Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun (18279 Views)

Neya Uzor Kalu's Wedding Postponed Till February 2017 / Dasuki’s Trial Stalled Again, Case Adjourned Till February 26 / Oil Price Fall May Continue Till 2017 – OPEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by jakiedudu(m): 8:38am On Dec 21, 2015
Marketers stop importation over subsidy fears
By Adewale Sanyaolu

DESPITE receiving N413 billion in subsidy claims, petroleum marketers may have suspended fresh im­portation of petroleum products, Daily Sun learnt yesterday.

The development, ac­cording to some import­ers, who pleaded not to be named, may have been re­sponsible for the unabated fuel scarcity nation-wide.

Indeed, some marketers told Daily Sun yesterday that the scarcity could linger till February 2016. Specifi­cally, they said the alleged plan by the Federal Govern­ment to remove subsidy on petrol next year and com­mence full deregulation by January 1, is already caus­ing ripples among market­ers.

The marketers, who claimed to be in full sup­port of the deregulation of the downstream sector, lamented that the secrecy surrounding its implemen­tation and take-off date is already causing uncertainty within the sector. “Market­ers are not against deregula­tion. But deregulation must be planned for. It must not be a hasty decision. We are entities that invest a lot in importation of petroleum products. If a decision that is to affect us must be taken, then, we must be taken into consideration. For now, un­certainty pervades the sec­tor,’ ’an importer said.

A source said Nigerians are not considering the va­garies involved in deregula­tion. There are speculations that with deregulation, a li­tre of petrol would sell for N97, which is a possibility on one hand. But consid­ering the current price of crude oil which sells for about $38 per barrel, what if this price slides further in the weeks to come and the permutation declines to less than N87 for a litre, who bears the loss?

The source said all these certainties surrounding the downstream sector have further dealt a debilitating blow on the current fuel scarcity. But the Minister of State, Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, in a swift response to douse tension on the plan to increase petrol price to N97, denied such intention by government. Kachikwu, who is also the Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petro­leum Corporation (NNPC), however, advised Nigerians to dispel such insinuations

He said the discourse has long left the realm of subsidy removal to a more scientific price modulation approach which entails an elastic price mechanism regime to be reviewed pe­riodically to reflect the pre­vailing international price of crude.

He explained that when operational, the novel price modulation system will place a N97 per litre cap on the price of fuel to ensure that Nigerians are insulated from the vagaries of the global crude price.

“I did not say that refined petroleum products will sell for N97 per litre next year. I said between a band of N87 and N97 we are going to be looking at prices and today, the prices are largely close to N87. So, there is no need to change the price,’’he said

The minister noted that to determine the price of pe­troleum products in future, the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Author­ity (PPPRA), will under­take quarterly review of the crude market situation.

“I have not put a static figure. PPPRA will have to do the cal­culation to be able to announce what price of PMS (petrol) will sell for in January; but we do not anticipate any major shift because of the price of crude today,’’ he noted

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/fuel-scarcity-to-end-in-february/
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by looseweight: 10:28am On Dec 21, 2015
Let's brace up for next year my people. If you have two cars, ground one and makevone operational, its a way of cutting cost...

If na leg you dey use waka, eat well becos come next year, you will trek more..

I believe this administration wish us good and we shall get to the promised Nigeria. Amen!!!!!

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Demmocrats(m): 10:28am On Dec 21, 2015
DESPITE receiving N413 billion in subsidy claims, petroleum marketers may have suspended fresh im­portation of petroleum products, Daily Sun learnt yesterday.

Seriously speaking i thought they said one of our refineries are now working, hmmmm so many lies circulating online don't even know which one to believe any more.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Airforce1(m): 10:28am On Dec 21, 2015
I regret ever voting for Buhari

Thank god my PVC is intact.

Come 2019, I will right my wrong with my PVC.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Diesel1(m): 10:28am On Dec 21, 2015
We dey here
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by AleriwaTj: 10:29am On Dec 21, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Akosxxx(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2015
jesu kristi o.

ah diz is bad
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Firefire(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2015
Wonderful!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Firefire(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2015
Airforce1:

cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Pchikaodili(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2015
PMB kontinu
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by bright007(f): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2015
From Sai Buhari to Kai Buhari.....that is change

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by bobchigar(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2015
That is not acceptable. The government should resolve it before this year end.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by yungchief(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2015
Buhari is dis d change u promised angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Jibabs2(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2015
OH ALLAH WE CALL FOR UR INTERVENTION...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by kings09(m): 10:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Lobatan. New year don start
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by ritababe(f): 10:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Am not surprise afterall our minister of petrol is a dullard.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015
[size=20pt]we don enter once chance embarassed...[/size]

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by anonimi: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by chesterlee(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015
Buhari Maka Why?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by marshalcarter: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015
And we'll survive till nd after then

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by watered(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015
Airforce1:

In Phyno's voice: Onwebeghi ife fu grin

I'm so loving this grin grin grin

#BabaNowThatYouAreThere grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Adesiji77: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015
Ok o...we shall survive.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by ihedioramma: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015
They are fools but one dey they will pay back .

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by TopeQs: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015
we've survived for over a month, so we'll keep surviving .........BTW adonbilivit.

the best gift during this trying times...........

25 litres of fuel..

give this to your BARBER, and you might just have him as a friend for life.........

help a soul today.......
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by gokay11(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015
Dem go still blame past administration for diz.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by MzPecs(f): 10:33am On Dec 21, 2015
Kikikikiki grin

Kai Baba!
Una never chinchumchin gringringrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun by Akinz0126(m): 10:33am On Dec 21, 2015
GEJ where are Thou?

We told them to utilized there votes well to achieve an efficient outcome but they decided to embrace change@ the expense of transformation.

Enjoy your change ooooooooo Nobody is going to drag your change with you.

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4000 PDP Members In Katsina Decamp To APC (Photos) / Peace Corps Wins N2bn Human Rights Suit Against Police, Others / INEC May Disqualify APGA From Contesting Anambra Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.