is Indeed A Black Day To Nigerians] (1464 Views)

Jumia.com Black Friday Scam / Best 4G Android Phones You Can Buy On Black Friday / Jumia Black Friday Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Black Friday Scam To Nigerians. [it is Indeed A Black Day To Nigerians] by techmandy: 11:02am On Dec 17, 2015
Black Friday has come and gone. Can you imagine a situation whereby you made an order and for over 3 weeks your order has not been delivered even after you made payment online. Jumia stated it clearly on their website that orders made on blackfriday might be delayed for 8 days, but now this is the 20th day and still counting. all orders made from Konga that same day got delivered 5 days after but Jumia just want to scam Nigerians. The most annoying part is that I tried to contact them on gmail, twitter, facebook, even their customer service [jumia.zendesk.com] but to my surprise they won't even reply i even went ahead to add their CEO on linkend to complain all to no avail. I ordered for 3 headphones with order number 306478537-M1079, my order as arrived at local office for over 2 weeks now and up till now no show!!! that was how i ordered for an infiinix hot note 1 month again and the phone did not even power ON, my friend ordered for an injoo max 2 plus a week after black friday and the phone did not also power ON when it was delivered. The funniest thing is that i was planing to make those headphones christmas gift to pple aroound me but guess jumia ruined my christmas this year already.

Here are complains from fellow Nigerians concerning this same scam

amolaniyan
December 08, 2015 16:27

Today makes it exactly 12 days that I place an order for some items during the black friday. Though I chose pay on delivery, I do not see any reason why my items shouldnt have gotten to me by now. Its really frustrating when u neglect other online stores and decide to deal with you but making me to feel like this. It doesnt speak well of the company. Uptill now, it has not pass the stage of being "Processed", so when will it be delivered when what you claim is within "7 days" delivery?? I am patiently waiting till Thursday before I decide my next line of action if not contacted till then. My order No. is 308585737. Thank you and hope you will get back to me soonest than I expect!

Daniel Sylvanus
December 08, 2015 18:06

Wow! I thought am the only one suffering this me from this mess. This company should better sit up before they loss thousands of clients.

Olatilewa Shoyombo
December 09, 2015 11:31

Same here.

So sickening and annoying.

All effort to get response about the status of my order proved abortive.

Disappointing!

Scam!

Olatilewa Shoyombo
December 10, 2015 12:13

The most annoying part of it is that they just kept mute over this burning issues. no response, absolutely nothing

This should sound as a wake up call to Jumia...... delivery of items shouldnt be this hard especially when its within the same STATE..... I have experienced these delays over and over again.

if everyone is complaining then there is a problem somewhere in the whole arrangement.

I am still waiting for an order up till now. It has been in the "arrived at local store" for more than a week and nothing has been done ever since.

Please the items are not free so why so much hassle in getting these.

JUMIA please WAKE UP

godwin
Friday at 11:34

MY ANOTHER EXPERIENCE WITH JUMIA
in Black friday (27th Nov, 2015), i made an order (r # 30639283727/11/15 Total ₦ 46,500) for a deep freezer, 260LT capacity and the price was #46,500) Jumia approved the order and i began to wait for centuries, on for yesterday night, Jumia sent me email that my order is cancelled. and the next thing they did this morning was to increase the price of that deep freezer from #46,500 to #55,400.
and this same people keep bombarding us with adverts on dstv, tv stations, internet as the best selling online store with integrity?
why is Jumia deceiving nigerians?

Daud Shittu
Monday at 10:26

The annoying part is after waiting more than two weeks for your order, you get a confirmation that it is cancelled... Confirmation indeed!!!

Daniel Sylvanus
Monday at 11:26

TO FRANK, JUMIA IS THE WORST MALL I WILL EVER SHOP AGAIN WITH. AFTER DELAYING MY ORDER ALL THEY DID WAS TO CANCEL IT WITHOUT NOTIFICATION CAUSING ME TO HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY SISTER. TO HELL WITH THEM!!!

This is the funniest
danielgabriel042
Monday at 15:20

my is the painful one, jumia gave me d same order no wit anoder customer

Read more complains: https://jumia.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/207639347-DELAY-IN-DELIVERY?page=1#community_comment_210093727

Get latest updates about freebrowing and technews: http://techmandy..com

What's your opinion about this black friday scam?
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam To Nigerians. [it is Indeed A Black Day To Nigerians] by blayde(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
After three weeks of waiting& dreaming of phone(which i ordered) na so d guy call me.Ah no even pick or even reply him text.Rubbish.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Scam To Nigerians. [it is Indeed A Black Day To Nigerians] by Activist1980: 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
It is about time we in Nigeria stood up for our rights as customers, especially deliberately selling substandard products to unsuspecting buyers during discount sales e.g. Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc. by online retailing organizations. They know some of us would rather not seek redress for substandard products of N 20,000 (about $ 100), make their customer service points inaccessible (that is if they actually functional!) and wear you out until you give up following up on unresolved bad sales. Imagine if they had sold substandard products worth N 20,000 (about $ 100) to just about 100 of us. That is a whooping N 2,000,000 (about $ 10,000), just like that! I will be taking a written petition to Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC), Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) and Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) against Jumia. Sign petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stopjumiaonlineretailingfraud

(1) (Reply)

9 Amazing Microsoft Apps That Is Now Available For Android / GLO 4G!! / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Antutu Benchmark Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.