Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

- Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (1277 Views)

If It Ain't Broken Don't Fix It. (Buhari's perspective). / Opinion Poll:was It Buhari's Body Language That Killed Alamieyeseigha? Yes Or No / 2015: It’s Buhari Or Nothing – Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by klarke(m): 3:35am On Dec 21, 2015

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 21, 2015
I am from south south.
Buhari has integrity . Jonathan dont have integrity. That is d difference

4 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 21, 2015
tuale4u:
I am from south south.

Bull.shi.t!!! I will tell u the same without prove. I am from Daura in Katsina state. Jonathan is miles ahead of Buhari in intergrity,governance and democratic character

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 21, 2015
klarke:
IS IT BECAUSE IT IS BUHARI?

I marvel at the way and manner we think in this country, worst of it the way we think in the north. It is just a few months ago that we all continually lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness, I referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power of the media that brought them to power they want to castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York, why, is it because it is Buhari?

We demonstrated against pump price increment for petrol, government of president Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see nothing wrong with that, is it because it is Buhari?

When three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it genocide by the Buharian army, is it because it is Buhari?

Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also thought so, Six months later the same Buhari is paying for subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, is it because it is Buhari?

We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance, only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2 billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit down and watch helplessly, is it because it Buhari?

Fuel scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we are asked not to query them, is it because it is Buhari?

If we criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize Buhari for helplessness. While tribal and regional jingoist see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a Northerner, we. Cannot continue to be trapped in the closet of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect our country to remain one and grow. Yes! we might be of different orientation and background but what is good is good any where any time and what is bad is bad.
By Bright Igo Yan.

Great piece you have here bro!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 21, 2015
Things might change in future, right now this country is a mess
Re: by amtaken(f): 4:11am On Dec 21, 2015
The difference between Buhari and GEJ:

Buhari has paid e-rats (aka master propagandists) who are paid to defend him against all odds while GEJ doesn't.

GEJ only has genuine supporters who love him but don't support him blindly.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: by greatiyk4u(m): 5:03am On Dec 21, 2015
This nonsense is made for the dust-bin

Jonathanian soldiers killed 3 of zakazzyks sons and many other of his followers.....what was their reason?....I am not justifying the act of Buhari's Army but the video clip we saw is enough evidence, attack on COAS is not taken lightly anywhere in the world

On payment of oil subsidy that was captured in the 2015 budget piloted by GEJ....u expect PMP 2 abandon the accumulated. Subsidy bills from August last year?.....u need 2 examine ur head if don't knw dat Govt is continuous

On the large fleet of aircraft, u gat a point there, but we are still hopeful dat Buhari will do something about it in 2016

Fuel scarcity is a result of last administration's ineptitude and crash clueless ness

1 Like

Re: by omostar: 8:23am On Dec 21, 2015
I think it is too late to start criticising pmb's regime with respect to the state of the economy and fuel scarcity. On the killing of the shias, however, I think he did disappoint some of us by not personally addressing the issue.
Re: by Djicemob: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2015
tuale4u:
I am from south south.
What does "south south" got to do with making your point? undecided

These days everybody is from SS undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: by virud: 8:37am On Dec 21, 2015
APC invested heavily in the media. PDP ignored.
It is simply media power/power of the media.
It has nothing to do with the personality, character,integrity or personality of anyone as some people would want us to believe.
Re: by EternalTruths: 8:42am On Dec 21, 2015
Djicemob:
What does "south south" got to do with making your point? undecided

These days everybody is from SS undecided

Even herdsmen and agberos now claim SS undecided
Re: by Sibrah: 8:44am On Dec 21, 2015
Integrity win trust quickly, OP.
Re: by dazdilijae(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2015
klarke:
IS IT BECAUSE IT IS BUHARI?

I marvel at the way and manner we think in this country, worst of it the way we think in the north. It is just a few months ago that we all continually lambasted president Jonathan's cluelessness, I referred to him as the "drunken master of Otuoke", and nobody harassed me, and now because they fear the power of the media that brought them to power they want to castrate the social media, with Buhari firing the first shot in an interview with Sahara reporters' Adeola in New York, why, is it because it is Buhari?

We demonstrated against pump price increment for petrol, government of president Buhari wants us to swallow the same pill we rejected a few months ago, yet some of my northern compatriots see nothing wrong with that, is it because it is Buhari?

When three sons of Sheik Zakzaky were murdered during the Jonathan administration, El-Rufa'i called it genocide by the jonathanian army, now under Buhari more than 200 are killed, their mosque and houses destroyed under Elrufai's nose as Governor of the same state, he has not called it genocide by the Buharian army, is it because it is Buhari?

Under the Jonathan administration subsidy payments were termed as fraud, and there were hues and cries to crucify oil marketers, Buhari even called it a fraud himself, we also thought so, Six months later the same Buhari is paying for subsidy yet nobody is calling it a fraud, why, is it because it is Buhari?

We criticized Jonathan for keeping a large fleet in the presidential fleet and wasting monies on maintenance, only recently President Buhari's spokesman admitted 2 billion Naira was spent on their maintenance, when other presidents are even doing away with their jets, yet we sit down and watch helplessly, is it because it Buhari?

Fuel scarcity is biting harder, value of the Naira is going rock bottom, inflation is now on auto pilot, while profits are dropping, purchasing powers are becoming weaker, yet we are asked not to query them, is it because it is Buhari?

If we criticized Jonathan for cluelessness, we will also criticize Buhari for helplessness. While tribal and regional jingoist see nothing because it is Buhari, what I see first is Nigeria and not whether Jonathan is a southerner or Buhari is a Northerner, we. Cannot continue to be trapped in the closet of tribalism, regionalism and religious bigotry yet expect our country to remain one and grow. Yes! we might be of different orientation and background but what is good is good any where any time and what is bad is bad.
By Bright Igo Yan.
Well articulated piece although the e-warriors would come here to start abuses rather state facts.
I hope we wake up to our responsibilities of holding the Govt accountable early enough so things don't go out of control while we say GIVE THEM SOME TO SETTLE DOWN
Seven months is enough to see the direction of any govt.

1 Like

Re: by orunto27: 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
Gej and Pmb have integrity. Gej bungled his in concert with OBJ by his refusal to cooperate with him with utmost good faith. PMB is fast bungling every where and any how.. He can't control fuel price. He is still paying fuel subsidies, Saksaky won't stop harassing his COAS and killing his Soldiers. He has not arrested a single case of corruption. All we keep hearing is sai baba, sai baba as if it's sai baba we will all eat. He can't face Dokubo. He has sleepless nights on Tompolo and N Kanu. 2015 is remaining about 10 days and bokoharam is still striving. What a mess. The constitution could have been amended to give OBJ a Third Term.
Re: by tuniski: 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
On point @op we are required,to simply be quiet in the face of naked failure of this yeye administration all cos it is Buhari! Well, the reality is gradually and steadily touching everyone. This change is ann error!
Re: by Chubhie: 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored

PMB has 'Raped our trust in him. A so called war general scared to address the nation. What sorcery!
Re: by DANILSA(m): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
All I have to say is "OP GOOD MORNING"
Re: by ta4ba3(m): 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
Nice write up.... but op u dint mention fulani herdsmen.... we are doomed in dis stupid country

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 22, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Did U Notice That Dasukigate Beneficiary‬ Are Muslims, Christians&even Atheists? / EFCC Paid A Visit To My House Today! / Delta State Government Commences Work At The Amekpa-afiesere-ofuoma Road (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.