Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Who Is A Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Who Is A Programmer (7923 Views)

Can A Non-IT Student Become A Programmer Or Webmaster? / Teach Me How To Become A Programmer / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Programmer by AH2MUCH: 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2007
who is a programmer, and a web developer (or wharever) and what do they do.

what does it take to be one

obtaninig a ccna does it make one a programmer or can it aid 1 to being a programmer
Re: Who Is A Programmer by AH2MUCH: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2007
nobody wan answer me?
na wa ooooooooo. izit a crime to be ignorant? ok ooooo
Re: Who Is A Programmer by bakenda(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2007
A Programmer is someone who writes programs for computers to execute.A program is a set of instructions fed to the computer to carry out for the purpose of achieving some desired end.
A Web Developer writes programs specifically for the Web,i.e someone who develops Web applications.
I think CCNA is a certification in Networking-not much related to programming.Networking is mainly hardware while programming is about software.There are some Microsoft programming certifications you can find out about.

Hope that helps a little. wink
Re: Who Is A Programmer by mysterioux: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2007
programmer have been classified into several classes. But one thing is common. They use a programming language to code (write lines of instruction) for the computer to execute. Furthermore, i general like to differentiate programmers with web developers as these: programmers are coders, web developers are developers.

In short, a programmer can be a web developer and vice versa
Re: Who Is A Programmer by AhmedGuru(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2008
This question will be incomplete without defining what a Computer Program is.

A Computer Program is a set instruction given to the computer in order to carry out an operation. All operations carried out by computers like printing documents, projection, business evaluation, hotel mangement etc are carried out by one program or the other. So, a programmer is an individual that can produce these programs used by computers.

Hope that simple xplanation helps.
Re: Who Is A Programmer by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2008
@Poster, you do not need to have certificates to be a programmer. Formal education could help but more and more people actually educate themselves by reading books on programming and learning on their own these days.
Re: Who Is A Programmer by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2008
Pick up any book on programming out there to teach you. Go on search sites and search for books to teach you one language or another or better still start with the Dummies guide's. Those books happen to be really good.
Re: Who Is A Programmer by Awaya1: 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2008
A programmer is a person who writes a set of instructions ( usually called code) to achieve a particular result. In these modern days, a programmer is usually seen as someone who writes windows (based) apllications.

Web development general involves the efforts of a web developer and a web designer. Though both a web developer and a web designer work on websites, while a web designer works on the static aspect (Graphics/appearance)  of the website, a web developer works on the dynamic aspect (usually in respect  of logic  or/and data/database validations) of the website.
FYI: an individual can be a web developer and at the same time a web designer)

A simple difference between a web developer and a programmer is that while a programmer does not necessary work on internet based applications, a web developer works on internet/web based applications.
FYI: an individual can be a web developer and at the same time a web programmer
Re: Who Is A Programmer by nizelgirl(f): 8:46am On Jan 09, 2008
A programmer or software developer is someone who writes computer software.
Re: Who Is A Programmer by peejay(m): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2008
wot is all this jargon?? i suggest u find out the definition of the 2 in google, then come and ask real questions,

, and u people answering this question i bet u feel smart huh?!? u've answered the question and u feel like somthin, this is so weak, LAST WEAK!! all d answers are so jumbled up i cant even make sense out of it. i'm so sad, sad
Re: Who Is A Programmer by cdeveloper(m): 11:02am On Feb 22, 2008
Hello all i have been a way for a while now , but i think a programmer is an artist who, uses his imagination, i writer who writes greate code, a philosopher who believe in the possibility of what the ordinary minds thinks is impossible and most of all a warm person who views life in its very basic nature and appreciates the way things fit together.
Re: Who Is A Programmer by Ghenghis(m): 10:42am On Feb 26, 2008
@cdeveloper
you don't go out much, do you ? grin
Re: Who Is A Programmer by my2cents(m): 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2008
u guys might probably benefit from the "juicy" conversation going on here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-115269.0.html cool
Re: Who Is A Programmer by tju38: 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2008
cdeveloper:

Hello all i have been a way for a while now , but i think a programmer is an artist who, uses his imagination, i writer who writes greate code, a philosopher who believe in the possibility of what the ordinary minds thinks is impossible and most of all a warm person who views life in its very basic nature and appreciates the way things fit together.

lol cheesy

But seriously though, you seem like a programmer who is gifted to someday become a software architect - judging by the way you think (THINKING in a unified and abstract way is the core talent of a software architect).

Solution Architect is my day job, I know when I see a potential neophyte wink
Re: Who Is A Programmer by cdeveloper(m): 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2008
Some of us are those that have a passion for what the do, others do what the do for money or to show off their coding talent. I do what i do cos i love programming, it is an art of its own kind. Someone once said that the best people in the world are not motivated by money, it is only for settling scores, that the best guys in the world are those who are motivated by passion.
I love coding because i have come to realize that in solving human problems programmatically i find pleasure

(1) (Reply)

Some Amazing Apps In The MTN Nextapp Store / I Don't Need Math / How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.