Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,182 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine (1237 Views)

Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS / Mtn Should Stop This Rubbish!!! / The Fine Given To MTN Is Unfair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by PhonePlanet(m): 10:57am On Dec 18, 2015
Good day

I don't think mtn should pay all the fine imposed on them, simply because the fine is too much to be called a fine.

I know this is not what many of you want to hear. I read the comments on the last tread and I saw a lot of people (about 95%) express themselves on how they really want MTN to pay the fine or else leave the country.

Part A
I want you all the recognise that MTN for now is the best network in terms of services rendered. They are not a perfect network and might still fail at various areas, but overall they are quite better than the rest. This explains why the have the most customer base, and even most people blasting mtn and claiming that they most pay the fine are still using MTN even as at now! If you think MTN is not a good network, then what is airtel? So if you say MTN should leave Nigeria, what network should we now use? Airtel?

Again many claims that MTN has stolen a lot from Nigerians, this I really disagree with! Business is business! I offer you service, you pay! Picture this, if a seller sells pure water for 10 box and another sells for 5 box, does it make the first one a thief? NO! If you feel 10 box is expensive, you move on to the next seller. Same is applicable here. MTN offers 2GB for 1K BB plan, GLO offers 3GB for the same 1K. So right now I use GLO from MTN. But that does not mean I would tag MTN as a thief for offering less for more. Likewise MTN offers cheaper Call and sms rates than Etisalat. Its just business.

Some other claim that they cut their credit. Well, If you asked me, I would say you used it. Probably you made a call of 10 minutes and the call was so interesting.. You thought it was 5 minutes, then you start to complain of what? Did you count the minutes of you called and calculate it as per your charge per minute and you were overcharged?? NO! All you did was ASSUME! Yes its all ASSUMPTION!! Apart from that, yes there are times errors are made and your credit is taken, it happened to me once, I called the customer care and it was refunded!!! This is just an error that can happen to any network!! They only become thieves if they can't explain what happened to your credit or they refuse to refund it. I've used MTN for over 5 years! And apart from that once, I've never never noticed reduction in my credit!

And these same so called thieves by you guys are the people giving free credit from updating your sim card registration details!

I went to school and noticed literally EVERYBODY browsing and downloading large files and movies with MTN music+ simple server, so who are the real thieves now??

So please if the above is your reason, why you want MTN to pay the fine or leave nigeria, please, change your thinking, keep out of assumptions, and try not to be sentimental.

Part B
Now for those who feel MTN should pay the fine or leave nigeria for no reason or simply because they are south africans, you are not different from south africans that participated in xenophobia, remember xenophobia is "THE FEAR OF FOREIGNERS" yet I'm very sure you were amongst those condemning the act during its peak. The black pot kettle thing, you know the saying... I not attempting to change your mentality, cos I know I can't, this way of thinking comes as an attitude, that is applied in all areas of it, it mostly known as WICKEDNESS. I wonder how you would feel if your in-laws to be reject you just because you are from a different tribe/ethnic group. (Mind you, I did NOT say how the in-laws would feel, obviously they would think they have the right! Just as you guys think you have the right to drive MTN away)

If you are in the above! Don't quote me or comment, just act like you never saw this tread.

Part C
Now for NCC and the law. Yes I agree MTN broke the law, Yes they should be punished according to the law. But let us be realistic, and I want of all you to put yourselves in MTN shoes. Don't say if you had a company that can't happen cos it can happen to any company or person.

The fine of $5.2 Billion is too much for any company in the world, some BIG companies even have that as their total net worth. This is the fee NCC asked MTN to pay. Truth be told, NCC could had also said, this is your fee, but you are asked to pay half due to the amount your company earns. this is like telling a student who has parents with no job to pay N50k for fine, not services rendered or sale in exchange of something, where do they want to see the money? Therefore the school can say, ok, know your condition, pay 10k. Most of you might argue that is what NCC did by reducing the fine. NO! What NCC did was like the school reducing the 50k to 35k which is still too much for the student.

You feel the school is unjust and unconsiderable for asking a student to pay 50k for fine, So I think about NCC! In fact I feel NCC is being selfish, greedy and using law as a cover to be corny in other to steal and inflict pain from/on the company. And the kind of people in Part A and mostly those from Part B are the sort of people in Seats of NCC. They Just want to KILL MTN. And they are doing this because its is a South African
company! They can't try it with a nigerian company. If it was glo, the amount would had been very different in terms of being low, and that is if there is even gonna be an amount.

Then if MTN goes extra mile by sacking it workers which are mostly Nigerians or increasing call and internet rates or shut down services in some areas of Nigeria in order to meet up the fine, IT IS STILL US THE REGULAR NIGERIANS THAT WOULD SUFER! So why support what you are very sure you are going to loose from?? YES! Infact we Nigerians are gaining NOTHING!! We would only loose at the end of everything!!

If NCC feels they are doing what they are doing for the good of nigerians and they most also pay all the fees, why can't they ask MTN to send all of us Nigerians credits or bonuses instead? Or why can't they ask them to build infrastructures for nigerians instead? Cos 5.2 billion dollars can build a good health center!! If you are among those that think MTN has stolen a lot from nigerians are you supposed to be fighting that the fine should be paid to NCC or to us Nigerians?

But NCC wants MTN to pay them instead! Okay if NCC receives the 5.2 billion, Where does it go to? What would the money be used for? If it was a much smaller money I would had been less consigned probably that the money could had been used to run NCC itself but this money is very large, so large I don't even think its up to what FG give them and Knowing the kind of country we are in, what is the probability that half of the money does not go into pockets? After all the money is much, who would notice? Its easy for anyone to say they spent 5.2 billion on a 3 billion dollars project. Then we have 2.2 Billion dollars go into peoples account. If people are not going to benefit from the money, then why does NCC insist with all their lives that such large amount most be payed and use the law as coverup?

Please if you support NCC, Have a rethink. Thanks.
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Dottore: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2015
Booked. I will comment when I finish reading

***modified***
My only concern is that the fine may be diverted for selfish gain other than that I insist that MTN must pay.
No thanks for the ops poo of a writeup anyway
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by femifemo123: 11:12am On Dec 18, 2015
MTN will not pay a kobo!
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by encryptjay(m): 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
Mtn shouldn't pay any money to NCC cos it will be diverted. The fine NCC have been collecting hasn't really helped matters.
NCC should be investigated.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Kingy10: 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
how can someone wake up and type something like this, when I still have notes to copy
Op, abeg u fit help me
They shouldn't fine them because the fine isn't too much, na u wan pay ham
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by PhonePlanet(m): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kingy10:
how can someone wake up and type something like this, when I still have notes to copy
Op, abeg u fit help me
They shouldn't fine them because the fine isn't too much, na u wan pay ham

Please take you time to read it

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day

I don't think mtn should pay all the fine imposed on them, simply because the fine is too much to be called a fine.

I know this is not what many of you want to hear. I read the comments on the last tread and I saw a lot of people (about 95%) express themselves on how they really want MTN to pay the fine or else leave the country.

Part A
I want you all the recognise that MTN for now is the best network in terms of services rendered. They are not a perfect network and might still fail at various areas, but overall they are quite better than the rest. This explains why the have the most customer base, and even most people blasting mtn and claiming that they most pay the fine are still using MTN even as at now! If you think MTN is not a good network, then what is airtel? So if you say MTN should leave Nigeria, what network should we now use? Airtel?

Again many claims that MTN has stolen a lot from Nigerians, this I really disagree with! Business is business! I offer you service, you pay! Picture this, if a seller sells pure water for 10 box and another sells for 5 box, does it make the first one a thief? NO! If you feel 10 box is expensive, you move on to the next seller. Same is applicable here. MTN offers 2GB for 1K BB plan, GLO offers 3GB for the same 1K. So right now I use GLO from MTN. But that does not mean I would tag MTN as a thief for offering less for more. Likewise MTN offers cheaper Call and sms rates than Etisalat. Its just business.

Some other claim that they cut their credit. Well, If you asked me, I would say you used it. Probably you made a call of 10 minutes and the call was so interesting.. You thought it was 5 minutes, then you start to complain of what? Did you count the minutes of you called and calculate it as per your charge per minute and you were overcharged?? NO! All you did was ASSUME! Yes its all ASSUMPTION!! Apart from that, yes there are times errors are made and your credit is taken, it happened to me once, I called the customer care and it was refunded!!! This is just an error that can happen to any network!! They only become thieves if they can't explain what happened to your credit or they refuse to refund it. I've used MTN for over 5 years! And apart from that once, I've never never noticed reduction in my credit!

And these same so called thieves by you guys are the people giving free credit from updating your sim card registration details!

I went to school and noticed literally EVERYBODY browsing and downloading large files and movies with MTN music+ simple server, so who are the real thieves now??

So please if the above is your reason, why you want MTN to pay the fine or leave nigeria, please, change your thinking, keep out of assumptions, and try not to be sentimental.

Part B
Now for those who feel MTN should pay the fine or leave nigeria for no reason or simply because they are south africans, you are not different from south africans that participated in xenophobia, remember xenophobia is "THE FEAR OF FOREIGNERS" yet I'm very sure you were amongst those condemning the act during its peak. The black pot kettle thing, you know the saying... I not attempting to change your mentality, cos I know I can't, this way of thinking comes as an attitude, that is applied in all areas of it, it mostly known as WICKEDNESS. I wonder how you would feel if your in-laws to be reject you just because you are from a different tribe/ethnic group. (Mind you, I did NOT say how the in-laws would feel, obviously they would think they have the right! Just as you guys think you have the right to drive MTN away)

If you are in the above! Don't quote me or comment, just act like you never saw this tread.

Part C
Now for NCC and the law. Yes I agree MTN broke the law, Yes they should be punished according to the law. But let us be realistic, and I want of all you to put yourselves in MTN shoes. Don't say if you had a company that can't happen cos it can happen to any company or person.

The fine of $5.2 Billion is too much for any company in the world, some BIG companies even have that as their total net worth. This is the fee NCC asked MTN to pay. Truth be told, NCC could had also said, this is your fee, but you are asked to pay half due to the amount your company earns. this is like telling a student who has parents with no job to pay N50k for fine, not services rendered or sale in exchange of something, where do they want to see the money? Therefore the school can say, ok, know your condition, pay 10k. Most of you might argue that is what NCC did by reducing the fine. NO! What NCC did was like the school reducing the 50k to 35k which is still too much for the student.

You feel the school is unjust and unconsiderable for asking a student to pay 50k for fine, So I think about NCC! In fact I feel NCC is being selfish, greedy and using law as a cover to be corny in other to steal and inflict pain from/on the company. And the kind of people in Part A and mostly those from Part B are the sort of people in Seats of NCC. They Just want to KILL MTN. And they are doing this because its is a South African
company! They can't try it with a nigerian company. If it was glo, the amount would had been very different in terms of being low, and that is if there is even gonna be an amount.

Then if MTN goes extra mile by sacking it workers which are mostly Nigerians or increasing call and internet rates or shut down services in some areas of Nigeria in order to meet up the fine, IT IS STILL US THE REGULAR NIGERIANS THAT WOULD SUFER! So why support what you are very sure you are going to loose from?? YES! Infact we Nigerians are gaining NOTHING!! We would only loose at the end of everything!!

If NCC feels they are doing what they are doing for the good of nigerians and they most also pay all the fees, why can't they ask MTN to send all of us Nigerians credits or bonuses instead? Or why can't they ask them to build infrastructures for nigerians instead? Cos 5.2 billion dollars can build a good health center!! If you are among those that think MTN has stolen a lot from nigerians are you supposed to be fighting that the fine should be paid to NCC or to us Nigerians?

But NCC wants MTN to pay them instead! Okay if NCC receives the 5.2 billion, Where does it go to? What would the money be used for? If it was a much smaller money I would had been less consigned probably that the money could had been used to run NCC itself but this money is very large, so large I don't even think its up to what FG give them and Knowing the kind of country we are in, what is the probability that half of the money does not go into pockets? After all the money is much, who would notice? Its easy for anyone to say they spent 5.2 billion on a 3 billion dollars project. Then we have 2.2 Billion dollars go into peoples account. If people are not going to benefit from the money, then why does NCC insist with all their lives that such large amount most be payed and use the law as coverup?

Please if you support NCC, Have a rethink. Thanks.
MTN hasn't dealt with you that's why you are supporting them. How can you be in a tariff plan when you know all the benefits yet they charged for service you didn't subscribe for e g fashion tips ? Are you aware that MTN purposely disobey order because they knew what they were gaining? Are you also aware that MTN were given the NCC 2013 Act and violation attracts penalty? would they try this nonsense in Ghana talkless of south Africa? I wonder why a Nigerian would be supporting MTN to aid terrorism probably your relation wasn't killed during the boko saga .. Is it not in this country that the judiciary gave order for Dstv not to increase tariff pending the trial in court yet they disobey. Let me tell you the plain truth, MTN is only buying time to avoid paying the fine knowing fully well how our judiciary system work (slow process ).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by PhonePlanet(m): 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
asuustrike2009:

MTN hasn't dealt with you that's why you are supporting them. How can you be in a tariff plan when you know all the benefits yet they charged for service you didn't subscribe for e g fashion tips ?
MTN has never in actual sense dealt with any one. If you are so sure you they did something at your back, did you call and complain and you ended up right and they said they are not giving you back anything? MTN has never subscribed a person to service he/she did not subscribe too...you must had subscribed to it yourself whether on purpose or mistake. So you are fully responsible for YOUR ACTION not MTN. If you noticed any sub active on your line, call them and they would give you the time and date you subscribed to it. And most times you'll remember you actually did, so why the hate? All what you said are conclusions to assumptions, not fact. Or something you heard, not that it happened to you. Please stop hating...besides they were asked to pay fine for not registering sims not for subscribing users to unknown Services. If you feel you've been robbed by MTN, why don't you instead fight that MTN should pay the fine in a way directly to Nigerians?

Are you aware that MTN purposely disobey order because they knew what they were gaining?
HOW DO YOU KNOW?? Do you work for mtn or are you a spy in the organisation?? Please stop assuming.

Are you also aware that MTN were given the NCC 2013 Act and violation attracts penalty?
YES! But the end penalty is too much for the company, infact its too much for any company in the world! NCC knowing this can make exceptions and make thing easier for both the company and themselves, by saying themselves if the fine was 'payable' MTN could had just paid it without complains, but now MTN has taken them to court, and if they win, MTN would end up paying not a kobo! The fine can be reduced or changed, an example is what they did some weeks backs...
Even Samsung was asked to pay Apple just 548 million dollars since last year! And at this point samsung is still having a hard time paying, so its MTN that should pay NCC 5.2 billion dollars within a range of 2-3 months?

would they try this nonsense in Ghana talkless of south Africa? I wonder why a Nigerian would be supporting MTN to aid terrorism probably your relation wasn't killed during the boko saga .. Is it not in this country that the judiciary gave order for Dstv not to increase tariff pending the trial in court yet they disobey. Let me tell you the plain truth, MTN is only buying time to avoid paying the fine knowing fully well how our judiciary system work (slow process ).

Reading this last part, I hope others agree with me now that this is just more than a company who broke the rule and asked to pay a fine, it is a NIGERIAN - SOUTHAFRICAN fight. Why don't you agree that you just want them to pay simply because its a south african company? Yes MTN can do this in either ghana or south africa if what they did was a mistake, and a mistake can happen anywhere! Was glo, an nigerian company in nigeria not one of the first defaulter in the first fine? Or Glo does not break rules too? Or because they are in they country everything suppose to run smoothly?

The point is if MTN was a Nigerian company, the fine would had not been this much and would had been reduced even if they broke the same rule in the same exact way. If you say MTN can't try this in south africa, NCC can't try this would GlO!
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
PhonePlanet:

MTN has never in actual sense dealt with any one. If you are so sure you they did something at your back, did you call and complain and you ended up right and they said they are not giving you back anything? MTN has never subscribed a person to service he/she did not subscribe too...you must had subscribed to it yourself whether on purpose or mistake. So you are fully responsible for YOUR ACTION not MTN. If you noticed any sub active on your line, call them and they would give you the time and date you subscribed to it. And most times you'll remember you actually did, so why the hate? All what you said are conclusions to assumptions, not fact. Or something you heard, not that it happened to you. Please stop hating...besides they were asked to pay fine for not registering sims not for subscribing users to unknown Services. If you feel you've been robbed by MTN, why don't you instead fight that MTN should pay the fine in a way directly to Nigerians?

HOW DO YOU KNOW?? Do you work for mtn or are you a spy in the organisation?? Please stop assuming.

YES! But the end penalty is too much for the company, infact its too much for any company in the world! NCC knowing this can make exceptions and make thing easier for both the company and themselves, by saying themselves if the fine was 'payable' MTN could had just paid it without complains, but now MTN has taken them to court, and if they win, MTN would end up paying not a kobo! The fine can be reduced or changed, an example is what they did some weeks backs...
Even Samsung was asked to pay Apple just 548 million dollars since last year! And at this point samsung is still having a hard time paying, so its MTN that should pay NCC 5.2 billion dollars within a range of 2-3 months?

Reading this last part, I hope others agree with me now that this is just more than a company who broke the rule and asked to pay a fine, it is a NIGERIAN - SOUTHAFRICAN fight. Why don't you agree that you just want them to pay simply because its a south african company? Yes MTN can do this in either ghana or south africa if what they did was a mistake, and a mistake can happen anywhere! Was glo, an nigerian company in nigeria not one of the first defaulter in the first fine? Or Glo does not break rules too? Or because they are in they country everything suppose to run smoothly?

The point is if MTN was a Nigerian company, the fine would had not been this much and would had been reduced even if they broke the same rule in the same exact way. If you say MTN can't try this in south africa, NCC can't try this would GlO!
who told I didn't complain? I complain of the frequent deductions yet they didn't stop it. secondly it's not Nigeria South Africa thing but it's the lawThey broke the lt and so they should pay. Thirdly Should MTN not pay the fine, they will continue to misbehave as this will serve as a lesson to other operators . in case you don't know MTN immediately compiled with NCC directive stop charging customer. from main account when they subscribe to data. Why do you think they compiled if not for penalty attached to it

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by PhonePlanet(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
asuustrike2009:

who told I didn't complain? I complain of the frequent deductions yet they didn't stop it.
like I said I've been using MTN for over 5 years! And they have never done all these stuff you assume they do. I'm very very extremely sure its a fault on your part. Its you who needs to be more careful

secondly it's not Nigeria South Africa thing but it's the lawThey broke the lt and so they should pay.
Who said they should not be fined for breaking the law? I said the fine in not reasonable on any ground, therefore mtn should not pay the fine.

Thirdly Should MTN not pay the fine, they will continue to misbehave as this will serve as a lesson to other operators . in case you don't know MTN immediately compiled with NCC directive stop charging customer. from main account when they subscribe to data. Why do you think they compiled if not for penalty attached to it

So you're trying to tell me that this sim issue is the first ever directive made by NCC? And if they are others MTN never abide by them and they were not fined? So this is the first ever fine MTN has been asked to pay or NCC just started fining companies ehn??

See all these network companies has the same issues that NCC tries to resolve, most times these companies meet the deadline including MTN, I mean there are other so many issue since 2001 b4 this one! And many are still going to come out starting from the charge for internet from credit. These companies met some deadlines and did not meet some. It is just unfortunate MTN did not meet this particular sim issue, but they met the next one which is the data issue. This does not mean its because of the fine or lesson what so ever, if I ran a telecommunication company, true I won't like to be in MTN shoes but, I have no lesson to learn! Or tell me maybe I'm missing something. What lesson is there to learn? Is this the first time NCC is fining these companies? Each and every one of the companies has at times defaulted NCC rule and paid fines! Including MTN. So its not like they love to pay fines or something cos I'm sure the board would not be happy even if its just N500k fine. These things are never never done on purpose.
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
PhonePlanet:
like I said I've been using MTN for over 5 years! And they have never done all these stuff you assume they do. I'm very very extremely sure its a fault on your part. Its you who needs to be more careful

Who said they should not be fined for breaking the law? I said the fine in not reasonable on any ground, therefore mtn should not pay the fine.

So you're trying to tell me that this sim issue is the first ever directive made by NCC? And if they are others MTN never abide by them and they were not fined? So this is the first ever fine MTN has been asked to pay or NCC just started fining companies ehn??

See all these network companies has the same issues that NCC tries to resolve, most times these companies meet the deadline including MTN, I mean there are other so many issue since 2001 b4 this one! And many are still going to come out starting from the charge for internet from credit. These companies met some deadlines and did not meet some. It is just unfortunate MTN did not meet this particular sim issue, but they met the next one which is the data issue. This does not mean its because of the fine or lesson what so ever, if I ran a telecommunication company, true I won't like to be in MTN shoes but, I have no lesson to learn! Or tell me maybe I'm missing something. What lesson is there to learn? Is this the first time NCC is fining these companies? Each and every one of the companies has at times defaulted NCC rule and paid fines! Including MTN. So its not like they love to pay fines or something cos I'm sure the board would not be happy even if its just N500k fine. These things are never never done on purpose.

keep on defending them until they wipe your airtime or data bundle. Ask those that were subscribe to fashion tips or other services if MTN has remove theirs. That you use MTN for 5 years doesn't mean they are not fraudsters. yes it favoured you but didn't favour me.
I will still say time an again that MTN promptly compiled because of the consequence involved For airtime deduction. in fact NCC had to warn them after discovering that only etisalat had compiled. This is not the first time MTN is disobeying order and wouldn't be the last
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by PhonePlanet(m): 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
asuustrike2009:

keep on defending them until they wipe your airtime or data bundle. Ask those that were subscribe to fashion tips or other services if MTN has remove theirs. That you use MTN for 5 years doesn't mean they are not fraudsters. yes it favoured you but didn't favour me.
I will still say time an again that MTN promptly compiled because of the consequence involved For airtime deduction. in fact NCC had to warn them after discovering that only etisalat had compiled. This is not the first time MTN is disobeying order and wouldn't be the last

Just take a look at yourself! I'm not defending them, I'm defending the truth and fact. So if they do wipe out your own credit (cos they would never wipe out mine) why do you still use mtn? after the subscribing to fashion tips, you can't unsubscribe ba? You are just saying rubbish.

Stop acting like MTN is the only company in nigeria that break rules and they do it on purpose... They av always been consequences! Its not today! Infact all these network, MTN, GLO, etisalat and airtel had paid fines earlier for the same sim registration go and find out!, so you think mtn now purposely broke the same rule to pay another fine again?? Dude be reasonable. As far as I'm consigned, all companies in the world (not just mtn) abide by rules from regulatory bodies due to fines and punishment, but there are cases that the company cannot meet up, and this mtn sim registration case is just one of them. If the company can meet up, it will, just like the data issue. So stop hating on MTN.
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Just take a look at yourself! I'm not defending them, I'm defending the truth and fact. So if they do wipe out your own credit (cos they would never wipe out mine) why do you still use mtn? after the subscribing to fashion tips, you can't unsubscribe ba? You are just saying rubbish.

Stop acting like MTN is the only company in nigeria that break rules and they do it on purpose... They av always been consequences! Its not today! Infact all these network, MTN, GLO, etisalat and airtel had paid fines earlier for the same sim registration go and find out!, so you think mtn now purposely broke the same rule to pay another fine again?? Dude be reasonable. As far as I'm consigned, all companies in the world (not just mtn) abide by rules from regulatory bodies due to fines and punishment, but there are cases that the company cannot meet up, and this mtn sim registration case is just one of them. If the company can meet up, it will, just like the data issue. So stop hating on MTN.
all the service provider breaks law in Nigeria including MTN. My bone of contention is why they refuse to disconnect those sim knowing fully well that it's used by kidnappers and terrorist.
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Oooh please shut the FUC..K up.i have been duped by MTN severally and there is nothing like mistake on my part or MTN's.Rather,it is advertently period. MTN you'd better pay up or Leave my country.Useless network

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
Guy,please shut the hell up.Am tired of reading your comments.the fact still remains ''MTN shoud pay up''.Just this week,i have been illegally charged by MTN for Fashion tips which I have never subscribed for.(Customer care is Rubbish,you will waste your whole life waiting for a representative to pick your call) so i called a friend of mine who works with MTN to deactivate it. After he did,i received a text message telling me that it has been deactivated.I received over 7 useless messages in 2 minutes. The next day,i recharged and my credit was deducted AGAIN!!!! What explanation do you have for that ANOTHER MISTAKE ON MY PART??(You must be a SADIST if you say such).And the Most Annonying is that you CAN NOT DEACTIVATE. Please PAY UP!!!!. I think this guy is from southafrica and defending his country(since you said it's a war between both countries). OR you are An Employee working with MTN OR you benefitted Something that changed your LIFE. Please go and Sit down jare stop playing to the gallery

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by PhonePlanet(m): 12:23am On Dec 19, 2015
Emmagenius:

Oooh please shut the FUC..K up.i have been duped by MTN severally and there is nothing like mistake on my part or MTN's.Rather,it is advertently period. MTN you'd better pay up or Leave my country.Useless network

You should shut the fvck up you racist! The duped you from first to several times and you still use the network? If you really hate them and you want them to go, why don't you start by breaking you sim! Whether you like it or not, its still the best network in nigeria, and I've never been stolen from. The only time I noticed a deduction in my credit, it was refunded!! So?
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by PhonePlanet(m): 12:26am On Dec 19, 2015
asuustrike2009:

all the service provider breaks law in Nigeria including MTN. My bone of contention is why they refuse to disconnect those sim knowing fully well that it's used by kidnappers and terrorist.
How can the whole 5000 or how many sims be used by terrorist and kidnappers?? It was just a thing of "was not able to meet deadline"
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by PhonePlanet(m): 12:38am On Dec 19, 2015
Emmagenius:
Guy,please shut the hell up.Am tired of reading your comments.the fact still remains ''MTN shoud pay up''.Just this week,i have been illegally charged by MTN for Fashion tips which I have never subscribed for.(Customer care is Rubbish,you will waste your whole life waiting for a representative to pick your call) so i called a friend of mine who works with MTN to deactivate it. After he did,i received a text message telling me that it has been deactivated.I received over 7 useless messages in 2 minutes. The next day,i recharged and my credit was deducted AGAIN!!!! What explanation do you have for that ANOTHER MISTAKE ON MY PART??(You must be a SADIST if you say such).And the Most Annonying is that you CAN NOT DEACTIVATE. Please PAY UP!!!!. I think this guy is from southafrica and defending his country(since you said it's a war between both countries). OR you are An Employee working with MTN OR you benefitted Something that changed your LIFE. Please go and Sit down jare stop playing to the gallery

Your whole life is in trouble...

If I lived with you for a week now, probably I would catch you subscribing to it yourself you're there saying rubbish. Rubbish like "it can't be deactivated" but you also call your friend and he deactivated what cannot be deactivated??

See your life inside lagoon?

They stole from, they deducted, they stole, they deducted....and you're still using the network? Why? Ans? You are still loading card why?

See ehn! There is no fact in what you said so stop using the word please

If you are so pissed of that mtn has been terrible to you, is paying the fine of 5.2 billion dollars going to solve that? Or make things worse? THINK! Use your head!

Don't come here and start saying rubbish...

And I'm a fully blooded nigerian. I'm not defending SA or its company, I'm fighting for the right attitude to take on issues and the right way to act.

If you hate MTN so much and think they are useless. OGA open your own network let's see if you would not be worse than starcomm. Shebi u think its that easy. Mtseeeew
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2015
PhonePlanet:

You should shut the fvck up you racist! The duped you from first to several times and you still use the network? If you really hate them and you want them to go, why don't you start by breaking you sim! Whether you like it or not, its still the best network in nigeria, and I've never been stolen from. The only time I noticed a deduction in my credit, it was refunded!! So?

slowpoke,please go and take your medication. Now am sure you are a southArican.you know what? As am typing this,am a GLOBACOM user,i have already broken the useless MTN sim.
1.I don't gain anything from the Network
2.I have been defrauded severally
3.Their useless text message is the worst(sending at least 10 in a day)
4. SADIST network
5.You are a LUNATIC. Simple

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 19, 2015
Your stupidity stinks to the high heavens.
And how do you want me to justify the FACT?.
If i continue to comment,you will still say i don't have the facts. Please go and take SOUTH african IGBO,drink Lizard shit and add pepper to it. Pay up or Leave my country!!!!!. They have the largest customer base here in Nigeria. Nigeria feeds so many countries.if they leave,there are so many INVESTORS waiting to Invest in our Telecommunication FOOL
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 19, 2015
And if they lose the court case,INCREASE it for wasting our time. And if MTN gives any offer,Am Never interested.be it DATA,CALLS,whatever
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 19, 2015
Nigerians have been Exploited by these international Companies and they leave the lives of the masses worse than they met them.Examples are Everywhere. Nigerians MUST stand up and SAY NO. Our leaders are Wiser NOW and they are determined to take back what has been lost yesteryears. Nigerians SAY no to High cost of DATA and so on.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 19, 2015
But wait oooo. Am So sorry i didn't understand what you have been saying all along. NOW i agree with you that '' I DON'T THINK MTN SHOULD PAY THE FINE anymore.RATHER,THEY SHOULD LEAVE MY DEAR COUNTRY NIGERIA'''''''''''''''

1 Like

Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 19, 2015
PhonePlanet:

How can the whole 5000 or how many sims be used by terrorist and kidnappers?? It was just a thing of "was not able to meet deadline"
some of the numbers were used and a matter of most kidnappers use more of MTN to contact people. This also apply to terrorist. Am talking from experience because i know what am saying
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by PhonePlanet(m): 11:58am On Dec 19, 2015
asuustrike2009:

some of the numbers were used and a matter of most kidnappers use more of MTN to contact people. This also apply to terrorist. Am talking from experience because i know what am saying
so you're a terrorist or a kidnapper?
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2015
PhonePlanet:

what kind of nasty question is that? If I say am talking of experience shouldn't you ask how come I know about it? perhaps you haven't been kidnapped or your brother killed by terrorist will make you ask a such question. Perhaps when a thief steals your property and probably kill your loved ones you will tell the police to release him so as to commit more harvoc
Re: I Don't Think MTN Should Pay The Fine by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2015
PhonePlanet:

what kind of nasty question is that? If I say am talking of experience shouldn't you ask how come I know about it? perhaps you haven't been kidnapped or your brother killed by terrorist will make you ask a such question. Perhaps when a thief steals your property and probably kill your loved ones you will tell the police to release him so as to commit more harvoc

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Set To Release The Xband Smartwatch / Offering 2gb For 500 Naira On Glo / Your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Will Explode!! Samsung Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.