Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate (26312 Views)

Breaking: Court Of Appeal Expels Senator Ighoyota Amori Of The PDP / Oshiomole Is Now A Minister Of Attack – Senator Ighoyota / Senator Ighoyota Amori Marks 63rd Birthday Boat Cruising With Girls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
Xetima:
There is a BIG problem with Nigeria judiciary and I am wondering who is the current Chief Justice of the Federation.
The same card reader that is relevant in Rivers and Akwa-Ibom, is irrelevant in Lagos, Delta, Oyo, etc. This is for an election conducted on the same day. One hopes that the Supreme court has not also been "compromised".

Nigeria we Hail thee oooo!!!
The truth of the matter is that nigerian judiciary is for the highest bidder and cult. If you are not in their cult forget it because they would frustrate you except by divine intervention. Nigeria judiciary is so corrupt that they just fooling themselves
Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2015
Jerrosky1986:
okowa is next to be sacked. victory at last. no more bribery and corruption of the judiciary system.
Forget it it wouldn't work. Nigeria judiciary is a disgrace infact they are collecting more bribe.
Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
fromnigeria:
Anything that would delete PDP completely from Delta is welcomed.
As in I will be happy but not replacing it with APC( Accepted Past Criminals). Any other party is welcomed but not APC or PDP
Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by Aurelius1(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
docadams:

You really know him. He ain't even having it easy in his hometown.
No be Amori? I know him like the back of my hand. I am a pure Warri born.
Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
Xetima:
There is a BIG problem with Nigeria judiciary and I am wondering who is the current Chief Justice of the Federation.
The same card reader that is relevant in Rivers and Akwa-Ibom, is irrelevant in Lagos, Delta, Oyo, etc. This is for an election conducted on the same day. One hopes that the Supreme court has not also been "compromised".

Nigeria we Hail thee oooo!!!
the complains filed were different in each cases....Read about the cases before criticizing....Thank u
Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by gbrown(m): 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
kahal29:
Barely four days after a Court of Appeal sitting in Benin-City, Edo State, dismissed a petition filed by the Delta Central senatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Hon. Halims Agoda, against him over the 2015 general election result, Chief Ighoyota Amori’s victory dance has been cut short by the same Appeal Court.

The Appeal Court on Saturday annulled the election of Amori, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and declared Obariri Ovie Omo-Agege winner of the Labour Party as the winner of the 2015 Delta Central senatorial election. The appellate court annulled the victory of Amori as declared by INEC and upheld by the elections petition tribunal.

THISDAY gathered that gloom enveloped the camp of Amori, a one-time education commissioner in Delta State as his victory dance over the Appeal Court’s earlier verdict has become short-lived.

Dismissing the appeal of Agoda earlier in the week in the unanimous judgment, Justice H. Barka held that the use of manual accreditation was legal, adding that card readers were meant to complement manual accreditation. Barka said, over voting could only be said to have taken place if the number of votes cast was more than what was in the voters register and “not card readers.”

The judge also dismissed claims of the APC candidate of election violence and argument that the conduct of the election by INEC did not substantially comply with the provision of the Electoral Act.

Meanwhile, the victory dance yesterday night shifted to the camp of Omo-Agege, a one-time secretary to the Delta State Government (SSG) and chieftain of the PDP until his defection to the Labour Party before the 2014 general election.

With the victory of Omo-Agege, the number of PDP senators in Delta State has been reduced from three to two, that is, Senator James Manager representing Delta South and Peter Nwaoboshi who represents Delta North district.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/omo-agege-of-labour-party-replaces-amori-in-senate/228457/
CONGRATS TO SENATOR AGEGE BREAD WHOOPS! SORRY OH! I MEANT OMO AGEGE
Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by coldett: 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
shepherd77:
Lobatan

A guilty person in your eyes could be regarded as a good person in the eyes of the law. It all depends on how the plaintiff/defending counsel presents the case at the court of law. The Judge could consult different sources before reading his judgement. It could be by precedents, statutes or acceptable moral values in the society. Tell him.
KingEli:
the complains filed were different in each cases....Read about the cases before criticizing....Thank u
shepherd77:
Lobatan

Tell him.
Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by kahal29: 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Eziachi:
In law, due to various technicalities, every case is decided on it's merit. That's why the card reader maybe relevant in one case and then irrelevant in another until such a time manual accreditation is totally faced out. The reasons the APC candidate was in court may vary with the reason the Labour party candidate was.
This is what lay people do not understand.

Thank you my broda. You just spoke my mind.
Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by docadams: 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
Aurelius1:
No be Amori? I know him like the back of my hand. I am a pure Warri born.

They really bleeped up Delta state.

1 Like

Re: Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate by Gaskia: 1:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
PassingShot:
Why has there been too many inconsistencies in judgement on the last election?

The Nigerian judiciary is not speaking in one voice.

In one case, you say the card reader is required, in another you say it's not required.

Maka why?

If you are a student of history, you will begin to fear that this is a recipie for anarchy or that this may provoke the opposition into extreme resistance and the ruling govt. into extreme brutality that may turn the govt. into tyrants and the opposition into anarchists. I pray for my country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Announces Free Rail Ride On Lagos-Ibadan Route / Wike To Ikwerres, Let No One Intimidate You, we’re Not 2nd Class Citizens(video) / Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.