Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,295 members, 7,954,177 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

Laptop Heats Up Fast - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Heats Up Fast (1020 Views)

Help, My Lappy's Touchpad Heats Up Excessively! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Heats Up Fast by cozy7(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Good evening folks, I've got an issue with my laptop (pavilion g7, with Windows 8 ). Whenever I put it on, after some minutes d hard disk begins to race n it begins to emit heat, like I'm burning a disk, YET I'M NOT. It keeps racing n stopping but races most of d time n therefore runs my ba3 down so fast (with 1hr 30mins). But once d "low battery" flashes at 14%, it immediately stops racing, like I'm done burning a disk. Plz gurus in d house, what's going on with my laptop?
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by Lexusgs430: 10:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
cozy7:
Good evening folks, I've got an issue with my laptop (pavilion g7, with Windows 8 ). Whenever I put it on, after some minutes d hard disk begins to race n it begins to emit heat, like I'm burning a disk, YET I'M NOT. It keeps racing n stopping but races most of d time n therefore runs my ba3 down so fast (with 1hr 30mins). But once d "low battery" flashes at 14%, it immediately stops racing, like I'm done burning a disk. Plz gurus in d house, what's going on with my laptop?

Is your cooling fan working or the vents not blocked by dust flurry?
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by cozy7(m): 12:22am On Dec 21, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Is your cooling fan working or the vents not blocked by dust flurry?
From outside, I don't see anything blocking it, but I can't tell what going on inside d system, but I surely don't put it in dusty places. Plz how can I find out or what do I do?
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by Lexusgs430: 12:35am On Dec 21, 2015
cozy7:
From outside, I don't see anything blocking it, but I can't tell what going on inside d system, but I surely don't put it in dusty places. Plz how can I find out or what do I do?

It would have to be opened up to check. Do you have high ram usage applications installed?
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by shawlxAk(m): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
Is it the hard disk or the fan that's actually racing?

When next you notice something like that, immediately open resource monitor and examine processes with the most CPU, Ram or disk activity.

cozy7:
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by cozy7(m): 12:41am On Dec 22, 2015
shawlxAk:
Is it the hard disk or the fan that's actually racing?

When next you notice something like that, immediately open resource monitor and examine processes with the most CPU, Ram or disk activity.

It's actually d fan. Plz how do I get to d resource monitor and how do I examine processes? Plz guide me, I urgently need this issue rectified.
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by cozy7(m): 12:45am On Dec 22, 2015
Lexusgs430:

It would have to be opened up to check. Do you have high ram usage applications installed?
Opened? Now I'm scared. I had a video editing software (which was heavy), But I deleted it wen I started noticing this issue. How do I check d RAM n know what's running on it?
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by Lexusgs430: 1:19am On Dec 22, 2015
cozy7:
Opened? Now I'm scared. I had a video editing software (which was heavy), But I deleted it wen I started noticing this issue. How do I check d RAM n know what's running on it?

http://www.wikihow.com/Check-Memory-Usage
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by Lexusgs430: 1:23am On Dec 22, 2015
cozy7:

Or simply press Ctrl - Alt - Delete (all at the same time) (Hunt down task manager)
And check performances !!!
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by Lexusgs430: 1:26am On Dec 22, 2015
cozy7:

How much RAM does your system presently have ? (Not xmas ram o )
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by cozy7(m): 7:52am On Dec 22, 2015
Lexusgs430:

How much RAM does your system presently have ? (Not xmas ram o )
Lolz
Its 4GB RAM, bro.
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by cozy7(m): 8:19am On Dec 22, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Or simply press Ctrl - Alt - Delete (all at the same time) (Hunt down task manager)
And check performances !!!
The ba3 is down now, but I'll do exactly what you just said wen I charge it later today. I'll comeback n tell u d difference or improvements. Thanks a lot.
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On Dec 22, 2015
cozy7:
Lolz
Its 4GB RAM, bro.

Try a ram upgrade if possible. It would help performance (only if ram expansion is allowable).
If allowed add maximum allowable or according to what your budget allows.
Re: Laptop Heats Up Fast by shawlxAk(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2015
1. When the fan starts racing again, press and hold ctrl + shift + esc to launch the Task Manager.

2. In the window that appears, on the processes tab, you will find a list of processes on the left, and their corresponding CPU, Memory, Disk and Network usage on the right. Click the CPU column header to sort the processes by CPU utilization, from the highest to the lowest (You should see a small downward-pointing arrow).

3. Now, take a look at the Name column to see the actual process or processes with the highest percent of CPU consumption. If you find any culprits, right-click it and select 'Go to details'. The Details tab will give you the exact names of the executables. Here, you can also sort the executables by CPU utilization just like you did on the processes tab.

4. Right-click the culprits and select 'End process tree'. You may choose to get rid of it altogether by right-clicking it and selecting 'open file location'. A file explorer should open, with the executable file highlighted. Now, you can delete the executable file.

5. I hope this helps.

cozy7:
It's actually d fan. Plz how do I get to d resource monitor and how do I examine processes? Plz guide me, I urgently need this issue rectified.

(1) (Reply)

My System Just Crashed? / I Need A New Laptop With A Budget Of #86,000 For A Student,please Help Me Out. / World First 1 Terebyte SD Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.