Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih (599 Views)

We Won’t Allow You Quit Active Politics yet, Jonathan Tells Anenih / Return Your Loot To Experience Peace – Buhari Tells Looters / Dasukigate: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anennih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih by myners007: 3:18am On Dec 20, 2015
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has called on former Chairman, Board of Trustees, Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Tony Anenih, to return the N260m he allegedly got from the former National Security Adviser Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.) from the $2.1bn recovered Abacha loot meant for arms purchase to fight terrorism.

The governor spoke at a rally organised by the All Progressives Congress to receive prominent PDP leaders, including two former members of the Federal House of Representatives, Patrick Ikhariale and Abbas Braimoh, and their supporters who decamped to the APC on Saturday.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had alleged that the Office of the NSA paid N260m to the former BOT chairman during the 2015 general elections.

Oshiomhole said, “We have seen (that) even the godfather’s name, Tony Anenih, is being mentioned. I want the godfather to deny or confirm it.

“If he wants to refund the money, I will collect it from him and I will go to Abuja without deducting anything from it, and I will hand it over to President Muhammadu Buhari.”

He noted that while the allegation against Anenih was not yet an outcome of any investigation, further probe on the Nigerian Ports Authority, which the former Minister of Works also headed, and the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency would provide more revelations.

Oshiomhole said, “I am sure by the time the NPA book is fully opened, more revelations will come out. By the time they open NIMASA, you will understand how these people helped themselves and their families, and deprived even the activists who helped to make them relevant.

“When it was time for help, they dealt quietly; when it was time to mobilise, they used everybody. And I think this is what President Buhari has done for Nigeria — helping us to understand how old people were eating the grass cutter which the younger boys had gone to the bush to bring home.”

As of the time of filing this report on Saturday, efforts by our correspondent to reach the former works minister were unsuccessful, as he was said to be out of the country.

http://www.punchng.com/arms-scandal-return-your-n260m-share-oshiomhole-tells-anenih/
Re: Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih by Demmocrats(m): 3:50am On Dec 20, 2015
sad angry
Re: Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih by lalaberry(f): 4:11am On Dec 20, 2015
angryb
Re: Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih by guttentag(m): 4:43am On Dec 20, 2015
Oshiomole is the greatest Hypocrite so far
Re: Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih by kidgod: 5:10am On Dec 20, 2015
Yam eaters everywhere

[size=24pt]Kidgod
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih by opalu: 5:14am On Dec 20, 2015
Let him return it but let Oshiomhole talk less.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 20, 2015
What has Oshomole achived with the $75 million?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anenih by Mynd44: 5:57am On Dec 20, 2015

(1)

Photo: Nigeria Looters Be Like / GEJ Admin Vs Buhari's Administration / B.r.e.a.k.i.n.g: This Morning, Bokoharam Attacks Mosque, kills 25!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.