Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) (23928 Views)

Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / Fatal Accident At Abuja Junction, Kaduna (Disturbing Photos) / Explosion Of Gas Truck In Ogun State Yesterday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by Opoki(m): 10:53am On Dec 19, 2015
May God protect us.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by PunterTim(m): 10:53am On Dec 19, 2015
Shortyy:
OK. Good for you
Your Full Lips Are Kissable
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by refiner(f): 10:54am On Dec 19, 2015
na nw u no say u go give Ur life to Christ....Wat if u had died(God forbid)wat wuld av been Ur fate?
my God is always Faithful
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by tpppi: 10:57am On Dec 19, 2015
Thank God for sparing your life.Second chance by ur maker.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by Fraih(f): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2015
This is a Testimony!
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by yhemsy62(m): 11:12am On Dec 19, 2015
I av swear never to enter dat G.U.O motor again in my life. Imagine traveling from Aba to Lagos without extra tyre
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by lonelydora: 11:14am On Dec 19, 2015
Go do thanksgiving brother. That road has claimed more lives than you think.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by ajetunde: 11:15am On Dec 19, 2015
Your driver would be charged for manslaughter if someone had died from this accident, he should be arrested actually. He out a lot of lives at risk, the cost of fixing brakes is not even worth one goat or cow.

How you all knew and still decided to go on with the trip is beyond me. SMH.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by lonelydora: 11:17am On Dec 19, 2015
whirlwind7:
You guys departed from Owerri by 6pm. That means it was a night journey.
That people who put any value to their lives still travel at night in this country, is beyond me.

This should give you an inkling of what goes on. Why would a sensible driver still travel at night with faulty brakes, carrying over 50 souls on board?
Perhaps I'm overreacting.
And perhaps you will still go on a night trip after this. It's your life sha.

My brother, most people in Northern part of the country believes night travel is the best. Those days, they always advise me not to take morning buses to the east because I will be stressed out, that night is the best. I only shake my head for them.

1 Like

Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by Vikky014(f): 11:18am On Dec 19, 2015
holyFRED:
Join me in appreciating God for my life and the life of others.

We left Owerri enroute Kaduna a day before yesterday at about 6pm in a G.U.O luxurious bus.

We never had an idea we were travelling with a very faulty car. We only noticed after we passed Onitsha and stopped at a gas station to re-fill.

From here(Onitsha) till we got to Lokoja,we travelled without functioning brakes(the driver had to improvise with the clutch when necessary). At Lokoja,the driver had to fixthe brakes himself and after like an hour or so,we continued on our way to Abuja where we had the accident(Zuba precicely).

Our bus ran into a trailer and a small car.
Although we came down fine and uninjured,many people were bleading in the car we hit.

The driver's ability to control and park the car was described as a miracle by eye witnesses but we still thank God for everything.

P.S: I've given my life to christ today grin grin

Cc: Lalasticala
Thank God for ur life
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by fluffybaby(f): 11:22am On Dec 19, 2015
See how the driver nearly killed people.
Something that could be avoided Yet he went ahead to do it anyway and in the end God is to be blamed or thanked depending on the outcome of mans stupidity.
Innocent people almost payed the price with their lives. This is just sad.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by noleon22(m): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2015
Didn't even know that people still travel from the peacefull eastern part of Nigeria to the crisis raden northern part, @ night for that matter too! OK OOH

1 Like

Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by olajide8(m): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2015
holyFRED:

We left Owerri enroute Kaduna a day before yesterday at about 6pm in a G.U.O luxurious bus.

We never had an idea we were travelling with a very faulty car. We only noticed after we passed Onitsha and stopped at a gas station to re-fill.

From here(Onitsha) till we got to Lokoja,we travelled without functioning brakes(the driver had to improvise with the clutch when necessary). At Lokoja,the driver had to fixthe brakes himself and after like an hour or so,we continued on our way to Abuja where we had the accident(Zuba precicely).

Although we came down fine and uninjured,many people were bleading in the car we hit.

The driver's ability to control and park the car was described as a miracle by eye witnesses but we still thank God for everything.

Now this is serious, wha is a function of VIO and FRSC, its only private car owner they would be chasing for particulars and drivers license misplaced priorities -
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by pedrilo: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
Wat nonsense! We r so wicked in dis country! U r here tankin God none of d passengers in d faulty luxurious was injured but the innocent people u guys rammed into were bleedin profusely! I am angry! I expect all of u inside the luxurious to bleed instead while innocent road users r saved because all of u guys inside the luxurious r so daft to hav allowed a faulty bus continue on d road at nyt for dat mata, puttin ur lives and that of other road users in jeopardy
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by ireke(m): 11:43am On Dec 19, 2015
In a real world, people like the driver and their employer will be charged with recklessly endangering other people's lives. They will be made to pay for damages to lives and property (public & private) as applicable. Their insurers will sweat and their financial bottom line will feel the heat.

This is one of the reasons I'm still considering reading law.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by repogirl(f): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2015
Una enter bus with no brakes.? Hmm..una get mind sha ooo shocked
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by Adamma22(f): 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
I hate this vehicle lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by HermajestyQ(f): 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
Thank God for u o! I saw d accident on my way to Kaduna on thursday. I still prayed for survivors today. God will help us.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by armadeo(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
See folks here thanking God for saving the op and his travel group from harm following their poor decision making skills.

If the car had killed somebody else you all will still be here saying thank God and go on another thread to say RIP to the dead.

Myopes.

Always have a holistic view.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by adevictory: 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
Glory be to God in the highest, for his protection upon you all
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by Alexisu: 2:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
God help us all, especially those of us travelling for the festive season.
We will see the end of 2015 in Jesus name. Amen.
Accident is not our portion.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by chidisco2012: 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
i no what cause the accident it happen cause the brake was not fix properly. According to what he say he said it hit a car and a trailer why cos the brake cut again making the driver to hit the bus.if u wan enter bus pls enter clean and brand new one
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2015
U should stop taking these antiquated luxury buses, they were never safe in the first so unstable and prone to road mishaps, they don't even operate in states with single lane roads.

Thanks forsharing with us, GUO is a red flag , to be avoidedn
All this ogwo ego transpoters they want to recharge their accounts, Holy Ghost Fire!
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by Obiwannn: 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2015
holyFRED:

Thank God for your life oh..
Gone are the days where I go dey pray every time I travel because of fear of road accident.
Tchai, Naija...I believe we will get there sha...when? I dunt know. Probably not in this generation.
Re: How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos) by Edohe(m): 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2015
We thank God for his mercy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Trafficked Nigerian Lady, Omowumi Rhoda, repatriated / 2023 World Safest Airlines Rankings / Canadian Government Rejects Kaduna Airport, Warns Citizens Against Using It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.