Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? (833 Views)

"Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife / Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Is New Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? by scully95: 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
According to Punch Publication, the new Ooni of Ife said, “I have no regrets whatsoever for kneeling down to exalt the almighty God who did not only create me, but also kept me alive, saw me through all the storms in my, life-journey and eventually crowned me as the custodian of Oodua race.”
Olodumare/Eledumare created heavens and Earth, sent Orunmila to creat Ile Ife (The Earth). The first Ooni of Ife and the rest were regarded as “Igbakeji Orisa“, the custodian of all Irunmoles and Oodua race according to Yoruba Mythology.

What does the New Ooni of Ife mean when he said, "he's the Custodian of Oodua race but not of Irunmoles/Gods/Orisas ?

Some would argue that Real Yoruba Oba (king) doesn’t attend church just like King of Saudi Arabia and Emperor of Japan will never worship at any other place than Mosques and Temples respectively. Queen of England is the head of Anglican church worldwide. Ooni of Ife is the second in command of all Olorisas worldwide and is regarded as Orisa himself whenever he puts on his Ade Ori (Crown).
Some also said, “there’s is no reason for Ooni to worship at any other place than the Shrines and Temples of Obatala, Oduduwa, Ogun, Orunmila and other numerous Irunmoles that descended at Oke-Ora, Ile-Ife.

“There should be no compromise on the part of the newly elect Ooni, the ADIMULA, the savior of the Yoruba race to attend any church or mosque. He must not compromise his mandate unless his dynasty has been conquered by the Queen, the head of the Anglican church.”
Is it an Abormination to be leader of Oodua race but not be the second in command of all the Inrumoles in Yoruba Mythology ?

Ooni Of Ife is not the Igbakeji of Oyinbo Jesus, See Why (Access to Information is Powerful)
Information is Powerful
To those who are supporting the Ooni of Ife, this is how the idea of divine right of kings works:
In the Yorubaland, Olodumare is the mythological father, and the Ooni Adimula is his vicar on earth.
In Ancient Egypt, Ausar (i.e. Osiris) was the mythological father. The SUN, personified by Heru (I.e. Horus), was Ausar’s visible manifestation on earth, and the pharaoh was Ausar’s vicar on earth.

In Ptolemaic Egypt, Serapis (i.e. Osiris + Apis bull) was the mythological father, and the Ptolemaic pharaoh was his vicar on earth.
In the Roman system, Jesus (i.e. an adaption of Serapis) was the mythological father. He was also his own visible manifestation on earth as the SUN, personified as the SON, and the Pope is his vicar on earth.

The Anglican system is the same as the Roman system except that the Queen is the vicar of Christ on earth.
In conclusion, the doctrine of divine right of kings is relative to one’s environment and culture. The Ooni of Ife is the Adimula Igbakeji Orisa n’la. The Ooni is not the Igbakeji of Oyinbo Jesus, for Oyinbo Jesus and Olodumare are not synonymous at all.
It’s Oba Ogunwusi’s prerogative to praise and worship whoever he wants but not in his capacity as the Ooni of Ife, the Arole Oduduwa.
We call upon all the Yoruba kingmakers to desist from enthroning intellectual infants as Obas.
Ifa D.
Is it Polically Correct To Say that the new Ooni Of Ife is 3 in 1 ?
and if so, would it not be okay to stay out of the main 3 just for the sake of peace and to prevent conflict of interest or better still visit Ifa Chief priest or shrine and later Mosque just for the sake of peace ?

The last Ooni of Ife did not show himself like this new one.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? by benedictnsi(m): 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Lol....... Trinity grin
Re: Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? by ibkgab001: 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
Leave the yougest King alone
Re: Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? by Ayt27(m): 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
If the ooni decides to worship a God from idea, that his choice. So you deliberating that he wasn't in the capacity to do so,holds no weight over his actions.
Re: Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? by RealAdewole(m): 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
there will always be difference bet 21st century monarch and 19th or 20th one
Re: Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? by Mologi(m): 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
That one na una wahala...wen he was born,was he not attending church?
Re: Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? by tpiar: 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
Are you people trying to install two Oonis in Ife, one for ATR and one for the regular office?

please shut it already with all this nitpicking. The office preceded you and likewise you are not going to bring it down.
Re: Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? by 2prexios: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2015
scully95:
According to Punch Publication, the new Ooni of Ife said, “I have no regrets whatsoever for kneeling down to exalt the almighty God who did not only create me, but also kept me alive, saw me through all the storms in my, life-journey and eventually crowned me as the custodian of Oodua race.”
Olodumare/Eledumare created heavens and Earth, sent Orunmila to creat Ile Ife (The Earth). The first Ooni of Ife and the rest were regarded as “Igbakeji Orisa“, the custodian of all Irunmoles and Oodua race according to Yoruba Mythology.

What does the New Ooni of Ife mean when he said, "he's the Custodian of Oodua race but not of Irunmoles/Gods/Orisas ?

Some would argue that Real Yoruba Oba (king) doesn’t attend church just like King of Saudi Arabia and Emperor of Japan will never worship at any other place than Mosques and Temples respectively. Queen of England is the head of Anglican church worldwide. Ooni of Ife is the second in command of all Olorisas worldwide and is regarded as Orisa himself whenever he puts on his Ade Ori (Crown).
Some also said, “there’s is no reason for Ooni to worship at any other place than the Shrines and Temples of Obatala, Oduduwa, Ogun, Orunmila and other numerous Irunmoles that descended at Oke-Ora, Ile-Ife.

“There should be no compromise on the part of the newly elect Ooni, the ADIMULA, the savior of the Yoruba race to attend any church or mosque. He must not compromise his mandate unless his dynasty has been conquered by the Queen, the head of the Anglican church.”
Is it an Abormination to be leader of Oodua race but not be the second in command of all the Inrumoles in Yoruba Mythology ?

Ooni Of Ife is not the Igbakeji of Oyinbo Jesus, See Why (Access to Information is Powerful)
Information is Powerful
To those who are supporting the Ooni of Ife, this is how the idea of divine right of kings works:
In the Yorubaland, Olodumare is the mythological father, and the Ooni Adimula is his vicar on earth.
In Ancient Egypt, Ausar (i.e. Osiris) was the mythological father. The SUN, personified by Heru (I.e. Horus), was Ausar’s visible manifestation on earth, and the pharaoh was Ausar’s vicar on earth.

In Ptolemaic Egypt, Serapis (i.e. Osiris + Apis bull) was the mythological father, and the Ptolemaic pharaoh was his vicar on earth.
In the Roman system, Jesus (i.e. an adaption of Serapis) was the mythological father. He was also his own visible manifestation on earth as the SUN, personified as the SON, and the Pope is his vicar on earth.

The Anglican system is the same as the Roman system except that the Queen is the vicar of Christ on earth.
In conclusion, the doctrine of divine right of kings is relative to one’s environment and culture. The Ooni of Ife is the Adimula Igbakeji Orisa n’la. The Ooni is not the Igbakeji of Oyinbo Jesus, for Oyinbo Jesus and Olodumare are not synonymous at all.
It’s Oba Ogunwusi’s prerogative to praise and worship whoever he wants but not in his capacity as the Ooni of Ife, the Arole Oduduwa.
We call upon all the Yoruba kingmakers to desist from enthroning intellectual infants as Obas.
Ifa D.
Is it Polically Correct To Say that the new Ooni Of Ife is 3 in 1 ?
and if so, would it not be okay to stay out of the main 3 just for the sake of peace and to prevent conflict of interest or better still visit Ifa Chief priest or shrine and later Mosque just for the sake of peace ?

The last Ooni of Ife did not show himself like this new one.

you people put too many lies in place to make the man larger than life,

he has shown you all are lies and he's human after all.

The days of mystery are gone, an epoch of truth and simplicity has started.

let the atheist chairman of Punch sort Yoruba history out once and for all.

he did it for Punch he can do it for Yoruba land.

Oun e ri e wi, oun e ri e ro,
Ogunwusi seun epe ko se.

You asked him to be Ooni, he obliged, now you still want to dictate his choices.

Leave him to the irumoles.

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Rites The Next Oba Of Benin Must Go Through Before Coronation / What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated / Sultan Blasts Igbo Leaders Over Accusation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.