Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

#plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews (12626 Views)

Why History Says Jerusalem Belongs To The Jews / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by scully95: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
The God of the Yorubas - (Olodumare) is not the same God, the Jews & Christians call their god, Christopher Omodunmi.

Perhaps, you are the one who is acustely nescient and benighted about the history of so many Gods and so many man - made religious beliefs, Christopher.

For a start, you will never find an European Christian, whether Catholic or Anglican or even a believer in Judaism going to an African Temple or an African Shrine, bowing down to one 'Olodumare' and insisting that this Olodumare is the same as his Christian God, or Anglican God, or Yahweh Good. If they, the European Christians and Jewish Yahweh worshippers do not accord this kind of respect to the Yoruba God(s), why on earth should the Ooni of Ife, the spiritual leader of the Yorubas be their Christian and Yahweh Gods the same respect, people??
Can you now see the bizarre and somewhat ridiculous position the new Ooni of Ife has put himself??

As you well know, Yoruba traditional rituals and sacrifices surely demands so many secret commitments and orders, demanding blood from the the animal. 'Ojoba' connotes and denotes that the new King has eaten the preserved heart of the last King.

Now tell me, how do you reconcile the traditional rituals and traditions of becoming a king in Yoruba land with the texts of Christian faith??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
There's only One God
And Jesus is the Son of God.
He's the only True God.
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Maxes12: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
Very Diabolical, i spit!!!
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
best2com:
Keep deceiving yourselves.
There's only One God
And Jesus is the Son of God.
He's the only True God.
Three nails. One dead God.
2000 years and counting, no show.

Excuse: building mansion for followers. grin grin Be like say Julius Berger no dey heaven.. grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
Well...
God's Grace cannot be explained, it an only be Experienced. I pray you experience His Grace in your life.

sonOfLucifer:

Excuse: building mansion for followers. grin grin Be like say Julius Berger no dey heaven.. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by bedoab10k(m): 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
go and read odu IFA keta, anti iketala
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by cosby02(m): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
Total Bull Shit

1 Like

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by scully95: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
bedoab10k:
go and read odu IFA keta, anti iketala

please can you share the verses ?
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by eposho: 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
Things fall apart the centre can not be hold.same ooni that was winning and dinning with all 3000 plus dieties for 21days, we were told the crown miraculous appeared from the forest, custodian of Yoruba traditions.
Well maybe he tot one of them is a joke, tradition/ Jewish GOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by PastorAIO: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
eposho:
Things fall apart the centre can not be hold.same ooni that was winning and dinning with all 3000 plus dieties for 21days, we were told the crown miraculous appeared from the forest, custodian of Yoruba traditions.
Well maybe he tot one of them is a joke, tradition/ Jewish GOD.

You see that's the joke right there. Either that Ooni is going to die soon, or the Ifa Odu that approved of his coronation knew this was going to happen and approved of it, or the Odu Ifa that approved him is a fake divination too, or There was no Ifa involved, only politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by eposho: 11:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
PastorAIO:

You see that's the joke right there. Either that Ooni is going to die soon, or the Ifa Odu that approved of his coronation knew this was going to happen and approved of it, or the Odu Ifa that approved him is a fake divination too, or There was no Ifa involved, only politics.
I think the real joke will be for the ooni to become born again pastor and still be the ooni onirisa shocked .
That will be double divi nation right there.

1 Like

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by vodkat: 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
scully95:
The God of the Yorubas - (Olodumare) is not the same God, the Jews & Christians call their god, Christopher Omodunmi.

Perhaps, you are the one who is acustely nescient and benighted about the history of so many Gods and so many man - made religious beliefs, Christopher.

For a start, you will never find an European Christian, whether Catholic or Anglican or even a believer in Judaism going to an African Temple or an African Shrine, bowing down to one 'Olodumare' and insisting that this Olodumare is the same as his Christian God, or Anglican God, or Yahweh Good. If they, the European Christians and Jewish Yahweh worshippers do not accord this kind of respect to the Yoruba God(s), why on earth should the Ooni of Ife, the spiritual leader of the Yorubas be their Christian and Yahweh Gods the same respect, people??
Can you now see the bizarre and somewhat ridiculous position the new Ooni of Ife has put himself??

As you well know, Yoruba traditional rituals and sacrifices surely demands so many secret commitments and orders, demanding blood from the the animal. 'Ojoba' connotes and denotes that the new King has eaten the preserved heart of the last King.

Now tell me, how do you reconcile the traditional rituals and traditions of becoming a king in Yoruba land with the texts of Christian faith??

Olodumare in yoruba is d supreme being, owner of the universe
, a spirit and omnipresent. He is everywhere and not in one location.

same thing the Jewish God owner of the universe.

different words same meaning.

just as stupid as saying omi is different from water.

my guy use u r brain

We r not taking of Ogun or sango

1 Like

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by scully95: 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
vodkat:

Olodumare in yoruba is d supreme being, owner of the universe
, a spirit and omnipresent. He is everywhere and not in one location.

same thing the Jewish God owner of the universe.

different words same meaning.

just as stupid as saying omi is different from water.

my guy use u r brain

We r not taking of Ogun or sango

you are not using your brain...

Olodumare did not create what he could not control.. that is satan.. the god of Jew created satan... In Yoruba Mythology.. Olodumare is the God of heaven and earth..

Esu is not satan but one of his messengers.. Esu is olodmare's first law enforcer..

Now you see the difference ?

Again, have you ever seen king saudi or queen of England worship the same God via shrine ??

Now who is using his brain ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 19, 2015
Please tell him ooooooooo
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by vodkat: 12:35am On Dec 19, 2015
scully95:

Olodumare did not create what he could not control.. that is satan.. the god of Jew created satan... In Yoruba Mythology.. Olodumare is the God of heaven and earth..

Esu is not satan but one of his messengers.. Esu is olodmare's first law enforcer..

Again, have you ever seen king saudi or queen of England worship the same God via shrine ??

Ur a dumbo for saying cannot creator must control his creation.

Have u not heard the saying I created a monster.

Many bad boys like anini or shine Rambo could not be controlled by the parents.

The man who created kalashnikov tell me how he is going to control it once in the hand of an enemy

Eshu is a trickstar according to yoruba. There is a name for devil but it is also eshu. They bare the same surname

he is an outlaw

U need to watch old yoruba movies like koto aye or koto orun .

Or maybe Ur more advanced
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by vodkat: 12:53am On Dec 19, 2015
scully95:

The family of the queen have been known to be members of illuminati or free mason so who knows what they worship.

It's just like ogboni ppl

Yoruba or ifa needs to be reformed and the literature more clearer so.it don't become like another islam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Ayt27(m): 8:52am On Dec 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Bro are you an atheist or just a really really disappointed Christian, because your moniker's really off.
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Ayt27(m): 8:52am On Dec 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Bro are you an atheist or just a really really disappointed Christian, because your moniker's really out of this world, literally.
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 19, 2015
Ayt27:

Bro are you an atheist or just a really really disappointed Christian, because your moniker's really out of this world, literally.

saw the notif. snd a mail to buharifan@gmail.com. I'm atheist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by plaetton: 9:56am On Dec 19, 2015
scully95:

This useless man has committed the greatest treachery against the Yoruba people.

He has shown zero wisdom, zero intellectual depth, just an empty can who is neither here nor there.

What a calamity !

But, then I blame those and the system that chose this him, without due diligence, without tests and trials, as the SPIRITUAL leader and custodian of Yoruba culture, traditions and pride.

When the cultures and values of a society become politicized and monetized, Things Fall Apart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 19, 2015
plaetton:

When the cultures and values of a society become politicized and monetized, Things Fall Apart.
That book should be made compulsory reading in our schools. embarassed
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by plaetton: 10:32am On Dec 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Funny, I hear that it standard reading for German high schools and in some states in the US.

A friend of mine studied the book as part of a course at New York University.

It is quite unfortunate, that we in Nigeria, appreciate and learn from it the least.

Foreign religions are the equivalents of neutron bombs on African culture, identity and values.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:36am On Dec 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

It was made compulsory .
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

It was made compulsory .
Maybe it isn't enforced. Have you read it? What did you think about it?
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Its a good book . Love the plot though I've forgotten some parts of the story

Isn't it funny that you want a book that showcases the superstitious beliefs of the African mind - ogbanje , gods - enforced . But the bible should be dumped ?

Care to explain ?
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its a good book . Love the plot though I've forgotten some parts of the story

Isn't it funny that you want a book that showcases the superstitious beliefs of the African mind - ogbanje , gods - enforced . But the bible should be dumped ?

Care to explain ?
It improves your sense of identity when you read and learn from stories told by your ancestors or your people. Imagine if the Yorubas conquered the Igbos and forced us to worship Eledumare and Ogun. Or vice versa.

When I argue for preservation of African superstitious beliefs, the arguments are made from a position of culture and identity, rather than religious ones. That's why on a thread about juju and black magic, you'd also see us there criticizing that bs. Culture and tradition like everything else in the universe evolves. Just like the iphone has evolved over many generations. It's still the same timeless principles at the basic level, but each component has seen incremental upgrades.

The problem with the African man, if I may use this analogy, is he still walks around the world with gadgets built during pre-modern times and refuses to upgrade or evolve.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:02am On Dec 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

When I argue for preservation of African superstitious beliefs, the arguments are made from a position of [size=20pt]culture and identity[/size]
, rather than religious ones. [size=20pt]That's why on a thread about juju and black magic, you'd also see us there criticizing that bs[/size]. Culture and tradition like everything else in the universe evolves.

You are not making any sense .
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by eposho: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Most beautiful/ brilliant/INDEPT/ look @ our society. When I read in the 80s I took it for granted.
Never again.
Achebe/ rip.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You are not making any sense .
What is culture? What is religion?

1 Like

Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

What is culture? What is religion?

African culture when it comes to traditional beliefs is the reverence/acknowledgement of their gods - religion .

Religion is an important part of culture . Take away the religion in the African culture then I'm not sure what you have . Oh here's a confirmation:

Culture is the characteristics and knowledge of a particular group of people, defined by everything from language, religion, cuisine, social habits, music and arts.

Religion is meant to be practiced . When its practiced it then serves as an identity . One's culture is one's identity .

SO fighting against the religion whilst preserving the culture just doesn't make sense .

Its not fun to be an African atheist at all sad
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

African culture when it comes to traditional beliefs is the reverence/acknowledgement of their gods - religion .
.....Religion is an important part of culture . Take way the religion in the African culture then I'm not sure what you have . Oh here's a confirmation:
Don't be silly. There's more to culture than religion. You think Christians in Uganda and the US pray alike? Is Islam practiced the same way in Turkey as it is in Saudi Arabia?

I remember a blind cat I once owned. You remind me of it sometimes, the only problem is you do not realize and may never realize you are. If you had read that book, you'd know there was a system of government the Igbos practiced before the white men set foot. We also had market days, and an indigenous calendar. Yes, to an extent, religion influences culture, but it remains a subset of culture. Culture has more influence on religion and how it is practiced than religion has on culture.

KingEbukasBlog:

Religion is meant to be practiced . When its practiced it then serves as an identity . One's culture is one's identity . SO fighting against the religion whilst preserving the culture just doesn't make sense .
I agree with you that religion is meant to be practiced in the same way cooking and coding is my hobby. But to say my identity comes from what I practice is just pure silliness. So you had no prior identity before you became a Christian?

KingEbukasBlog:

Its not fun to be an African atheist at all sad
Oh it is. Real fun.
Re: #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Don't be silly. There's more to culture than religion. You think Christians in Uganda and the US pray alike? Is Islam practiced the same way in Turkey as it is in Saudi Arabia?

I just said religion is an important part of culture

I remember a blind cat I once owned. You remind me of it sometimes, the only problem is you do not realize and may never realize you are. If you had read that book, you'd know there was a system of government the Igbos practiced before the white men set foot. We also had market days, and an indigenous calendar. Yes, to an extent, religion influences culture, but it remains a subset of culture. Culture has more influence on religion and how it is practiced than religion has on culture.

I agree with you that religion is meant to be practiced in the same way cooking and coding is my hobby. But to say my identity comes from what I practice is just pure silliness. So you had no prior identity before you became a Christian?

Actually most if not all African cultures are centered on religion . Here is what you said :

When I argue for preservation of African superstitious beliefs, the arguments are made from a position of culture and identity, rather than religious ones. That's why on a thread about juju and black magic, you'd also see us there criticizing that bs

If you argue for the preservation of African superstitious beliefs then you do not need to criticize juju and black magic . The perpetual use of these things sustains the belief

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mysterious Secrets Of The Dark Kingdom / What Will Happen To Those Who Have No Knowledge Of The Gospel ? / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.