Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

O' Level Result Required For Employment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / O' Level Result Required For Employment (1138 Views)

Vacancy: Name A Job Role You Wish Was Available For Employment / Oil And Gas Job Opportunities Is Here (both Graduates & O Level) / O' Level Result Required For Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

O' Level Result Required For Employment by DebateNigeria: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,
Compliments of the season.
A friend's WAEC result is as follows:
Agric - B2
Biology - A1
Chemistry - B3
Mathematics - B2
English - B2
Government- C4
Economics - C4
Geography - C5

Physics was not listed in his certificate because it was cancelled.
He took WAEC the following year to enable him study pharmacy because he needed the Physics to gain admission.
His WAEC result for the following year was as follows:
Agric - A1
Biology - A1
Chemistry - B2
Physics - B3
Mathematics - B3
English- E8
Commerce - C4
Economics -B3
Geography - B3

This time he failed English. So he combined both results to study pharmacy. Now he is a pharmacist and looking for job. He is of the opinion that he can use the first WAEC result since he has maths and English with 6 other credits (just that physics was cancelled and did not appear in the certificate). I am of the opinion that he must keep combining both since he studied a science course in school.
Nairalanders please I need your opinion on this, particularly human resource persons in house... You can help shed more light on this.
Is the criteria 5 credits which must include maths and English or the core subjects used in seeking admission must be complete (in the case of pharmacy: English, maths, physics, biology and chemistry).

Cc: lalasticala Seun ishilove
Mods please move to front page and to the right section. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: O' Level Result Required For Employment by Trunaijian: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
Let him use the 1st result. And if he is asked about physics, let him explain and tender the second one. If I were to employ, I would consider the first one.

1 Like

Re: O' Level Result Required For Employment by DebateNigeria: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2015
Trunaijian:
Let him use the 1st result. And if he is asked about physics, let him explain and tender the second one. If I were to employ, I would consider the first one.
Thanks. So there is really no need for him to combine results since he passed English and Mathematics.
Re: O' Level Result Required For Employment by Trunaijian: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
DebateNigeria:

Thanks. So there is really no need for him to combine results since he passed English and Mathematics.
Exactly.

(1) (Reply)

Online Medical consultant Needed Urgently / Help!!! Pls An OND Graduate In Accounting Need A Job / Emiserve Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.