Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,976 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Customization Of Forum Site Themes - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Customization Of Forum Site Themes (2561 Views)

Dear Nairelander Rate My Bootstrap Customization Of Nairaland / Customization Of Voguepay Form / Help Review This Forum Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customization Of Forum Site Themes by ade9ja(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2009
Please any help with how to upload my own customize theme for a simple machine forum software.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by fxmaxony(m): 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2009
@ade9ja, I hope this worked, I am many are embracing SMF, welldone mavtrevor
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by ade9ja(m): 8:26pm On Jun 09, 2009
Thanks for the explanation, but i will like to get your mobile no in case i want to contact you direct for any info, i will be grateful if you do.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by ade9ja(m): 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2009
Please is it not going to affect the functionality of my forum i mean my members, post and messages even though i have gotten more than 1000 members now.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by DualCore1: 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2009
no it wont affect that. however, backup your forum before trying out themes and mods.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 10, 2009
just follow the instruction given to you but i must say this make sure your forum is in maintainace mode while doing it so that if anything goes wrong you will be other saver side
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by ade9ja(m): 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
ok thanks i will try it.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by SamMilla1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2009
Using a custom theme especially for newbies is not a great option.

I use many themes on my forum at the same time but i edited the template files of each one of them to what i wanted.

Using default theme is the best especially if you are going to install mods.
But if you like custom themes, i cant stop you but you will not find it easy
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by ade9ja(m): 10:37am On Jun 11, 2009
O.k but can you help me on the customization to make it feel different from the public default.
i like the way you customize .com, like removing the smf logo.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by SamMilla1(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2009
i can do that for you but we have to talk about it somewhere else. contact me on @yahoo.com. (messenger)
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by mavtrevor3: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2009
Maybe we should talk about it here, alot of newbies in forum business find it difficult placing ads in their forums. Maybe we should talk about it.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by SamMilla1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2009
That is unacceptable by me. I have had some issues about teachings and link postings with the management of this forum. I have decided go follow their rules and play the games the way the want it.
If you want us to discuss anything , you can reach me through the messenger or yoiu can search for my username in google.
It will surely get you to me.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by DualCore1: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2009
with the management and Board of trustess, rotfl! no be small something. ma man is playing it safe now. its necessary sha.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by mavtrevor3: 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2009
It is called being humble, as a lot of us has been banned and unbanned so many times, the truth is if you have passed through such ordeal, you will become humble and play from the books.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by DualCore1: 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2009
ya i know that and i dont think anyone has been hit as much as Sam, well erm. . . maybe sienna. tongue
playing by the books dont really work here, its better not to play at all tongue
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by SamMilla1(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2009
Dual Core:

ya i know that and i dont think anyone has been hit as much as Sam, well erm. . . maybe sienna. tongue
playing by the books dont really work here, its better not to play at all tongue

ahahaha, who said i was hit , by what, we disagreed now and then bu i guess he has a clear way of how he wants his forum to be used. So what did i do?
I released the anger on smf community. Now i am fine.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by DualCore1: 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2009
ya u're fine, lol tongue
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by ade9ja(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2009
I am with you sam milla, so what are you saying about the customization of the board and how i can always auto place the latest post update to the bar.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by SamMilla1(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2009
You need a lot of work to do naija,,   it took me one year plus to get this far and i am still learning.
So i suggest you state clearly , one by one, what you want exactly. then we work on it
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by ade9ja(m): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2009
thanks very muck sam milla, u ve been a great mentor, i hope with time and focus we will get fully there like nairaland and otthers
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by mavtrevor3: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2009
I think he was asking how he could display new posts on the index.php of his forum. I could say it involves creating a column and writing a script for it. Then you dont have to worry much. I think i have seen a theme somewhere that looks like what you are asking for. I will look for it.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by DualCore1: 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2009
mavtrevor3:

I think he was asking how he could display new posts on the index.php of his forum. I could say it involves creating a column and writing a script for it. Then you dont have to worry much. I think i have seen a theme somewhere that looks like what you are asking for. I will look for it.

Admin > Configuration > Current Theme > Number of recent posts to display on board index:
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by ade9ja(m): 2:46am On Jun 13, 2009
Please help this is the error i got while trying to retrieve post after the upgrade to smf 1.1.9 from smf 1.1.5

Unknown column 'a.file_hash' in 'field list'
File: /home/naijavoi/public_html/Sources/Display.php
Line: 711

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.9, while your database is at version 1.1.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

please do anybody know how i can fix the problem?
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by DualCore1: 3:15am On Jun 13, 2009
how did u upgrade? did u download 1.1.9 files and upload to ur site or u used the upgrade feature on ur admin CP?
i ask cuz if u used the update feature on ur admin CP, that shoulda taken care of a smooth upgrade.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by ade9ja(m): 3:32am On Jun 13, 2009
i make use of the upgrade button on my control panel.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 13, 2009
Well. . .i am learning. . .
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by SamMilla1(m): 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2009
a.file_hash is a new file created for 1.1.9 version only.

what you have to do is to download UpdateDatabase.php file , install it on the root directory and run it on your browser once.  www.yourforum.com/updatedatabase.php.

it will show blank page but dont worry, it will do its work,

remove the file after running the update.
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2009
Nice tutorial going on here. . . .i am more than impressed, i am jotting with my biro and paper sef!
Re: Customization Of Forum Site Themes by mavtrevor3: 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2009
I think with the solutions so far, your problem could be solved. @ dual core, thanks bro, i really appreciate your help so much in this forum.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHP Mailer, Cpanel Webmail, SMTP, RDP & Fresh Email Lists / How To Create Responsive Website From Scratch / Free Inventory Management Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.