Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,645 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

A Programmer's Delight - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Programmer's Delight (1479 Views)

Teach Me How To Become A Programmer / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / Who Is A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Programmer's Delight by lordbenax(m): 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2009
Every Programmer's delight is to see that a software he/she created is working perfectly and in the reach of its target audience. At HotBase, we just simplified this fact.

Welcome to HotBase - Nigeria's Premier Online Software MarketPlace (www.hotbaseng.com). HotBase was launched a few days ago to help the average Nigerian Software Developer or average Nigerian Software Developing Company/Team get his/her/their software to their target market at no extra cost. You just need to post it at HotBase and include a link in the posting to your server where the software setup resides.

That is you first upload the software setup on a server then go down to your HotBase Profile and post the software details. HotBase has an excellent targeted market/audience, so you can be rest assured of genuine traffic down to see your Software Posting. HotBase takes care of the marketing and advertising needed to bring customers down to HotBase.

Whats more interesting, HotBase is open-source! So if you find any glitch or error on it, you just ping us and we might rig you up to fix it.

Hurry Up and get started. Visit www.hotbaseng.com
Re: A Programmer's Delight by dueal(m): 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2009
A marvelous idea!
Re: A Programmer's Delight by lordbenax(m): 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2009
Its our little two cents towards helping the Nigerian programming industry grow. We just hope you guys would partake in this idea!
Re: A Programmer's Delight by MisterMan(m): 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2009
This guy is one of the few programmers/developers that say sensible things always. In fact, he is one of the few I take serious. This post attests to that. Please keep up the good job. While posting a reply, I just decided to take a trip to the site b4 I say senceless things. I have not been able to go thru it carefully because I am short of time (will go back later) There are some questions I want to ask:

1. How much does it cost?
2. How do I get this your pay express account?

There has been an idea that has been on my mind which I was hoping to bring on board. This has to do with helping users making purchase decisions. In saner countries, you have things like Best Buy Award, Editors' Choice etc. This has the effect of making users buy intelligently because of recommendations. This can be started in Nigeria. here on Nairaland, we can have something like MVP or Most Valauable Program/package or something like Best of Breed. On your website, I see that you have your products as Top Selling. This is the kind of thing I am talking about. However, if you want to be taken serious, you shouldn't have listed your products as Top Selling. We want to help make your site a definitive site for unbiased place for information on buying software. If it succeeds, we developers can channel our efforts into developing our greatest and best, knowing that people take you serious when they need packages.

If you succeed (I pray that you do, you are one hell of a fine dude, and have something upstair, it rubs on us as well. So I won't have to bang my head about marketing my wares when I know there is a place where users go for such a thing. Everybody wins. I win because I spend little on advertising and I am able to develop faster and better. The user is a winner because they buy best of breed and you win because more traffic and more money flows into your pocket.

If you want to list your packages (naturally you will want to), let us try and find a way which makes it transparent and honest.

I will still go back there and there and see more stuffs.

You are my man. Keep up the good job.
Re: A Programmer's Delight by lordbenax(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2009
Hi guys comon! Post those wonderful softwares you have designed on www.hotbaseng.com. You can also post links to any web applications you have designed on www.hotbaseng.com too!

See you there! Remember its www.hotbaseng.com
Re: A Programmer's Delight by MisterMan(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2009
I am definitely interested in your service. However, I need more information. This is what I copied from the website (emphasis mine):
Either as an individual developer, a team developer or a software company, use your PayXpress account to log into this section and access your developer page where you can check on sales of your already listed softwares or simply list new ones.

Put yourself in the position of a developer who is NOT in any way assopciated with the service. Does it give you much information to want to use that service? As soon as you click on the hyperlink, it goes to the sign-up page. Tell me how does it work. What is going to be your own cut, I mean the rate. Spill out the whole bean. However, dont expect too much from the Nigerian programmers here. Most don't have working demos. If you put out enough info, pple like kpac with his banking application and a few other guys may be interested.

I hope and I pray that you will succeed in this venture. Cheers
Re: A Programmer's Delight by lojik(m): 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2009
I have some commercial software that i'd like to put on your site immediately but the site kinda has some hidden intentions that makes u not expressly state all what it takes to bcom a member. Your payment system does not make it possible to pay online and its not that popular. Y not try accepting debit cards?
Re: A Programmer's Delight by profits1: 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2009
Good thinking, good Product, lets peruse the site and come back
Re: A Programmer's Delight by MisterMan(m): 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2009
lojik:

, but the site kinda has some hidden intentions ,

I don't think he has any hidden agenda. He just assumed everybody already know of his scheme. The guy is not even talking now. Lordbenax, common, talk. Spill out the beans (or is it rice?) grin
Re: A Programmer's Delight by lordbenax(m): 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2009
Guys I am so sorry. I got caught up with so much company-startup work! I noticed that another thread was posted about HotBase, I am sorry about dat too, I asked my Vice President to look for this thread I and reply to it but I guess she couldn't find it(she is not a nairaland member!) and created a new one.

Now to the questions:
@Misterman

MisterMan:

This guy is one of the few programmers/developers that say sensible things always. In fact, he is one of the few I take serious. This post attests to that. Please keep up the good job. While posting a reply, I just decided to take a trip to the site b4 I say senceless things. I have not been able to go thru it carefully because I am short of time (will go back later) There are some questions I want to ask:

1. How much does it cost?
2. How do I get this your pay express account?

There has been an idea that has been on my mind which I was hoping to bring on board. This has to do with helping users making purchase decisions. In saner countries, you have things like Best Buy Award, Editors' Choice etc. This has the effect of making users buy intelligently because of recommendations. This can be started in Nigeria. here on Nairaland, we can have something like MVP or Most Valauable Program/package or something like Best of Breed. On your website, I see that you have your products as Top Selling. This is the kind of thing I am talking about. However, if you want to be taken serious, you shouldn't have listed your products as Top Selling. We want to help make your site a definitive site for unbiased place for information on buying software. If it succeeds, we developers can channel our efforts into developing our greatest and best, knowing that people take you serious when they need packages.

If you succeed (I pray that you do, you are one hell of a fine dude, and have something upstair, it rubs on us as well. So I won't have to bang my head about marketing my wares when I know there is a place where users go for such a thing. Everybody wins. I win because I spend little on advertising and I am able to develop faster and better. The user is a winner because they buy best of breed and you win because more traffic and more money flows into your pocket.

If you want to list your packages (naturally you will want to), let us try and find a way which makes it transparent and honest.

I will still go back there and there and see more stuffs.

You are my man. Keep up the good job.

Thanks for all the credit you gave to me! The cost is so affodable, you only give 25% of every purchase to HotBase! I know on the website it says 30% but its mistake we would fix, the internal coding though is 25% and is what we officially collect!

Also you get a PayXpress Account through www.payxpressng.com. It is the Payment Solution through which buying and selling takes place on HotBase. You register for a PayXpress Account for Free and even get 50 Naira on the spot.

MisterMan:

I am definitely interested in your service. However, I need more information. This is what I copied from the website (emphasis mine):
Either as an individual developer, a team developer or a software company, use your PayXpress account to log into this section and access your developer page where you can check on sales of your already listed softwares or simply list new ones.

Put yourself in the position of a developer who is NOT in any way assopciated with the service. Does it give you much information to want to use that service? As soon as you click on the hyperlink, it goes to the sign-up page. Tell me how does it work. What is going to be your own cut, I mean the rate. Spill out the whole bean. However, dont expect too much from the Nigerian programmers here. Most don't have working demos. If you put out enough info, pple like kpac with his banking application and a few other guys may be interested.

I hope and I pray that you will succeed in this venture. Cheers

New developers not associated with HotBase would have to first get a PayXpress Account and use it to get a HotBase Profile on HotBase, though your PayXpress Account remains the login needed to access HotBase.

I would be ready to present more information!
Thanks, Please don't forget to use the service or contact me for any more problems: You can call any of this Hotlines too: 08027979364 or 08029126776.
Re: A Programmer's Delight by lordbenax(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2009
@MisterMan, the Top Selling tab automatically picks the software it displays by the number of copies they have sold! So if a product ranks well it is automatically listed!
Re: A Programmer's Delight by lordbenax(m): 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2009
HotBase now has support for Web Applications/Web Sites. You can post details of about a Web Application/WebSite you just designed or built for free and enjoy unlimited traffic to your site.

So Hurry, Its still www.hotbaseng.com.
Re: A Programmer's Delight by kencas: 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2009
Guy thats a very good idea.Do EFCC know about this siteor the CBN
Re: A Programmer's Delight by lordbenax(m): 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2009
Thanks. d efcc nd cbn dont yet knw about d website, but we would b grateful if u knw how 2 catch their attension

(1) (Reply)

World Sim -372 Area Code / Blender Game Engine Or Kivy Game Engine / Are You Around Lekki,ikoyi, Victoria Island, Eti-Osa and Environment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.