Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,054 members, 7,863,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:04 AM

Chelsea Football Club Confirm Guus Hiddink As first Team manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Football Club Confirm Guus Hiddink As first Team manager (424 Views)

Antonio Conte Sacked By Chelsea Football Club / FC Ifeanyi Ubah Apologizes, Suspends Team Manager For 4 Matches (PRESS RELEASE) / Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Football Club Confirm Guus Hiddink As first Team manager by mathias32(m): 2:41pm On Dec 19, 2015
The owner and the Board welcome back a coach with a wealth of top-level experience and success, including his previous spell with the club in 2009 when we lifted theFA Cup. Mr Abramovich and the Board believe that Guus has what it takesto get the best out of our talented squad.Guus said: 'I am excited to return to Stamford Bridge. Chelsea is one of the biggest clubs in the world but is not where it should be at the moment. However, I am sure we can all turn this season around.‘I am looking forward to working with the players and staff at this great club and especially renewing my wonderful relationship with theChelsea fans.'The Dutchman will be at Stamford Bridge for today’s match but SteveHolland will take control of team matters for the game alongside Eddie Newton, who will now take on the role of assistant first-team coach.Steve has been an important and influential member of the coaching staff since 2009, while Eddie is Chelsea through and through, having served us as a player and acoach, re-joining the club in 2012 and helping us win the Champions League.Guus took temporary charge of Chelsea in February 2009, losing just one league game as we recovered from a poor first half of the season to finish third in the Premier League, guaranteeing Champions League football for thenext campaign and signing off in style thanks to a 2-1 FA Cup win over Everton at Wembley.

Re: Chelsea Football Club Confirm Guus Hiddink As first Team manager by Quadre: 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Chelsea Football Club Confirm Guus Hiddink As first Team manager by Qulink: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
will he coach today's game
Re: Chelsea Football Club Confirm Guus Hiddink As first Team manager by sapientia1(m): 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
I hope he'll be able to replicate the form of 2009, I think he's got a lot to do with these set of players. And I think he should probably be retained as manager if he eventually win anything for Chelsea this season.

(1) (Reply)

Blatter And Platini Banned For 8years - Inside Story / La Liga - Real Madrid Unveils Zinedine Zidane As Head Coach / Nigeria Striker Emmanuel Emenike Signs For West Ham On Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.