Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

"Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View (917 Views)

I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. / Feminism: The True Colour / Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
I’ve been reading a lot about the “Women Against Feminism” movement, which has created a huge stir in the social media world recently. One of the most striking aspects of this phenomenon can be found on Tumblr, where women of all ages can be seen presenting lists of reasons that they are either against feminism or have no need for it. A lot of women support this, and that is both confusing and heartbreaking to me. A lot of the reasons to be found on Tumblr read like this: I don’t need feminism because I don’t have to push men down to feel equal to them. I don’t want to associate myself with insane women who spend their time disrespecting others to defend what they think is right by throwing the word ‘RAPE’ in the air. I don’t need feminism because I don’t see men as the enemy and I value their opinion. I don’t need feminism because I don’t think all men are rapists even though I have been raped/abused. I don’t need feminism because my best friend is a guy! And it goes on and on. From what I understand, “Women Against Feminism” is primarily about a specific group of women whose understanding of feminism is offensive to other women. These women apparently treat all men as enemies, want all women to be treated as victims, and bully their fellow women who don’t agree with those standards. I can get onboard with that. That seems like a really shitty way to behave and think about the world. What I’m failing to understand is when and how it was decided that to be against these behaviors is equivalent to being against the very notion of feminism. If you’re against feminism, you are against “the advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.” Saying you don’t need feminism means SO much more than not respecting the way some women voice their opinions about gender inequality.
Re: "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
Also, and just like the other thread, i cannot copy and paste all of the write up. Here is the link to the full article.

This is actually a feminst's view of anti-feminism women. I came up with this so that we can have a balanced view of the subject matter.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/brittany-mcsorley/2014/08/women-against-feminism-or-women-against-women/
Re: "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by SAMBARRY: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2015
So what should WE do About this information now undecided

1 Like

Re: "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by cococandy(f): 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
You will soon develop high B.P over this matter. grin
Mtchew.

1 Like

Re: "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
cococandy:
You will soon develop high B.P over this matter. grin
Mtchew.

so when Chimamanda goes all over the world preaching feminism, you will tell her the same thing? If you have nothing to say, kindly exit. E dey pain you, when people express a contrary opinion but you can be the fiercest to attack men on your feminist agenda

1 Like

Re: "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 21, 2015
Its women still fighting to be accepted by men by putting other women down. Dumb biatches, excuse me please, don't know that without real feminist movements not male bashing parties but the suffragettes and the like that they couldn't be heard through the clanking of plates in their kitchen.

1 Like

Re: "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by bukatyne(f): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2015
craziebone:

so when Chimamanda goes all over the world preaching feminism, you will tell her the same thing? If you have nothing to say, kindly exit. E dey pain you, when people express a contrary opinion but you can be the fiercest to attack men on your feminist agenda

Did you read the article you quoted?

It is a very nice article by the way.

1 Like

Re: "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
bukatyne:

Did you read the article you quoted?
It is a very nice article by the way.
yes, why did you ask?
Re: "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by bukatyne(f): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
craziebone:

yes, why did you ask?

Well, your post to Coco suggested otherwise.

1 Like

Re: "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 22, 2015
bukatyne:

Well, your post to Coco suggested otherwise.

no, i told her that because she was begining to think i am having an anti-feminism obsession. She went behind me and pulled out my profile. She had it posted in the forum. So clearly, she was thinking i'm being obsessed. You can now understand why i gave that reply.

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Welcomes Baby Boy / Bukky Ajayi A Mother,a Legend! / 7 Things Feminism Can Destroy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.