Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

2015 In Retrospect - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2015 In Retrospect (615 Views)

An American Boy Who Sought To Assassinate The Pope In 2015 In Support Of The Isl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 In Retrospect by Toluwani95: 12:17am On Dec 18, 2015
I find it noteworthy to share some of my personal experiences in the outgoing year, not for any vain or self-glorying rather, that it may turn out to bless and impact lives.
LESSON 1: THERE’S A CHOICE WE’RE MAKING; WE ARE SHAPING OUR OWN LIVES
Monday 7th September 2015 was an especially hard day for me, it was a day I lost so much strength that I couldn’t even try to go anywhere. Almost throughout the day, I laid helpless on my bed, I had to miss a practical class and my subgroup meeting because of this untold weakness in my body; my situation was compounded by the fact that I was left alone in the room as other roomies went about their daily activities. In the evening of that very day, I regained some psychological and emotional strength but was still physically weak and this provided me the opportunity to make some meditations about the state of my life; and as I continued to meditate on some of these things as discovered with the choices I am making, I am shaping my life, and the topic above was the subject of my meditation.
Many at times, I try to envision what I’ll become in the next few years and I tell myself I want to be a responsible husband, father, an hardworking man, a man that loves to read, a man that is fervently serving God, loving Him and doing exploits for Him, a sought-after medical practitioner, in fact endless goes my wish list! But I asked myself one honest question, am I truly on the pathway to making these come into reality or will they forever remain empty wishes? If am ready to become a hardworking man, am I diligent as a student? If I want to be a responsible husband, am I a responsible friend, son or brother? If the answer is a yes, then congratulations to me, but if it’s a no, I have to consider my ways (Hagg 1:7)!
For a vast majority of us, we like myself have a long wish list of what we want to become, some of them are long enough to make an entire notebook when they are compiled. This is a very good thing, at least it means we are not NFAs but this is not enough, it is not enough for us to have a list of what we want to be, rather we should from this time start to work towards what we want to become.
I have met quite a number of youths who wish to have an happy marriage but at present, they are jumping from one partner to another.
Another category say when I grow up, I’ll raise up Godly children who will live Godly, dress modestly and correct the ills of the society but this is currently far from the lifestyles they themselves are living at the moment.
A group of them want to be very industrious in the very near future but they are at present more lazy than the laziest object on earth.
Others they foolishly say, “I’ll become very serious with God when I get older” but leave me to enjoy my youthful days now, let me walk in the ways of my heart and in the eyes of my sight; sorry friend, if you’re in this shoe, you’re still living in a dreamland, awaken out of thy sleep and turn to Christ to save you now.
Whatsoever you’ll become tomorrow is determined by how you live today, if you’re living a way contrary to the destination you want to attain, don’t be expectant of any miracle unless you like me will consider your ways.
I know a vast majority of us want to live a life that is a deviation from the status quo; we desire to be change agents in our respective disciplines, we honestly desire to be used of God in transforming our dying nation but we are yet to be transformed ourselves, we want to make virtuous stand tomorrow but we are far from being virtuous, for some of us, we have at various times made serious decisions and determined to follow it through to the end but unfortunately we soon became tired and can’t pull through: Like the great Apostle of all times, to will indeed is present in us but how to perform that which is good we find not.
Though you have failed several times but I’m happy to announce to you that there is a man who is able to make us pull through with our determination and decision to see a change wrought in us and through us and it takes only believing in him for us to be able to attain this realm, his name is Jesus: it takes believing in Him and in his death and resurrection, confessing and having a readiness to forsake your sins and he will come and dwell with you making you to overcome all of your indiscipline and transforming you totally. Do not hesitate today; Christ is ready and able to save you.
#jesusSavesAndTransforms and remember with the choice you make today, you are shaping your own life.…..
(for comments and corrections contact by text only on 08125765989).

(1) (Reply)

Would Jesus Use Private Jet If He Was Around Today? / Pic:when Some "Christians" Say Their Getting Prepared For Church / Judge Not Truth Behind Matthew 7:1 (a Must Read!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.