Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. (5701 Views)

No One Can Take Nigeria Back To The Jonathan Days After Buhari’s 8 Years- SGF / The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon / Why The Iranian Ultimatum For El Zackzacky's Release Must Be Taken Seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by intrepidJ: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
Take away Israel and Iran has the most powerful armed forces in the Middle East. Iran spends $11 billion a year on its military, just $4 billion more than the Nigerian armed forces (this puts into perspective the scale of the corruption and lootery that has bedeviled Nigeria’s military for a decade) yet the difference between both armed forces is like night and day.

read more

https://ourtimeiscome./2015/12/17/accessing-irans-military-capability/

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Cholls(m): 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
My brother so you think?! Keep dreaming.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Demmocrats(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
We are not Afraid!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by abduljabbar4(m): 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cholls:
My brother so you think?! Keep dreaming.

What are you saying? That Nigerian military is better than that of Iran
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Cholls(m): 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
abduljabbar4:

What are you saying? That Nigerian military is better than that of Iran
my brother go and seat down jor. How can you be so confident that iran can out run nigeria if we should go to war?. Do you think war is won by how much you use to buy uniform every year for their soldiers? Am asking?. Now listen intently, war is won by DETERMINATION.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by passionate88: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Omololu007(m): 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
How can you be comparing the iranian military to nigeria military
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by abduljabbar4(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cholls:
my brother go and seat down jor. How can you be so confident that iran can out run nigeria if we should go to war?. Do you think war is won by how much you use to buy uniform every year for their soldiers? Am ask?. Now listen intently, war is won by DETERMINATION.

You must be insane for saying this nonsense. How many APCs, Tanks, fighter jets, bombs, RPGs, anti-airs, anti-tanks does Nigeria have? The kind of war we are talking about is not the type you do with ur neigbouring villages. Its not about how wide your chest is or how big your muscles are

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Iran vs Nigeria not Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by EternalTruths: 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cholls:
my brother go and seat down jor. How can you be so confident that iran can out run nigeria if we should go to war?. Do you think war is won by how much you use to buy uniform every year for their soldiers? Am asking?. Now listen intently, war is won by DETERMINATION.

Determination without weapons strategy tactics combat skills etc will win you no victory

Iran can produced a lot of her modern arms. Something Nigeria has frustrated due to the fear that the technological Igbos will be the greatest beneficiaries who will use it to split up Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Cholls(m): 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You must be insane for saying this nonsense. How many APCs, Tanks, fighter jets, bombs, RPGs, anti-airs, anti-tanks does Nigeria have? The kind of war we are talking about is not the type you do with ur neigbouring villages. Its not about how wide your chest is or how big your muscles are
my brother it seems you've been watching alot of movies. What makes you think war are won with what you mention there? Yeah! To some extent they do which i admit. But they're just part of the list of things needed for war. Mind you, those equipment/weapon are useless if you don't have human(soldiers) to man it mehn!. Let me tell you they my have access to sophisticated weapons. But i tell you we have millions of men who can be conscripted to fight this war and them.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by EternalTruths: 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cholls:
my brother it seems you've been watching alot of movies. What makes you think war are won with what you mention there? Yeah! To some extent they do which i admit. But they're just part of the list of things need for war. Mind you, those equipment/weapon are useless if you don't have human(soldiers) to man it mehn!. Let me tell you they my have access to suffisticated weapons. But i tell you we have millions of men who can be conscripted to fight this war and them.

Ask Igbos what it means to fight with only determination

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by abduljabbar4(m): 10:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cholls:
my brother it seems you've watching alot of movies. What makes you think war are won with what you mention there? Yeah! To some extent they do which i admit. But they're just part of the list of things need for war. Mind you, those equipment/weapon are useless if you don't have human(soldiers) to man it mehn!. Let me tell you they my have access to suffisticated weapons. But i tell you we have millions of men who can be conscripted to fight this war and them.

Let me give you this perfect example.

Do you know that the Nigerian military was heavily outnumbered by the shiites? But who had the upper hand? Of course the soldiers because they were using AK47 rifles while the shiites were using locally made catapaults. Those millions of soldiers we have can be killed with just 1 nuclear weapon. Just 1.

They dont need to man all their weapons to beat us. I still love my country though but please lets tell ourselves the truth. Look at how these boko haram rats are killing them and you think they can face Iran

5 Likes

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Cholls(m): 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Let me give you this perfect example.

Do you know that the Nigerian military was heavily outnumbered by the shiites? But who had the upper hand? Of course the soldiers because they were using AK47 rifles while the shiites were using locally made catapaults. Those millions of soldiers we have can be killed with just 1 nuclear weapon. Just 1.

They dont need to man all their weapons to beat us. I still love my country though but please lets tell ourselves the truth. Look at how these boko haram rats are killing them and you think they can face Iran
my brother am by no means convinced that war can be won by nuclear weapon. If that's the lies you've been told good luck with it. You're even criticizing the soldier men that died during the cause of duty. Are they superhuman for christ sake? I believe now that you're a spectator you've seen what our soldiers didn't do right when you volunteer for the war you can save us more lives.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by abduljabbar4(m): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cholls:
my brother am by no means convinced that war can be won by nuclear weapon. If that's the lies you've been told good luck with it. You're even criticizing the soldier men that died during the cause of duty. Are they superhuman for christ sake? I believe now that you're a spectator you've seen what our soldiers didn't do right when you volunteer for the war you can save us more lives.

Im not mocking the soldiers. Im just trying to tell you a fact. And please go and read about world war part II. I have never seen a weapon that ended a war so quickly like the nuclear weapon. Just after recieving to drops of little boy nuclear weapon Japan surrendered and the nuclear weapon that was used is not in anyway comparable with the present day nuclear weapons that are possessed by Iran

2 Likes

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by LordAdam: 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
The odds of Nigeria and Iran going to war is equivalent to the odds of a person being struck by lightning.

In any case, hypothetically, the war will be fought in Nigeria. The war will drag on for months, but Nigeria will come out of the war a severely ravaged country, with Iran the likely victor.

If allies get in on the action, then the economic, military, and humanitarian cost of the war will be epic. Suffice it to say, the entire West Africa region will directly feel the effect of the war. The refugee crisis will make the current Syrian situation seem like rehearsal.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 18, 2015
Iran on Nigerian soil them raz neh, shey an Arabic country we dey?? Israel too will jump ship.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by BRAV0O(m): 12:43am On Dec 18, 2015
Wao so interesting! Some nigerians can actually be bold enough to debate war btwn nigeria and iran ? Sincerely dis online warriors things is a curse from some side because nigeria to iran ? Is it same iran that intervene in syria war when american plan to bomb Asad chemical weapon warehouse , that halt US decision ? Well some folks don't use brain to reason sha , ask ur buhari nd co. Dem never born any of u well! grin
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by BRAV0O(m): 12:49am On Dec 18, 2015
Cholls:
and people like u will not even show face during ur street fight talk less of joining the NA nau! U better wake up, nigeria is not ready for war, nigeria is not a war fighting country, nigeria as of now didn't even believe in wars so then not any spec in nigeria is well equip if people like should encourage any NA to go to war with iran ? Brother I'll ask u to lead the war mehn! grin
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by hedonistic: 2:28am On Dec 18, 2015
Iran would wipe Nigeria off the map. No question.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by hakanai(m): 7:04am On Dec 18, 2015
Same stupid perception people ascribe to every conflict. You can use the instances of wars where the stronger still never gets to win. Example is the typical US Taliban war. You also have the Syria war. We have a lot in histories tied to war that people like Alexander the great defeated the Persians. You have hear in Africa where Ethiopia defeated the colonial masters. Read Tsun Tzu and see how he made his on name defeating a bigger army.

So war is not by advance weaponary alone it is a combination of so many things. Even the fact you are adapt to Nigeria environment is a plus in war. Again you can look at alliances. At the moment Iran will not even dear it. Internationally most of our allies today are anti Iran. UK,USA,Israel etc will not allow it. Even Russia will be against it because they would prefer they are not force to side anyone.

Point of correction in the middle east defence hardware, after Israel is Saudi. As of 2 years back USA also approved additional defence procurement for a lot of gulf states to reduce Iran's influence. So nations like Qatar,UAE,Bahrain,Jordan etc have being upgrading to advance weaponaries.

Only draw back is if Iran gets a nuclear bomb. Only treat to Nigeria at the moment would be if they try to fund or encourage insurgency or terror to the nation.

At the moment they Iran stand to gain more being nice to us than the reverse. They need the friendship more to prove there global relevance.Again nothing will happen. Before now or ties were not good following the arms shipment in apapa and many other incidence linked to them.

At the moment Iranian military lacks the capability or alliances to project a significant war or conflict into Africa. Without dare consequences. I mean Nigeria will enjoy the support so many ECOWAS and AU nations mostly neighbors with us here as a start.

My take Iran just need to calm down and mind there business.

1 Like

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 18, 2015
In the real life war eventuality, Nigeria will destroy Iran within 2 months.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by kettykings: 7:13am On Dec 18, 2015
hakanai:
Same stupid perception people ascribe to every conflict. You can use the instances of wars where the stronger still never gets to win. Example is the typical US Taliban war. You also have the Syria war. We have a lot in histories tied to war that people like Alexander the great defeated the Persians. You have hear in Africa where Ethiopia defeated the colonial masters. Read Tsun Tzu and see how he made his on name defeating a bigger army.

So war is not by advance weaponary alone it is a combination of so many things. Even the fact you are adapt to Nigeria environment is a plus in war. Again you can look at alliances. At the moment Iran will not even dear it. Internationally most of our allies today are anti Iran. UK,USA,Israel etc will not allow it. Even Russia will be against it because they would prefer they are not force to side anyone.

Point of correction in the middle east defence hardware, after Israel is Saudi. As of 2 years back USA also approved additional defence procurement for a lot of gulf states to reduce Iran's influence. So nations like Qatar,UAE,Bahrain,Jordan etc have being upgrading to advance weaponaries.

Only draw back is if Iran gets a nuclear bomb. Only treat to Nigeria at the moment would be if they try to fund or encourage insurgency or terror to the nation.

At the moment they Iran stand to gain more being nice to us than the reverse. They need the friendship more to prove there global relevance.Again nothing will happen. Before now or ties were not good following the arms shipment in apapa and many other incidence linked to them.

At the moment Iranian military lacks the capability or alliances to project a significant war or conflict into Africa. Without dare consequences. I mean Nigeria will enjoy the support so many ECOWAS and AU nations mostly neighbors with us here as a start.

What surprises me the most is how Nigerians are quick to refer to some unknown defense policy with Russia, Britain, USA even Israel when a conflict of international proportion want to prop up. The same Nigeria that is encouraging the Palestinian state but fighting against the emergence of biafra, what manner of jokers.

The Nigerian military is very good only at shooting unarmed protesters and killing innocent women and children through starvation now an opportunity to to engage a country of lesser population, the hypocrites decide to sing a different song.

Any way may the soul of unarmed Shia and Ipob protesters shot by the same army that is supposed to protect them rest in peace.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by cokoduck: 7:15am On Dec 18, 2015
Omotolu:
In the real life war eventuality, Nigeria will destroy Iran within 2 months.
Yes in that ps1 game called. Medal of honor
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by cokoduck: 7:18am On Dec 18, 2015
Fools that don't know that the so called army has never won a single war on its own in its history
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by insecticide: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2015
so if the war broke out between the two countries, what do you stand to gain?

Folks will just stay at one corner of their room and be typing what comes to their mind without thinking. because a country is somehow threatening us so we should dance to their tunes....smhfy.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by finaly01: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2015
Cholls:
My brother check world military ranking and compare and judge for your self
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by mazeltov(m): 8:35am On Dec 18, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Cool down and reason with him, I think the guy made a very vital point there. War is more than weapons and bombs, war is more of determination. To put that in a context, Almighty America suffered in the hands of the Vietnam in the Viet war- In fact the war was fought between Norther Viet and America yet America was kicked out. Almighty Russia suffered in the hand of Afghanistan, The same Russia was defeated by Chechens in the first Chechenya war. these countries won their wars through determination. They refused to be intimidated by any weapon. Moreso, Nigeria won't be the one invading Iran, Iran will be the one marching soldiers to our shore. And talk of support? No!! Present days wars are fought with allies and Our allies nations can't watch and allow Iran to out run Nigeria. So it's even hypothectically wrong to think that Iran and Nigeria will go into war alone without support from allied Nations and I think that is where guerilla warfare comes in.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by homerac7: 8:44am On Dec 18, 2015
hakanai:

This is the most sensible post by far.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by abduljabbar4(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2015
mazeltov:

Cool down and reason with him, I think the guy made a very vital point there. War is more than weapons and bombs, war is more of determination. To put that in a context, Almighty America suffered in the hands of the Vietnam in the Viet war- In fact the war was fought between Norther Viet and America yet America was kicked out. Almighty Russia suffered in the hand of Afghanistan, The same Russia was defeated by Chechens in the first Chechenya war. these countries won their wars through determination. They refused to be intimidated by any weapon. Moreso, Nigeria won't be the one invading Iran, Iran will be the one marching soldiers to our shore. And talk of support? No!! Present days wars are fought with allies and Our allies nations can't watch and allow Iran to out run Nigeria. So it's even hypothectically wrong to think that Iran and Nigeria will go into war alone without support from allied Nations and I think that is where guerilla warfare comes in.

Go through my argument with the other guy and you will get my point. I dont have time
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by hakanai(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2015
kettykings:

What surprises me the most is how Nigerians are quick to refer to some unknown defense policy with Russia, Britain, USA even Israel when a conflict of international proportion want to prop up. The same Nigeria that is encouraging the Palestinian state but fighting against the emergence of biafra, what manner of jokers.

The Nigerian military is very good only at shooting unarmed protesters and killing innocent women and children through starvation now an opportunity to to engage a country of lesser population, the hypocrites decide to sing a different song.

Any way may the soul of unarmed Shia and Ipob protesters shot by the same army that is supposed to protect them rest in peace.

Okay let's put it this way, we have no alliance between us and this foreign nation. Again in such a conflict do you think the world powers will prefer Iran over us? Considering the history between then and strategic interest! Syria is a case study. If the western powers would rather the opposition than a moderate government of Assad.simply because he has ties to Iran. Which remains on the US and many western powers black book.

Today if it could happen we would have a good amount of good will against Iran globally. To prosecute such a war Iran would need to move resources around. Either by air, sea or land. Between Iran and Nigeria guy they would have to pass through so many friendly nations of our particularly in Africa to reach here. Not forgetting that countries like Israel and the west,gulf states will be watching such movement and gladly will try to stop it as they do not want weapons from Iran going to Israel,Yemen,Syria,Bahrain etc.

Again at the moment only treat I see is small arms smuggling, finance and training of locals to do there bidding if they choose to act. Now how do they do that they would need to make contact. So Nigeria should be watching nationals flying in and out of Iran or any Iranian proxy nation. As they are known to take fighters out of there countries training them in Iran and smuggle or get them back to train others.

At the moment we are not in the middle east. Iran can not tunnel from Persia to west Africa. They will not be allowed to move the needed heavy military hardware they may have yo attack us. We are out of there missile range and aircraft range. No single sorties will get them here without stopping somewhere to refuel or sorts.

So all we need do is remain vigilant and keep neighbouring nations close buddies. Also I can bet the US,Africa and Euro will not allow it to happen.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of People Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Nimbo, Uzo-uwani LGA Of Enugu / My Experience Today Showed That Nigeria Is Dead! / Live Results : Osun Governorship Election 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.