Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,420 members, 7,861,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

Dogara To Nigerians: 2016 Budget Will Take Care Of Apc’s Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara To Nigerians: 2016 Budget Will Take Care Of Apc’s Promises (660 Views)

APC Promises ‘igbo Presidency’, Vows To Bury PDP / Buhari With Ita-Giwa: Says, "2017 Budget Will Not Be Padded Under My Watch" / 11 Lawmakers Drag Dogara To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara To Nigerians: 2016 Budget Will Take Care Of Apc’s Promises by dont8(m): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2015
Bode Gbadebo:

Speaker Dogora

Ahead of the presentationof the 2016 Budget by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, has called on Nigerians to exercise more patience with the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led government, saying that Nigerians will soon begin to reap dividends of the promises made by the ruling party when the 2016 Budget is passed into law.

Dogara, who said that the APC-led government inherited an empty treasury and a battered nation, added that the last six months cannot be used to judge the performance of the present administration under Buhari.

A statement issued by the Speaker’s special adviser on media and public affairs, Turaki Hassan yesterday and obtained by LEADERSHIP Sunday, said Dogara spoke when he paid a visit to the Emir of Misau in Bauchi state, Alhaji Ahmed Suleiman, in his palace.

He noted that President Buhari is facing enormous challenges but that he is determined to surmount those challenges.

Nigeria, according to the Speaker, is passing through difficult times and that the citizens need to show more understanding and patience as damages done to the country will take time to be fixed.

The Speaker told the traditional ruler that the 2016 Budget will soon be presented by the President while assuring that the Appropriation Bill will contain the APC campaign promises for the masses.

Dogara argued that it is only after the budget is implemented and government fails to deliver, that the citizens would have the right to criticize.

“We cannot afford to disappoint you and the mandate you gave us. Give us and the President maximum support and we shall not disappoint you,” he said.

According to him, “change is a gradual process, with patience we will bring the desired change and development you clamoured for”.

Responding, Emir Suleiman expressed gratitude to the Speaker for the visit, saying that it was the first time Misau Emirate will be receiving a sitting Speaker of the House of Representatives.

http://leadership.ng/news/484855/dogara-nigerians-2016-budget-will-take-care-apcs-promises

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Dogara To Nigerians: 2016 Budget Will Take Care Of Apc’s Promises by adonbilivit: 7:08am On Dec 20, 2015
results please sir. that #5,000 is one of the ways I plan to finance my personal 2016 budget.
Re: Dogara To Nigerians: 2016 Budget Will Take Care Of Apc’s Promises by acenazt: 7:23am On Dec 20, 2015
adonbilivit:
results please sir. that #5,000 is one of the ways I plan to finance my personal 2016 budget.
did u read d article?? Asking for results
Re: Dogara To Nigerians: 2016 Budget Will Take Care Of Apc’s Promises by acenazt: 7:24am On Dec 20, 2015
In as much we are becoming impatient I will try to remain expectant till the budget gets released and after then shall I say my piece.
Re: Dogara To Nigerians: 2016 Budget Will Take Care Of Apc’s Promises by dont8(m): 2:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
acenazt:
In as much we are becoming impatient I will try to remain expectant till the budget gets released and after then shall I say my piece.
Will like to see your input though.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Orders Striking Doctors Return To Work In 7 Days Or Be Sacked / Photo Of The Day! This Is Simply What Nigeria Has Been Reduced To / December 24,25 And 28 2015 Has Declared As Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.