Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

5 New Smartphones Coming To You By 2016 -the Most Exciting Upcoming Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 New Smartphones Coming To You By 2016 -the Most Exciting Upcoming Phones (942 Views)

Five Features You Must Disable On New Smartphones / New Smartphones Expected To Be Released Early 2017 / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 New Smartphones Coming To You By 2016 -the Most Exciting Upcoming Phones by binoosmart(m): 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
Looking to upgrade, then read our primer on the new smartphones for 2016.

Can't wait for a new handset? Here are the
best smartphones you can buy
today.

1. Samsung Galaxy S7 - March/April

Samsung's handset plan for 2016 is as predictable as Apple's. The Samsung Galaxy S7 will follow the current Galaxy S6 as night follows day. The timing of the announcement might be edged forward a little in the year but I can't see the phone being available much before March even then and I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in April as usual.

2. iPhone 7 - September

Apple will undoubtedly continue its usual tick-tock strategy of handset releases. 2014 gave us a the iPhone 6, 2015 brought the updated iPhone 6S and so 2016 will provide a whole new hardware design in the form of the iPhone 7. I'd be amazed if the new phone wasn't called that (although I suppose iPhone Air is a possibility) and it will certainly be launched in late September, as in previous years.

Not much is known about the new design yet, but some rumours are circulating.

There's much talk of the phone getting rid of the headphone jack, using Lightning port and wireless headsets instead. This could in turn allow the phone to become slimmer still, though battery life could be a concern.

3. HTC One M10 - April

HTC will also be releasing a new Android flagship in the spring. Unlike the Galaxy S7 though, the new HTC handset is due a big design overhaul from the look-a-like One M8 and One M9 models. In fact given the update I'm not even sure the name M10 will be used.

We were most impressed by the recent HTC One A9 and hope that some of that design is moved across to the new phone.

One things that looks certain for the new phone is the inclusion of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset, which should improve performance and battery life across the board. Other than that though it's hard to know what to expect, the A9 used an AMOLED screen so I'm hoping for one here too, while a different approach to the camera is in order too, after the last two failed to impress.

See remaining from the source::::

www.ebiraland..com/2015/12/new-smartphones-coming-to-you-by-2016.html
Re: 5 New Smartphones Coming To You By 2016 -the Most Exciting Upcoming Phones by awomike4u(m): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ok o,we're anticipating...
Re: 5 New Smartphones Coming To You By 2016 -the Most Exciting Upcoming Phones by wtfCode: 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
#team_Htc.

(1) (Reply)

Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL 2GB RAM Features, Specifications / Best Androids On A Budget / Samsung Galaxy S5 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.