Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,657 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist (4486 Views)

UPDATE: Rivers State Election Tribunal - Gov. Wike Gave N100m To Justice Muazu / Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson / How Tinubu And Wike Gave Sgf And C.o.s To The North. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by jaylister(m): 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
Some of the dreaded Niger Delta militants, who accepted the Federal Government’s Amnesty, have been elected into the Rivers State House of Assembly, HYGIST can authoritatively report.
The late President Musa Yar’Adua had in 2009 signed a Proclamation granting Amnesty to Niger Delta militants, who agreed to lay down their arms and embrace peace.
The deal offered an unconditional pardon and cash payments to fighters who surrendered their arms and assembled at screening centers located in many parts of the oil-rich region within 60 days.
It targeted up to 10,000 militants whose attacks in the six Niger Delta states cost the country a third of its oil production and revenue.
The amnesty which came to effect on Thursday, August 6, 2009, saw militant commanders, including Government Ekpemukpolo, alias Tompolo, Sogboma George, Ateke Tom, Farah Dagogo, Ebikabowei Ben, alias Boyloaf, Kile Selky Torughedie, alias the Young Shall Grow; surrendering their arms and returning to normal life outside the creeks.
But based on the result of last Saturday’s election released by the state Returning Officer, Faraday Orumwense, a professor of Material Engineering, the ex-militants are among the 25 candidates of the People’s Democratic Party, who won the poll.
The ruling All Progressives Congress was only able to win a seat in the 32-members state legislature.
Citing widespread irregularities and violence, Mr. Orumwense declared elections in six state constituencies inconclusive.
Among those who will be making laws for the oil-rich state are Farah Dagogo, an ex-general of a dreaded militant group.
Mr. Dagogo, an indigene of Tombia community was dragged into the race by the Degema Political Front, a frontline political group and he will be representing Degema State Constituency in the assembly.
Adoki Tonye Smart, who will be representing Port Harcourt 11 State Constituency in the new assembly was a former field commander and second in command to Soboma George.
Late Mr. George was a dreaded militant leader who was shot by a rival gang in the Old Port Harcourt Township, months after he accepted the government’s amnesty.
Chisom Promise Dike, who won the Oyigbo State Constituency seat in the assembly, is a strong ally of Ateke Tom, a self-styled General of the erstwhile Niger Delta Vigilante Forces.
Mr. Tom, now referred to as the godfather, has become an institution of sorts in Ijaw politics and has strong influence in Okrika land.
He even contested the PDP gubernatorial primary in the state but was trounced by Nyesom Wike.
Kelechi Nwogu, who will be returning to the assembly to represent Omuma State Constituency, is said to have strong links with some of the ex-fighters in the region.
Evans Bipi, the factional speaker of the 7th Assembly, who was chased out of the chamber while attempting to impeach Governor Rotimi Amaechi, with five other lawmakers, will be returning to the house to represent Ogu/Bolo State Constituency.
Mr. Bipi is a relation to Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, and is also said to have strong links with Mr. Tom and other militant leaders in the region.
It was the House Leader, Chidi Lloyds, who stopped Mr. Bipi and his accomplices from going ahead with the plot to illegally remove Mr. Amaechi from office.
Mr. Lloyds had used the fake mace brought in by Mr. Bipi to thoroughly beat up and chase away the anti-Amaechi lawmakers from the floor of the assembly in 2013.
Mr. Lloyds, a strong supporter and friend of the state Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, did not return to the assembly. After the resignation of Mr Ikunyi Owaji Ibani as the Chief Speaker of the house yesterday wike replaced him with Victor Adams from the Okrika constituency. Victor Adams who is also a strong ex-militant under the umbrella of Daddy Ateke Tom.

When I say Daddy Ateke don’t get it twisted, cause it is the name all PDP members rivers do call him. Ateke is also appointed as the care taker chairman of Okirika LGA by wike, among others; Sobomabo Jackrich popularly called Egberi Papa is in charge of Asari Toru LGA, Chief (Hon.) Tonye Tyger is in charge of Delga Local Government. All are Ex-militants, Wike did this for reasons best known to him.

Source: http://www.hygist.com/2015/12/list-of-ex-militants-gov-wike-gave.html

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by babyfaceafrica: 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
K
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by madridguy(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
Buratai over to you.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by budusky05(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
I pity my people, how do you expect such a state to humanly, infrastructure, education, social welfare/ well-being to develop? How do u expect sustainable democracy to flourish?

Front page moods abeg

1 Like

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by hungryboy(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
You will be very wrong to believe that this guys handed over all their weapons to the army in exchange for amnesty,
This guys were never freedom fighters or activists in the first place,
This guys were and are still are thugs and thieves,
The are responsible for the upsurge in cultism, kidnapping and bunkering and other vices that are going on in our region,
And the have thousands of touts at their beck and call

4 Likes

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by DaBullIT(m): 1:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
true
hungryboy:
You will be very wrong to believe that this guys handed over all their weapons to the army in exchange for amnesty,
The are responsible for the upsurge in cultism, kidnapping and bunkering and other vices that are going on in our region,

1 Like

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by Sinmi53(m): 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
hungryboy:
what is dis one saying.... dey wir never activist...but dir agitation and struggle led to a profound positive influence on their people,they may b thugs following dem but their struggle was legitimate and wen d federal govt was ready to negotiate and come to dir terms sud dey keep on fighting...it is den dat dey will become thugs as u implied
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by jaylister(m): 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
hmmm?
Sinmi53:

what is dis one saying.... dey wir never activist...but dir agitation and struggle led to a profound positive influence on their people,they may b thugs following dem but their struggle was legitimate and wen d federal govt was ready to negotiate and come to dir terms sud dey keep on fighting...it is den dat dey will become thugs as u implied
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by HopeAtHand: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
Make i buy dis plot of land, incase development reach this side.

1 Like

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by jaylister(m): 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2015
i feel like buying my own too
HopeAtHand:
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
I've been avoiding threads of this topic since yesterday and have been trying not to comment on them.

The op and his band of deranged fellows spewing trash up there ought be confined to padded rooms in Uselu or faraway Yaba, if they've got spaces.

It's either you all have gone mad with hate or have lost your senses to bileful partisan politics.

The people in question are bonafide citizens of Rivers state who have got every prerogative to enjoy the perks that comes with the virtue of their citizenship including the right to be elected into public offices.
They're citizens and as such, are worthy to be where they're today.

They're designated ex militants today because of the failure of the Nigerian government.
In fact, they're as bonafide as every other alternatives you feel are on ground for any elective or whatever stake.

If your anger is that they were former militants, may I reiterate that you should channel your greviances to your failed government? If the gov was where it ought be, they wouldn't have been where they went and likely wouldn't be here today.
If they're opportunists, then, {no}thanks to the opportunities that were created by the unjust treatment of the goose.

1 Like

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by Ewizard(m): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
hygist??

really high indeeed.

mtchew! undecided
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by Gayigaskia(m): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
SO they keep castigating the North as almajiri sates while they are not using their Doctors and Professors to develop their regions. Instead the whole south south is governed by thugs bullies and assassins negating development of the region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by Tinubutoto: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
budusky05:
I pity my people, how do you expect such a state to humanly, infrastructure, education, social welfare/ well-being to develop? How do u expect sustainable democracy to flourish?

Front page moods abeg
pls without asking for yo state because it's a waste of time, Rivers State flourishes in infrastructural development than yo state. yo brown roof state. common get out of here. numu me ne gha ni?

1 Like

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by jaylister(m): 6:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
that is absolutely true, am here in rivers but.....
Tinubutoto:

pls without asking for yo state because it's a waste of time, Rivers State flourishes in infrastructural development than yo state. yo brown roof state. common get out of here. numu me ne gha ni?
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by Adminisher: 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
hungryboy:

Mama Peace as a governor's wife used to dole cash to militants all over Bayelsa. It is not surprising for an Okirika woman. This militancy and cultism encouraged by the PDP is going to ruin the Niger Delta states. In the next five years the place would be worse than the North East.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by jaylister(m): 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
ok o
Adminisher:

Mama Peace as a governor's wife used to dole cash to militants all over Bayelsa. It is not surprising for an Okirika woman. This militancy and cultism encouraged by the PDP is going to ruin the Niger Delta states. In the next five years the place would be worse than the North East.
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by Dukeratata: 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
Wetin concern me

1 Like

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by sammyj: 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2015
If Wike likes let him give them huggis they are all goner! !!
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by ibietela2(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
This useless blogger should tell us how wike gave power to ex militants because last I checked he was not in charge of inec..... I don't know why foolish hungry guys just because of some adsense cents come up with rubbish stories.....
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by jaylister(m): 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
was it inec that appointed jackrich, ateke too, before u abuse read the whole content.
ibietela2:
This useless blogger should tell us how wike gave power to ex militants because last I checked he was not in charge of inec..... I don't know why foolish hungry guys just because of some adsense cents come up with rubbish stories.....

2 Likes

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by preciousjun(m): 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
HopeAtHand:
I need to buy too, hope is cheap?
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by criminalmindz: 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
All set for apc, make them come rig rivers election if them get mind
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by LasgidyPort: 2:15am On Dec 20, 2015
blizard44:
I've been avoiding threads of this topic since yesterday and have been trying not to comment on them.

The op and his band of deranged fellows spewing trash up there ought be confined to padded rooms in Uselu or faraway Yaba, if they've got spaces.

It's either you all have gone mad with hate or have lost your senses to bileful partisan politics.

The people in question are bonafide citizens of Rivers state who have got every prerogative to enjoy the perks that comes with the virtue of their citizenship including the right to be elected into public offices.
They're citizens and as such, are worthy to be where they're today.

They're designated ex militants today because of the failure of the Nigerian government.
In fact, they're as bonafide as every other alternatives you feel are on ground for any elective or whatever stake.

If your anger is that they were former militants, may I reiterate that you should channel your greviances to your failed government? If the gov was where it ought be, they wouldn't have been where they went and likely wouldn't be here today.
If they're opportunists, then, {no}thanks to the opportunities that were created by the unjust treatment of the goose.

It is u that actually sounds deranged. Instead of u to table ur points, u re being insultive to the OP. No wonder u are supporting those gangsters. You sound like one yourself.

And wait a minute, why do some of you always shout 'hate' at the mention of little criticism. It sounds so silly and cowardly.

For your information, it is the future that actions of today manifests. The OP is concerned about the future.

You are very correct, they are bonafide members of the state. But the foundation is being set for a wild wild Rivers.

We also have millions of other educated and rationale citizens of the state, that would have been a far better option than these guys.

Go and look at South American countries that made the mistake of elevating thugs and gangsters into government. The result was failure in governance with daily violence.

The result is a continued supremacy battle by rival groups and highly congested prisons. The result is daily deaths.

These guys are not states' men. They are touts and opportunists. They daily recruit thousands into their violent groups to deepen & entrench their power.

And the main challenge is not about their history as militants, it is about their modus operandi. They are selfish and empower only their own! People of similar violent mindset.

They are very violent and rule by violence. They are bullies, who does not believe in 'live n let live'.

They have the mindset of subjugating people in their area of influence.

Once you are not among, you are susceptible to be maltreated. And now when they get too powerful, the security agencies will always dance to their tune and will make them to get away with a lot of atrocities.

Before u know it now, these gangsters will be the ones setting the order of things for even the well educated in the society.

Before one knows it, they will become role models to youths, who'll believe violence and brigandage is a way of life to be successful.

Any society that wants to prosper always push forward their very best. Those who push forward their best thugs always regrets it in the future.

1 Like

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by jaylister(m): 3:01am On Dec 20, 2015
dont mind him, they say the truth is always bitter in the ears of lairs
LasgidyPort:

It is u that actually sounds deranged. Instead of u to table ur points, u re being insultive to the OP. No wonder u are supporting those gangsters. You sound like one yourself.

And wait a minute, why do some of you always shout 'hate' at the mention of little criticism. It sounds so silly and cowardly.

For your information, it is the future that actions of today manifests. The OP is concerned about the future.

You are very correct, they are bonafide members of the state. But the foundation is being set for a wild wild Rivers.

We also have millions of other educated and rationale citizens of the state, that would have been a far better option than these guys.

Go and look at South American countries that made the mistake of elevating thugs and gangsters into government. The result was failure in governance with daily violence.

The result is a continued supremacy battle by rival groups and highly congested prisons. The result is daily deaths.

These guys are not states' men. They are touts and opportunists. They daily recruit thousands into their violent groups to deepen & entrench their power.

And the main challenge is not about their history as militants, it is about their modus operandi. They are selfish and empower only their own! People of similar violent mindset.

They are very violent and rule by violence. They are bullies, who does not believe in 'live n let live'.

Once you are not among, you are susceptible to be maltreated. And now when they get too powerful, the security agencies will always dance to their tune and will make them to get away with a lot of atrocities.

Before u know it now, these gangsters will be the ones setting the order of things for even the well educated in the society.

Before one knows it, they will become role models to youths, who'll believe violence and brigandage is a way of life to be successful.

Any society that wants to prosper always push forward their very best. Those who push forward their best thugs always regrets it in the future.
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by ibietela2(m): 6:43am On Dec 20, 2015
jaylister:
was it inec that appointed jackrich, ateke too, before u abuse read the whole content.

I don't waste my time reading BULLSHITS from the useless bloggers cooked up by their yoruba paymaster
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by ibietela2(m): 6:44am On Dec 20, 2015
LasgidyPort:

Why not worry about the future of your state and let us worry about ours?

1 Like

Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by jaylister(m): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2015
and why do you think the problem in hand will affect only the people of rivers
ibietela2:

Why not worry about the future of your state and let us worry about ours?
Re: List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist by ibietela2(m): 7:16am On Dec 20, 2015
jaylister:
and why do you think the problem in hand will affect only the people of rivers

Are they causing any problem to you? If they are go and report them to the police....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ese Oruru Abduction ; The Lies, Denials And "Padded Facts". PICTURES. / Whilst You Are Spreading Hatred See Picture Of Yoruba & Igbo ... / 44 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.