Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election (24363 Views)

Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread / Bayelsa Rerun: Governorship Election Results - LIVE UPDATES / ‘APC Stockpiling Arms, Recruiting Cultists For Bayelsa Poll’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by zone20: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2015
INEC meets with security chiefs, parties

THE Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has fixed January 9, next year for the supplementary election of the Southern Ijaw Local Council cancelled by the body recently.

Impeccable multi sources within the Commission told The Guardian yesterday that the tentative date being canvassed by top officials and stakeholders seems to be widely acceptable to all the principal actors in the election saga.

“Apart from the fact that the yuletide period is around the corner, consideration was given to the fact that a lot of people would return home to their villages and they wouldn’t want to be bogged down with the inconveniences of the election.

The commission wants to consult with the various stake holders and needs time to prepare for the make or mar re-run,” one of the sources said.

In order to perform its duty, Yakubu was said to have decided to carry everybody along and involve all concerned in widespread consultations.

The electoral boss, alongside his top lieutenants yesterday, met with security chiefs in the area including the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Sanusi Oki, his Army counterpart, Major General Alali Okunola and those of the Naval, Air Force and Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps.

The security situation during the recent election was discussed at the meeting, while plans were laid out to prevent a recurrence of the lapses recorded in the last poll.

The INEC boss is set to meet with all the parties that participated in the last election, together with all the candidates on Thursday in Abuja.

“They are expected to come to the meeting with all their grievances and those present are also expected to thrash all the issues exhaustively,” another source revealed.

“The chairman has been consulting widely and he wants to carry along all the stakeholders, regardless of their status or affiliations.”

It shall be the turn of the media and civil societies groups on Friday, during which INEC is expected to announce the date for the bye-election.

“INEC is trying to ensure that it shakes off the under-performance tag that is being attached to it. The boss wants to be seen as being fair and effective.

“After the Kogi near-disaster, he can’t afford to have another misstep in this one. His integrity and that of the commission are at stake here,” a source said.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/12/bayelsa-rerun-fixed-for-january-9-2016/
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Tunami(m): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2015
noted
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by evy1(m): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2015
Okay.
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by bonechamberlain(m): 11:43am On Dec 17, 2015
this country sef, why 2016, for elections of a local govt. we are in trouble in this country.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Hallmark08(m): 11:59am On Dec 17, 2015
Mission impossible for apc, the more inec delays the more the love on the heart good people of Bayesian.

10 Likes

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
Great decision
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by babyfaceafrica: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok..let the best rigger winsm.,naija I hail
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Okanokan(m): 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
Kogi State Election was not "near disaster" it was a DISASTER, Inec does not seem to understand the import of its decision, like the proverbial ostrich that bury its head in sand forgetting thier body is out in the open; by throwing the decision to the court to handle they thought they have extricated themselves from the DISASTER that was Kogi ELECTION and the FIASCO that characterised the Bayelsa ELECTION.
Like i stated in previous posts, The present INEC will truncate DEMOCRACY in Nigeria, Never again, can this Nation through the YAKUBU'S INEC hold any Election relating to PRESIDENTIAL and GOVERNORSHIP that will be conclusive all will be inconclusive, if we go by the rule of the present failed INEC, Buhari election would have been declared INCONCLUSIVE.

11 Likes

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Kenny4lyfe(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
ok
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by WisdomCanada(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by omeke12(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
And some people keeps saying..... "U can't win with APC in bayelsa, U can't win with APC in Rivers, U can't win with APC in Anambra U can't win with APC here, u can't there"
whenever I hear this, I just grin and SMH...some fellow compatriots still haven't gotten the reality, they think Jonathan is still in power where the peoples party wins...
The funniest ones are the ones that say they will vote out APC in 2019 if they perform below expection....
Fellow Nigerians please, Stop under estimating......APC Judges and Hausa-man led INEC
Do this at Ur own peril..!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by looseweight: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by kekakuz(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
[size=20pt] and we will be having rerun in 3different pdp States
Should we call this coincidence [/size]

8 Likes

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by sweatlana: 12:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
Bayelsa Oyeeeeee! Saraki all the way
apc .keep off!

1 Like

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Olukat(m): 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
You don't sow lies and wait on the Truth at the end!
If you can't organize an election in just 2 states, then 2019 it's time bomb.
LGA's are been fragmented to enable them think of what to do..chai
Government of inconclusiveness at all levels

2 Likes

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by UTMOST10(m): 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
Peaceful elections we need.....
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by adedem1: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
Yeah gud
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by LordEmperoris1(m): 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
pdp for life

2 Likes

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by sirAmeh(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
Watching in 3D!!!!
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by dridowu: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
oya defectors over to u
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Lakayanah: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
Na wa o almost a month just to conduct elections in one state, hmmmmmmm the slow couch is moving like the snail it really is. Up buhari.

1 Like

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by opribo(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
bonechamberlain:
this country sef, why 2016, for elections of a local govt. we are in trouble in this country.

All in a bid to perfect the plan, dont ask me what plan because you already know. In an election where you have one candidate clearly sweeping the poll suddenly from no where one local government now produces a result that rubbishes all other polls conducted one must ask how come.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
PDP!!!
Show APC what you're made of.

1 Like

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
Okay...

Noted
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
YES! Jungle don mature.[color=#006600][/color] grin[b][/b]
Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by bonechamberlain(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
opribo:

All in a bid to perfect the plan, dont ask me what plan because you already know. In an election where you have one candidate clearly sweeping the poll suddenly from no where one local government now produces a result that rubbishes all other polls conducted one must ask how come.
. if INEC cannot conduct an election for a local govt in a small state like bayelsa, within few weeks then we are in trouble in this country.

rigging that election In bayelsa is a call for violence.

1 Like

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
Apc to get an oil state no be by Force ooooo

1 Like

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
I once told a friend dat apc can't win Bayelsa election even though Tinubu is d INEC chairman. I am a Bayelsan and I know how my people vote. Similarly, apc can't win Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers. I am a Bayelsan but doing my nysc in rivers state. go to d street of rivers and ask people, in every 100 90 will ask u who's Dakuku. pls don't stay in Osun, Ogun or Kwara or Kano and be doing apc ds or dat. come down n vote for yo apc in ds states when it'stime for d election.
pls I never insulted any1 so I desist any1 from insulting me, we are adults and we can't reason alike always.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Reveals Date For Bayelsa Rerun Election by Creamz(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
Okay. Next

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Drives A Bulldozer As He Flags Off Road Construction (Photos) / No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders / APGA: FG Suspended Work On Abia Flyover Over Poor Quality Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.