Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Best Natural Oils For Skin - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Best Natural Oils For Skin (2894 Views)

Best Natural Toning Creams Without Hydroquinone / The 5 Best Natural Oils For Hair Growth / List Of 5 Oils For Hair Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Natural Oils For Skin by mypodozi: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
Everybody wants a glowing skin. Everyone wants to look appealing to the eyes, and this is backed up by the numerous products you find in pharmacy stores and beauty stores. My grandma is an expert at mixing cream, Lord knows what she mixes together just so she could look younger and her skin smooth and silky-I never liked her experiments, they always made me itch, they had a foul smell, and I always looked like I had been soaked in a drum of oil anytime I used them. I cannot recollect when the natural oil trends began-but I know that it has taken over, everyone seems to be going natural. But what does Natural Skin Care mean, it simply using topical creams and lotions made of ingredients available in nature. These oils are said to be void of chemicals hence great for the skin.

JOJOBA OIL

Jojoba (pronounced ho-HO-ba) oil is a botanical extract of the seed of the jojoba tree. Technically it is not actually an oil, but rather what is called a wax ester. Out of all of the compounds in nature, this wax ester is the most similar to human skin oil (sebum). It is theorized that applying jojoba to the skin can “trick” the skin into thinking it is producing enough oil, thus balancing oil production. The bottom line for acne-prone people is that jojoba oil is non-comedogenic so you can use it without fear.

MARULA

This oil is rich and hydrating. It’s full of fatty acids, which dermatologists say soothe dry skin. It absorbs quickly and won’t leave you shiny or greasy. It is made from the fruit of the marula tree, which is native to South Africa.

ARGAN

This oil is sometimes called “liquid gold,” The argan oil is rich in antioxidants called polyphenols, which can fight the effects of aging. Dermatologists also say its omega-3 fatty acids boost collagen growth and plump up your skin. It works for all skin type.

It also conditions hair, but doesn’t weight it down or make it feel greasy. You can still use your other hair care products, too.

ROSEMARY AND CASTOR

Rosemary oil may help you get a thicker, shinier mane. Castor oil is another home remedy said to thicken brows and lashes.

MORINGA OIL

Moringa oil contains an extraordinarily high content of antioxidants, which protect the skin from sun damage and aging. Both the fatty acid profile and antioxidant content can diminish the appearance of wrinkles, it lightens skin tone, and deeply moisturize the skin.

COCONUT

Dry, cracked skin is more likely to get infected, irritated, and have allergic reactions. Coconut oil protects and moisturizes it, and soothes the scaly, rough patches that go along with common conditions like eczema, too. Bet you didn’t know this.

Read more here http://signature.podozi.com/best-natural-oils-for-a-glowing-skin/
Re: Best Natural Oils For Skin by arabianights: 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
mypodozi:
Everybody wants a glowing skin. Everyone wants to look appealing to the eyes, and this is backed up by the numerous products you find in pharmacy stores and beauty stores. My grandma is an expert at mixing cream, Lord knows what she mixes together just so she could look younger and her skin smooth and silky-I never liked her experiments, they always made me itch, they had a foul smell, and I always looked like I had been soaked in a drum of oil anytime I used them. I cannot recollect when the natural oil trends began-but I know that it has taken over, everyone seems to be going natural. But what does Natural Skin Care mean, it simply using topical creams and lotions made of ingredients available in nature. These oils are said to be void of chemicals hence great for the skin.

JOJOBA OIL

Jojoba (pronounced ho-HO-ba) oil is a botanical extract of the seed of the jojoba tree. Technically it is not actually an oil, but rather what is called a wax ester. Out of all of the compounds in nature, this wax ester is the most similar to human skin oil (sebum). It is theorized that applying jojoba to the skin can “trick” the skin into thinking it is producing enough oil, thus balancing oil production. The bottom line for acne-prone people is that jojoba oil is non-comedogenic so you can use it without fear.

MARULA

This oil is rich and hydrating. It’s full of fatty acids, which dermatologists say soothe dry skin. It absorbs quickly and won’t leave you shiny or greasy. It is made from the fruit of the marula tree, which is native to South Africa.

ARGAN

This oil is sometimes called “liquid gold,” The argan oil is rich in antioxidants called polyphenols, which can fight the effects of aging. Dermatologists also say its omega-3 fatty acids boost collagen growth and plump up your skin. It works for all skin type.

It also conditions hair, but doesn’t weight it down or make it feel greasy. You can still use your other hair care products, too.

ROSEMARY AND CASTOR

Rosemary oil may help you get a thicker, shinier mane. Castor oil is another home remedy said to thicken brows and lashes.

MORINGA OIL

Moringa oil contains an extraordinarily high content of antioxidants, which protect the skin from sun damage and aging. Both the fatty acid profile and antioxidant content can diminish the appearance of wrinkles, it lightens skin tone, and deeply moisturize the skin.

COCONUT

Dry, cracked skin is more likely to get infected, irritated, and have allergic reactions. Coconut oil protects and moisturizes it, and soothes the scaly, rough patches that go along with common conditions like eczema, too. Bet you didn’t know this.

Read more here http://signature.podozi.com/best-natural-oils-for-a-glowing-skin/

Why aren't olive & sesame seed oil on this list?

(1) (Reply)

What Wearing Too Much Makeup Can Do To Your Skin / Good Fashion Designer / Ladies Come And See Beautiful Irresistible Lace Styles 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.