Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. (43808 Views)

My Tecno L5 Review: Appreciating Compact / My Tecno L5 Review! Like Power Bank. / Tecno L5 official discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Tallesty1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tecno’s next Big Thing after Tecno Camon C8 is Tecno L5.

Many people wish it is available already so they would buy it asap.

Majority don’t care about the poor hardware that the phone ships with.

Why?

Simply because of its affordability and a monstrous battery that can last up to 5 days on a single charge.

The phone carries two times the power in many smartphone batteries out in the market today.

When you consider the epileptic power supply in Nigeria and the fact that poor battery life has emerged as one of the chief complaints about smartphones, you will see the reason many people want buy it.

Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype.

There are few things that determine the battery life of a smartphone and they are what I looked into before concluding that the L5 will do well.

1. Battery Size: This is not supposed to be my no1 but I have to make it my number one because that is the phone's selling point.

A 3000mah battery in a 4.5 inch smartphone is good enough and Tecno L5 has 5000mah, almost twice the supposed average size.

2: Optimization: Tecno Is not doing bad here and there's still room for improvement.

Poor optimization is the cause of poor battery life problem in most smartphones. The engineers don’t just get it a right.

A well optimized smartphone with a 3000mah battery will last longer if not twice the number of days a poorly optimized smartphone with a 10000mah battery will last.

Here’s an example. Oukitel recently launched a smartphone called oukitel K6000.

The phone was named after its 6,000mAh battery and the company claims that it can last 40 days on standby(could be marketing stunt) but Xperia Z3c with 2600mah battery recorded 33days on standby(confirmed).

When you consider the two you will see that big battery doesn’t always guarantee great battery life.

If the OS of a phone is poorly optimized for performance and stability then the big battery size is worth nothing.

I played with Tecno’s latest phones and their engineers are doing great so I have no doubt that the OS will run smoothly on the phone.

3: Screen size is just 4.5-inch IPS display, not even full hd: Do I still need to say more here?

Everyone Knows that bigger screen equates to more battery consumption while in use.

I have checked other specs of the phone and I don’t see what would consume the battery.

My only fear is the processor and I advice Tecno to optimize the OS very well because the mediatek processor that is in the phone is not so great in performance especially graphically.

It needs a smooth running OS to be apple to handle apps and multi-task without lagging otherwise it will help drain the battery.

I was hoping to see a 2GB ram and 16GB Rom but you can never have it all in one phone.

SOURCE: http://www.naijatecharena.com/tecno-l5-preview-think-worth-hype/

5 Likes

Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Samyj247: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
where can we buy d fone na
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Maximum83: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
Samyj247:
where can we buy d fone na
it's available in the market already. It's now 16k
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
I was thinking of getting the phone but someone here said it takes up to four hours to get fully charged, in my opinion that's a pretty long time, I am now thinking of Gionee M3 mini.
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by MilesLamar(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tecno fan boy

Gionee m3 mini is better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by MilesLamar(m): 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
imas:
I was thinking of getting the phone but someone here said it takes up to four hours to get fully charged, in my opinion that's a pretty long time, I am now thinking of Gionee M3 mini.

Guy dts wah am currently using.. Go for it n u will Neva regret.
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
MilesLamar:

Guy dts wah am currently using.. Go for it n u will Neva regret.
please how long does it take to get fully charged from 0% ?
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by MilesLamar(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
imas:

please how long does it take to get fully charged from 0% ?

2 to 3hrs
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
MilesLamar:

2 to 3hrs
Thanks, I'll go for it, the 4hrs scared me.
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by veekid(m): 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
FYM
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by damton(m): 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
g
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Demmocrats(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
I don't know for you guys but Techno is a wonder phone company and my old Techno m3 serves me well.
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by youngaz(m): 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
uuuurrrrgggghhhh una no go kill person wit fone biko undecided undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by 1surdman: 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
Chai tecno no go leave me rest
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by LewisO: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
Mtchewww.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by ibkgab001: 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tecno is tecno
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by hotgunz(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
Still enjoyin my iphone 7s don't need technology

1 Like

Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by princeunugwa: 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
What's the ram capacity pls? If it's less than 2k the phone is dead on arrival undecidedWhat's the ram capacity pls? If it's less than 2k the phone is dead on arrival
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by peterveo(m): 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
pics pls.......
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tekno_duro again?? ? Lols

Techno tire me abeg.... Am infinixmobility.com!!!
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Engineer123(m): 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
Smartphone manufacturer releasing smartphone every month, thereby smiling to the bank on monthly basis. As Buhari said, next year will be tough for the masses, the phone in my hand will spend another year before thinking of buying new one. Moreover other Techno product will be out by then.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by techmart(m): 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
it a lovely phone... lovely specs
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by zieraw2005(m): 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
Anything tecno can not be in my house

5 Likes

Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by DullardBuhari(m): 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
ok
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Rozan10: 11:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
imas:

I use it and i barely notice cos i charge later at nite but you can still get it and go buy a 2A charger to charge faster, cos the L5 charger is just 1.2A. if you are not a heavy user you'll barely have to charge more than once a day, so at nite you just plug it in and go to sleep.
Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by Youngpo413: 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
H+

1 Like

Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by morganist99(m): 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
Go sleep abeg... Get gionee m3 mini

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno L5 Review: Why I Think It Is Worth The Hype. by timilehin007(m): 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
please whats the ram size

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 7 Unveiling Full Specifications And Price / 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps / Why You Should Never Borrow Charging Cable From Someone Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.