Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,568 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More (943 Views)

Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin / Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari / Remove Subsidy And Crash Your Currency - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by chichi234(f): 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
The National leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), and former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to remove fuel subsidy without further delay.
Speaking at the 10th memorial anniversary of late Bala Usman, Tinubu said, with the removal of subsidy, the money can be used to feed school children with the country’s local products, promote agriculture and create jobs.

Tinubu said there were too many demons in the subsidy system, adding that “It is better that we remove it and spend the money to save the people instead of expend the people to save the money.”

The APC national leader noted that if Bala Usman was to be alive, he would have equally called for immediate removal of the subsidy, adding that, “What I have said here is more than talk. It is a call to action”.

Tinubu said, “In a perfect world, I wish we could sanitize the subsidy regime and thus continue with it. However, I have reached the conclusion that there are too many demons in the system for that hell to be turned into heaven.

“It is better that we remove it, not for the purpose of saving money but to use the money more wisely that we might better save the people. Let us begin a process of a thoughtful, but decisive subsidy phase-out.

“While this is occurring, we should simultaneously phase in social programs benefiting the poorest, most vulnerable among us. Programmes such as transportation subsidies, school feeding, improved basic medical care and coverage for the poor, and potable water projects are some of the things that can be done with the same funds.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/remove-subsidy-stimulate-infrastructure-tinubu-tells-buhari/125009.html#ikSxTID27DSTwgYM.99
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by fromnigeria(m): 8:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
I Agree but not now.
Lets make provisions for the after effect on the average Nigerian who is going to bear the brunt. E.g Building more refineries.
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by Lattop(m): 8:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
If not 4 ur own selfishness u might b right sir
No quote cos i wnt reply
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by chichi234(f): 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
I agree
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by chichi234(f): 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tinubu was against it in 2012

2 Likes

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by Bitterleafsoup: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
chichi234 don't mind the hypocrite. Mumubola creates short memory in the 95% crew.

Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Chieftain and former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has accused President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration of “shirking its social contract with the people by suddenly removing fuel subsidy.”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tinubu-chides-jonathan-suggests-way-out/106869/
He called all of all people GEJ and Elitisit he has no shame.
The people now pay a steep tax for voting him into office. The removal of the subsidy is the ‘Jonathan tax’, which represents a new standard in elitism.”
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by fistonati(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
Follow Tinubu on this twitter handle #419 4eva

1 Like

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by Bitterleafsoup: 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
chichi234:
I agree
If Tinubu really cares he should start by untolling the only road to Lekki peninsula, thief! And Fakeshola who helped him create that burden toll to Nigerians should also tell us where the S90 million DOLLARS he got for loan for Lagos education went! ACN is worst then PDP and nobdody talks about it!

1 Like

Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 19, 2015
In addition, sell the refineries.

That leader too dull.

GEJ has been vindicated. He spoke about this economic crisis we passing through now when he told Nigerians that subsidy removal was for their future interests.
Re: Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari Read More by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 19, 2015
fromnigeria:
I Agree but not now.
Lets make provisions for the after effect on the average Nigerian who is going to bear the brunt. E.g Building more refineries.

I laugh..

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Senator Bukola Saraki As He Turns 53yrs Old Today / Amaechi, Speaker Dogara & Other Grace The Wedding Of Emir Of Kano's Daughter / Ahbokkies Hawking Yams Inside Lagos State Secretariat...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.