Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,909 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? (1533 Views)

Take A Look At The Change This Driver Gave Me / Breaking News :central Bank Of Nigeria Introduces New FX Rates / ATM Withdrawal Abroad: FX Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
I used the Naira Debit card to pay for a service online. I was shocked to see I was charged almost 260 Naira per per dollar.
Yet, bank rates stand at about N200 per dollar. if you got Dollar in ur account and want Naira, they will give about N200 per dollar.

however if you have naira and is paying in dollar, they will charge about 260.

who is deceiving Who?

isn't change "sweet"?

1 Like

Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by fistonati(m): 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
The change u voted for is now just a slogan. Continue to follow dt mirage and grow old.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 21, 2015
fistonati:
The change u voted for is now just a slogan. Continue to follow dt mirage and grow old.

Who voted for "change"?
Even in dream,I will never be so silly to stoop so low.

You call it a mirage, I call it a disaster.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 21, 2015
noblezone:
I used the Naira Debit card to pay for a service online. I was shocked to see I was charged almost 260 Naira per per dollar.
Yet, bank rates stand at about N200 per dollar. if you got Dollar in ur account and want Naira, they will give about N200 per dollar.

who is deceiving Who?

FG & CBN are deceiving themselves. Imagine anyone coming home for xmas could request for BTA at N197, when given, could just go to the BDC and sell it for N280. That is the round tripping that the BDC was suppose to check. The gain is enough to take care of his return flight. We were on auto-pilot from May to September. Since October, everything got grounded and people do not know that Nigeria has already crept into recession. Imagine you can only withdraw $100 from your account a day. This is coming from $1000, down to $300 and now $100. The painful thing is that anytime you withdraw, even $1, you pay a flat $3 charge, who loses? If an economy could lose $30 for 10 withdrawals of $100 as against $3 for a single $1000 withdrawal. Imaging if 1000 Nigerians withdraw $1000 in a month, that would mean $30000 as against $3000 on charges alone. The economy and Nigerians lose whooping $27000 to third-parties ATM for doing NOTHING different.

People will blame Emefiele for allowing himself to be used like this. CBN governorship job is not by force, if Buhari cannot give him free hands, he should resign. I said it before if I was in his shoes, I would have moved on.

1 Like

Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Kestolovee95(f): 12:22am On Dec 21, 2015
noblezone:

who is deceiving Who?

isn't change "sweet"?

If you've got dollar in your account, don't ask for the useless naira. Collect your dollar and go call beareau d change mallam to come to the bank. You'll sell at N245 at least.

1 Like

Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 21, 2015
noblezone:

who is deceiving Who?

isn't change "sweet"?
I think every fore transaction would be put on hold from the 1st of January. Nigeria is broke.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 21, 2015
Kestolovee95:

If you've got dollar in your account, don't ask for the useless naira. Collect your dollar and go call beareau d change mallam to come to the bank. You'll sell at N245 at least.
Bro, in the new policies, they won't give you Dollar cash.

1 Like

Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by 2sex(m): 12:52am On Dec 21, 2015
noblezone:

i tried that months ago... they refused.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by rusher14: 1:07am On Dec 21, 2015
I still collect my dollars cash.

I don't know about you guys.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 21, 2015
rusher14:
I still collect my dollars cash.
I don't know about you guys.
which bank is yours?
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Ayt27(m): 6:36am On Dec 21, 2015
I'll leave economy talk for the economists grin grin
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Kestolovee95(f): 6:53am On Dec 21, 2015
noblezone:

Have you tried? If you put in cash, you won't be allowed to transfer it out of nigeria but you'll be given cash dollars. The bank might be lacking dollars to spare but go to busy banks in business areas like onitsha markets, nnewi markets. They may have dollars to spare due to the international businessmen around there.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 21, 2015
Kestolovee95:

Have you tried? If you put in cash, you won't be allowed to transfer it out of nigeria but you'll be given cash dollars. The bank might be lacking dollars to spare but go to busy banks in business areas like onitsha markets, nnewi markets. They may have dollars to spare due to the international businessmen around there.

I did once at GTB Nnewi, they didn't have.
it's okay anyway.

My problem here is This:
They claim their rate is N198, only for me to pay for an item online and was charged about N260.

it is a big fraud.

the last time we had this kind of fraud was during Abacus. official rate was N22, but real transaction for the citizens was N88

These devilish policies kill the economy. The FG and the CBN are playing. games. Time will tell.

As for me. it is time to be more creative, innovative and productive.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Realdeals(m): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2015
It's worrisome GTB charged me 270 to a dollar for an online transaction on Friday yet, they exchange dollar at 199 naira. GTB still pays out dollars in some branches.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 21, 2015
Realdeals:
It's worrisome GTB charged me 270 to a dollar for an online transaction on Friday yet, they exchange dollar at 199 naira. GTB still pays out dollars in some branches.

So much for change. Nigerians will cry blood. it is a matter of time

1 Like

Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 21, 2015
YOu guys should obtain a dollar debit card.

smiley

You wont experience all this bullshit grin
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Realdeals(m): 10:45am On Dec 21, 2015
noblezone:

So much for change. Nigerians will cry blood. it is a matter of time

I disagree with you, considering the current economic situation we are in, I think the government is trying to reduce its impact on majority of the populace. No import driven economy can grow.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Chibenze(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2015
coolsix:
YOu guys should obtain a dollar debit card.

smiley

You wont experience all this bullshit grin
will it be link to your naira account sad
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by hopefulme: 11:09am On Dec 21, 2015
GTB charging 74.27NGN=1AED...This doesn't seem fair at all. cry cry cry cry
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2015
Chibenze:

will it be link to your naira account sad

Hahaha.. no bro

It would stand on its own as a Utility Card Ledger Account Domiciled in U.S Dollar. You can fund it by Transferring U.S Dollars from your Domiciliary Account in USD to the Card Account. smiley

Its fun to use. You must have a domiciliary account to use it
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Chibenze(m): 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
coolsix:

Hahaha.. no bro

It would stand on its own as a Utility Card Ledger Account Domiciled in U.S Dollar. You can fund it by Transferring U.S Dollars from your Domiciliary Account in USD to the Card Account. smiley

Its fun to use. You must have a domiciliary account to use it
so i can get the card from my bank?
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
Chibenze:

so i can get the card from my bank?

If your bank is issuing it, yes.

Not all banks issue this card.
Re: FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who? by Chibenze(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
coolsix:

If your bank is issuing it, yes.

Not all banks issue this card.
ok. thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Opportunity Of A Life Time Soluna World Wide / How True Is This About Traders From Benin Republic / Epoxy Flooring Training (both 3d And Metallic) In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.