Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. (26792 Views)

Breaking! President Buhari Arrives Nigeria - Sahara Reporters (pictures) / Fuel Scarcity Will Persist Till May–kachikwu / Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Abagworo(m): 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
Why should we be importing petroleum products in the 1st place? Buhari should not tow the line of PDP. We need to stop importation completely.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
Bollinger:

That's where you go it wrong. Nigeria has gone through enough leaders to realise that it is a mentality thing. you forget that it is an average Nigerian that becomes a leader. The mentality he's had is what he will use to lead you. Haven't we seen the jubilation when people engage in jungle justice? No normal society does that. you need to have a mentality for it for that to happen. Recently we saw the news of people climbing ladder to board a plane. In normal societies someone would have been sacked by now but it's business as usual.

I respectfully disagree with you. Bad leadership is the problem and here is why;
The military has ruled the country the most since after the civil war. All of them where simply incompetent. That incompetence simply seeped into every facet of the country. And unfortunately for us, we are still electing those same incompetent people
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by GreatEngineer(m): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
Just imagining it GEJ won the election and is still the president with this kind of situation in this country, people would have eaten him raw. Fuel has been high since November till now and everybody seems to be comfortable with it even NLC.

The two weeks that senate gave petroleum minister never reach?

Everything is hard in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Bollinger(m): 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
Riensi:

I respectfully disagree with you. Bad leadership is the problem and here is why;
The military has ruled the country the most since after the civil war. All of them where simply incompetent. That incompetence simply seeped into every facet of the country. And unfortunately for us, we are still electing those same incompetent people

So bad leadership is the reason people think it's ok to use ladder to board planes. The right thing to do is not board, Sue the airline and demand someone's resignation. Is it leadership that prompts people to set other's on fire for no other reason than instant judicial gratification? The right thing would be to hand them over to the law. I remember each time I visit Nigeria. The aggressive look on people's faces is scary as hell. I just get the feeling anything can happen. Everyone want's to be a "sharp guy".

2 Likes

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
Bollinger:

So bad leadership is reason people thinks it ok to use ladder to board planes. The right thing to do is not board, Sue the airline and demand someone's resignation. Is it leadership that prompts people to set other's on fire for no other reason than instant judicial gratification? The right thing would be to hand them over to the law. I remember each time I visit Nigeria. The aggressive look on people's faces is scary as hell. I just get the feeling anything can happen. Everyone want's to be a "sharp guy".

Those examples you quoted are as a result of the brutality meted on the people by incompetent leadership. Funny enough, the brutality still continues.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Eledan: 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
The frivolities of the immediate past governemt will hurt the Nigeria economy for the next ten years.

1 Like

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Bollinger(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
Riensi:

Those examples you quoted are as a result of the brutality meted on the people by incompetent leadership. Funny enough, the brutality still continues.

You've just proved my point. It doesn't matter why Nigerian's have a messed up mentality, the point is they do and they need to change it.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by frankyychiji(f): 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
DaBullIT:
No matter what people say , I still believe in Buhari and i hope he works it out
The magician will work it out!

one naira equal to one dollar....

I will regulate the international oil price...

Even Dr Pellar will be envious of this magician by now!

1 Like

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Jesusloveyou: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Plus10:
It seems this present administration lacks ideas on how to manage the economy I would advice for now they should borrow ideas from the previous government in order to atleast relief us from this current suffering.
shall we continue in corruption in order to atleast relief us from dis current suffering? God forbid

1 Like

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by mrwiddy(m): 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2015
[quote author=kestolove95 post=41171110][/quote]SELFISH NIGERIAN!!
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by mrwiddy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
GreatEngineer:
Just imagining it GEJ won the election and is still the president with this kind of situation in this country, people would have eaten him raw. Fuel has been high since November till now and everybody seems to be comfortable with it even NLC.

how do you feel when ur younger ones try to cheat you,compared to your elder ones.And ,hence,things are not really hard in this country,because jumia makes 17 iphone sales a day!!
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Jesusloveyou: 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
Riensi:

was gej competent? Was shagari competent? Wil gej would have be competent? If he had continue

2 Likes

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by legendsilver(m): 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
People keeps complaining while others are busy building houses with executive cars to compliment it. See lemi tell you, whether devil likes it or not, President Buhari government must favour before year 2017 by God's grace, Amen.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
trillville:
Chai, if only Jonathan had built refineries with the sure-p funds rather than Choping the funds, we may not be in this position today.

Even worse is the fact that yaradua had already put plans in place for building three new refineries before his demise.

God put us in this situation and he will deliver us from it.

Hahahhahaha haha...Oga may God forgive you!!! He didn't put you in this situation, rather we did
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
Nigerians our individual corruption is worse
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by preciousMI1(f): 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
Buhari has a mission to take us back to 1984. We are in for an economic tsunami

tell me briefly about the situation in the said 1984
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by okiezman(m): 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:
Now, the major snag is in accessing dollars for the transactions which is quite unfortunate.

This is the more reason Baba should intensify his campaign to bring all those who had all five fingers in our pot of soup to book!!

The harm PDP did our economy wasn't just in stealing- they damn near stole every single penny of foreign currency we had in our bank. Dasuki distributed his yams in dollars, Stella Uduah stole her yams in dollars, ditto Alison et al.

Baba must not accept remittances in Naira should they decide to voluntarily forfeit some yams- they must be in very hard currencies!!

Like DaBullIT said, I believe Baba will fix this. It is a given!

Shame on you
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:
Now, the major snag is in accessing dollars for the transactions which is quite unfortunate.

This is the more reason Baba should intensify his campaign to bring all those who had all five fingers in our pot of soup to book!!

The harm PDP did our economy wasn't just in stealing- they damn near stole every single penny of foreign currency we had in our bank. Dasuki distributed his yams in dollars, Stella Uduah stole her yams in dollars, ditto Alison et al.

Baba must not accept remittances in Naira should they decide to voluntarily forfeit some yams- they must be in very hard currencies!!

Like DaBullIT said, I believe Baba will fix this. It is a given!
Make unaa get sense una no gree! six months from now, if buhari is displaying this level of incompetence, the stupidity of ur stand will clear to even u.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by PrinceMario(m): 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
Plus10:
It seems this present administration lacks ideas on how to manage the economy I would advice for now they should borrow ideas from the previous government in order to atleast relief us from this current suffering.
where you on exile during GEJ adminstration? It was there mismanagement during the rise in oil price that placed us in this present predicament we are.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
was gej competent? Was shagari competent? Wil gej would have be competent? If he had continue

GEJ is the most competent leader the country has ever had. His only problem was running the country in a position of fear. Maybe because he was from a minority.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Plus10(m): 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
shall we continue in corruption in order to atleast relief us from dis current suffering? God forbid
is corruption the only language you understand ?
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by dragunov: 3:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
kidgod:
Prophets of Doom

[size=24pt]Kidgod
[/size]
Attention seeker.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by ajebuter(f): 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
I"m not denying the fact that i"m a fan of GEJ

But i'm objective enough to admit his administration if fraught with very corrupt officials namely aunty diezani, aunty Ngozi, uncle adeshina and so on.

But if we are going to be honest, we will admit these people, although thieves, yet they know their onions.

Seriously, all through GEJ six years of corruption_full administration, we NEVER had any problem getting fuel and any fuel scarcity was always asa result of marketers' man made problems or NUPENG or PeNGASAN and these were always quicly resolved.

I'm not excusing the thievery of these people, but PMB should take aside his pride or political differences and seek for advice from these ' thieves' even if they are in prison at least for the sake of us suffering masses.

This may be neccessary because fuel subsidy from government is the only thing the masses enjoy from government

I have spoken and if it doesnt sit well with APC minions, toh, the ball is in your court and remember you are coming to ask for our mandate soon.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Smooyis(m): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Policy sumasault, directionlessness, cluelessness, daftness, dulladihnoness of this administration is the reason for this mishap.

Enough of these yabbies. They won't solve any problem.
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by frankyychiji(f): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
seunmsg:
The only solution to this problem is for Nigeria to have functional refinery. The PMB government should immediately start the process of building new refineries to meet the fuel needs of the country. The money saved from the complete removal of subsidy can be pumped into the project with private sector partnership. Under a year and half, it will be completed if the government is serious.
You wish! If he dedicates his energy to building new refineries, where will he get money to pay 25million poorest Nigerians (northerners), where will get money to feed school children, a gimmick to encourage children (northerners) to enroll and remain in school, where will he get money to rebuild the north east which anyway may never know lasting peace again and finally if boohary builds new refineries for you, where will he get money to fund the Lake Chad (northerners) oil exploration wild goose chase!

Good thing though is you concluded by saying if "they are serious", grin grin
You are not convinced anymore that the dollard is the messiah. grin
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by ajebuter(f): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2015
GreatEngineer:

Bros, it wouldnt sink this low under GEJ i strongly believe.

Not because he is the best or corruption free, but trust me, aunty Diezani, anty Ngozi and uncle Emefiele would have nicked it in the bud pronto, paying bribes to the right people and enriching themselves.

But never, fuel will never be scarce under them because they know how it works even though they are sinners and thieves.

But now under baba the saint, we are in a fix and his piety and saintly minister have absolutely no idea how the system works.

I didnt like PMB before but now, i pity him because he doesnt know the enormity of governance.

It's not about fighting ' kwarruftion' only.

1 Like

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
Buhari sef! - Keneking
Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by ozoro: 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
Plus10:
It is crystal clear now that this present government is birate of ideas.That is why we keep saying that as a leader you have to be an all rounder which Buhari as a leader does not posses .As it seems buhari only idea is how to fight corruption and jail whoever that may seem as threat to his government.

Most Nigerians are clueless and believe in fairies. No amount of local refineries will help the PMS crisis, we continue to decieve ourselves that we can control market forces.

Is there any shortage of diesel ? Is diesel price not dropping? Is there subsidy in diesel?

Free the market, let anyone import PMS and sell at any price they like.

Forget this fake subsidy that doesn't help anyone not even the marketers.

Stop this discredited dual exchange rate, allow the dollar find it's level.

If the government is not wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on this fake subsidy the naira value will rise and PMS will be available at a realistic price

1 Like

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by Jesusloveyou: 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
Plus10:

is corruption the only language you understand ?
can't u comprehend simple write-up? If cbn give dollars to marketers, they wil in turn sell it in black market for a huge profit, we can't continue in that direction.

1 Like

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by abysirius(m): 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Could this be sentiment or pple here have some serious issues reasoning before writing. The present state of our economy is as a result of the past govt. failures and not this present administration.

There are quite a number of things that GEJ administration failed to do for as a nation. He obviously lacks a lot... Good leadership see or think ahead. Our leaders are not proactive. Why do we just start hearing of refineries building when Buhari came onboard? He sees it ahead. Unfortunately, the dye is caste. GEJ and co has already ruined our economy. They left PMB a dying nation/economy to resuscitate. And is he trying to achieve this? YES!

But he needs time. For Bleep sake, the past admin destroyed for 6yrs! We all know how easy it is to pull down. But to build back a thing destroyed in a day can take several months.. If the wailers want to cry I will suggest they channel they griviances to the right person. Even with the ongoing Dansukigate Saga, some still don't see GEJ's failure. A father that doesn't know what is going on in his house is not fit to be called a good head.. only for d wise.

1 Like

Re: Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. by ozoro: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
can't u comprehend simple write-up? If cbn give dollars to marketers, they wil in turn sell it in black market for a huge profit, we can't continue in that direction.

Its stupid of the marketers NOT to round trip the dollars, there's an N80 difference between official rate and black market rate; it's much more profitable to sell dollars than waste time importing PMS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Asks INEC To Announce June 12, 1993 Election Results / Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect / Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.