Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Chelsea Sack Morinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Sack Morinho (524 Views)

Chelsea Sack Antonio Conte / Chelsea Eden Hazard Reveals Truth About Conte And Morinho / Chelsea Sacks Jose Morinho, Get A New Coach. See Who! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Sack Morinho by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
The 52-year-old, who guided the team to the Premier League title last term, has left Stamford Bridge by mutual consent after the club deemed results "not good enough this season"Jose Mourinho has been sacked by Chelsea after a meeting with the club's hierarchy on Thursday. The 52-year-old, who guided Chelsea to the Premier League title last season, ends his second stint at Stamford Bridge with the team languishing in 16th place, having registered just 15 points from 16 games. Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have today parted company by mutual consent. https:///YYJaxxdE36 — Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) December 17, 2015 Mourinho had been rewarded for last season's success with a new four-year contract worth £30 million, which was signed in August. A statement from Chelsea read: "All at Chelsea thank Jose for his immense contribution since he returned as manager in the summer of 2013. "His three league titles, FA Cup, Community Shield and three League Cup wins over two spells make him the most successful manager in our 110-year history. But both Jose and the board agreed results have not been good enough this season and believe it is in the best interests of both parties to go our separate ways. "The club wishes to make clear Jose leaves us on good terms and will always remain a much- loved, respected and significant figure at Chelsea. His legacy at Stamford Bridge and in England has long been guaranteed and he will always be warmly welcomed back to Stamford Bridge. "The club’s focus is now on ensuring our talented squad reaches its potential Since winning the title, Mourinho has suffered a turbulent campaign amid widespread reports of unrest in the Chelsea dressing room. Following the side's 2-1 defeat to Leicester City on Monday evening, the Portuguese turned on his players by accusing them on 'betraying' him and claimed that he was the main reason behind their title win last term . Mourinho also gave a sarcastic assessment of Eden Hazard's injury and felt that the Belgian "had three different perspectives" in just "a few seconds" . The Portuguese was also forced to play down a rift with Diego Costa after the striker threw a bib towards the former Chelsea boss during the club's goalless draw with Tottenham at the end of November . Mourinho was also criticised for his handling of Eva Carneiro's role at Chelsea. The 42-year- old physio, who left Stamford Bridge in September and is still involved in a legal case with the club, was branded "naive" by Mourinho for running onto the pitch to treat Eden Hazard in the final stages of the 2-2 draw with Swansea City on the opening day of the season, and subsequently saw her role downgraded. Despite the club's problems on and off the field this term, Mourinho had remained adamant that he would not quit the club. "I want to make it clear. One, I don't run away," he said after Chelsea's 3-1 defeat at home to Southampton on October 3. "Two, if the club want to sack me they have to sack me because I am not running away from my responsibilities or my team."
Re: Chelsea Sack Morinho by joeyarticles: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mourinho now begging Man unitd for a job, I doubt the news sha
http://www.prestnaija.com/mourinho-desperately-needs-man-utd-job-writes-letter-club/

(1) (Reply)

Diego Costa To Trade Places With Jackson Martinez At Atletico Madrid / Barcelona Makes History / Oliseh Proud Of Super Eagles Despite Early CHAN 2016 Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.