Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS (9004 Views)

Indonesia Looks To Exchange Nigeria’s Crude Oil For Palm Oil / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To Crash To 1.72 Million Barrels In October / Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by ShowYourCertificate: 7:56am On Dec 18, 2015
The value of Nigeria’s crude oil export dipped by N372.8 billion in the third quarter of this year over the value recorded in the second quarter.

A report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on Thursday revealed that the drop in crude oil export dragged down the country’s total export by N320.6 billion or 12.1 per cent.

NBS reported that the value of the nation’s merchandise exports totalled N2.33 trillion in the period, translating to a decrease of N320.6 billion or 12.1 percent of, N2.65 trillion recorded in the preceding quarter.

The report blamed the decline on a fall in crude oil exports within the period under review over the preceding quarter.

“Nevertheless the structure of exports is still dominated by crude oil, which contributed N1.61 trillion or 69.1 percent to the value of total domestic exports in 2015,” the report stated.

The report indicated that the value of Nigeria’s imports stood at N1.69 trillion at the end of quarter, being a decrease of 1.0 percent from the N1.71 trillion recorded in the preceding quarter.

Meanwhile, the total value of Nigeria’s merchandise trade at the end of Q3, 2015 was N4.02 trillion, translating to a 7.8 percent decrease from the N4.36 trillion recorded in the preceding quarter.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/nigeria-s-crude-oil-exports-dropped-by-n372-8bn-in-q3-nbs/124938.html#rFETjMmC6YeZ0RVE.99
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by ShowYourCertificate: 7:56am On Dec 18, 2015
This APC government is leading us into disaster. The Dullard President from Daura is really clueless about our economy. I doubt he did economics in his school days. Infact I want to see his WASC Certificate.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by donestk(m): 8:05am On Dec 18, 2015
The future is bleak.

Nigeria's disintegration would be triggered by economic forces. Things would fall apart eventually when the centre cannot hold.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by rozayx5(m): 8:06am On Dec 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
This APC government is leading us into disaster. The Dullard President from Daura is really clueless about our economy. I doubt he did economics in his school days. Infact I want to see his WASC Certificate.

autopilot govt

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by dunkem21(m): 8:06am On Dec 18, 2015
Over to you, Alhaji Lai Lalasticlala ..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by greatiyk4u(m): 8:06am On Dec 18, 2015
No shaking..........yes Buhari can

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Idiataqueen(f): 8:09am On Dec 18, 2015
La wa o
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Mutuwa(m): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2015
grin
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Segadem(m): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2015
....to me thus is good news in disguise,it will make our leader to diversifying our economy, over dependence of one commodity is killing us as a nation.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by matinex(m): 8:14am On Dec 18, 2015
but, why is everything about Nigeria dropping since the inception of this government?

22 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Segadem(m): 8:14am On Dec 18, 2015
Idiataqueen:
La wa o
u meant Lawal?
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by UlqU3(m): 8:14am On Dec 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

You seem unintelligent. How is it APC's fault that the GLOBAL cost of oil has been dropping SINCE LAST YEAR? Read a book today.

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Segadem(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2015
matinex:
but, why is everything about Nigeria dropping since the inception of this government?
Ekpa

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by obailala(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2015
God help us!
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 18, 2015
matinex:
If I remember well, the dollar and crude oil price have been dropping since last year.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Idiataqueen(f): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2015
Segadem:
u meant Lawal?
yes Mumu?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by iteleaye(m): 8:17am On Dec 18, 2015
angry angry angry

Y must we depend on only petrol, when there are many things that can be exported
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by SylarsMcQuins: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2015
No body to blame yet?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2015
Iranu... Abasha...
Iranu.... Abasha....
Iranu..... Abasha.....

E mi Buha, ehn?

Prezi Naija, ehn?

Ki ma la di, ki ma je di, ehn?

Ki ma mu di, ehn?? ehn??

Change is here, people!!!
Embrace it!

By 2019, Our revenue would have fully dropped to zero!

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by luvinhubby(m): 8:18am On Dec 18, 2015
dunkem21:
Over to you, Alhaji Lai Lalasticlala ..
Which one is Alhaji Lai Lalasticlala again? cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by CrazyMan(m): 8:18am On Dec 18, 2015
Crude oil is sold on the international market for less than $40 per barrel. Therefore it would be myopic to rely on that to run the economy considering the fact that we've lost most of our top customers.

What the buhari administration should do is to get our refineries running, and even build more. Yes you heard me right...!!! We need to build more refineries. The money recovered from the last administration should be enough to to do that.

Let's discard this mentality of looking for foreign buyers for our crude when the larger percentage of our population are crying daily for refined products.

Let's refine this crude here in Nigeria, consume it locally and sell some to Neighboring African countries.

I'm sure that the money the government would make from the local consumption of the refined crude oil products would surpass what we were likely to make if we sold it as raw crude. And it should be enough to finance the country's budget if managed properly.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 18, 2015
Where are those apc boot lickers that think oyel won't be responsible or account for 80 percent of the national budget for next year..

Na so oil go kill us because we no wan practice true federalism...

Foolish country...

When nigeria needs this oil the most is when the Niger delta would teach this slow nation a lesson... angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by dunkem21(m): 8:22am On Dec 18, 2015
luvinhubby:

Which one is Alhaji Lai Lalasticlala again? cheesy

.. The current minister of Naira information grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 18, 2015
grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by godoluwa(m): 8:23am On Dec 18, 2015
no comment
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by onatisi(m): 8:24am On Dec 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
To be honest ,it isn't dullardihno fault that oil revenue is falling but it is his management of the economic crisis and the big impending one next year that calls for questioning.the events of today's world is simply too fast for dullardihno to cope with and when you have such a person as the commander in chief then the nation is in real real danger

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by PossibleUN: 8:25am On Dec 18, 2015
Is it the change i voted for?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by Rawani: 8:26am On Dec 18, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

onatisi:

To be honest ,it isn't dullardihno fault that oil revenue is falling but it is his management of the economic crisis and the big impending one next year that calls for questioning.the events of today's world is simply too fast for dullardihno to cope with and when you have such a person as the commander in chief then the nation is in real real danger

appini:
Buhari is gradually stabilising the world economy.

VOICEOFJUSTICE:
For those who have refuse or stop to chant ''sai Baba'' let me help you

SAI BABA!!!

The Ekpas are gradually losing it...now blaming Buhari for the fall in oil price and the expected effect on oil sales.

Instead of them to hide their heads in shame for supporting a man that wasted our oil revenue when prices were above $100 per barrel, they're here fooling themselves by expecting oil sales to not fall along with oil prices that are now less than $40 per barrel.

Shift and get some sense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2015

SAI BABA!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by jemir000: 8:29am On Dec 18, 2015
kai bubu, kai pooharii

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by appini: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2015
Buhari is gradually stabilising the world economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS by appini: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2015
VOICEOFJUSTICE:

SAI BABA!!!

Sai Baba inconclusivo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Harnessing The Power Of Passive Income With Monica.ng's Referral Program / What Business Can I Start With 3 Million Naira / How Secure And Genuine Is It To Buys Things On Alibaba.com?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.