Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ (1123 Views)

The 2017 Constituency Projects Allocation For 36 States / FG Begins Release Of N100bn For Constituency Projects / National Assembly 2016 Constituency Projects Allocation [infographic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by zik4ever: 9:29am On Dec 21, 2015
The Adamawa State government has approved N1 billion for members of the state House of Assembly, for constituency developmental projects in 2016.

Ahmed Sajoh, the state commissioner for information, disclosed this while briefing journalists after the state executive council meeting in Yola on Wednesday.

Mr. Sajoh said the funds would be distributed through the 25 members of the state house of assembly for the empowerment and wealth creation of their constituencies.

“The funds would go a long way in supplementing government’s efforts in providing basic infrastructure to rural communities,” he said.

He said the council also approved N270 million for the purchase of three water drilling machines for the provision of portable water in the state.

“This administration is projecting 2016 for all communities in the state to have adequate portable water supply,” Mr. Sajoh said.

He said that, “the council also approved N172 Million as payment for the renewal of mining license for the state”.

According to him, the challenge had been the renewal of the license as investors were already waiting to commence mining of barite.

Barite is one of the important elements used in petroleum drilling.

He said that the mining would generate employment for 3000 youths.

The government’s spokesperson said the council also constituted a committee for the distribution of tricycles to the seven affected local government areas affected by insurgency.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/195294-adamawa-lawmakers-get-n1bn-for-constituency-projects.html
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by awomike4u(m): 9:34am On Dec 21, 2015
Welcome to 9ja...Fighting corruption with corruption...two wrongs can never make a right.We're watching!!
God bless Nigeria
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2015
See as them de share money. The highest the legislators would do will be to dig two or three boreholes and will tell you that they have done 'a lot' for their people. I don't know who introduced this fraud called constituency project into Nigeria parliamentary books. I do know that legislators' business is lawmaking and oversight over the executive. The executive should be handling every projects..if however they need project to penetrate rural areas, then they should channel the moies to LG councils or inaugurate community councils for such purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:41am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
See as them de share money. The highest the legislators would do will be to dig two or three boreholes and will tell you that they have done 'a lot' for their people. I don't know who introduced this fraud called constituency project into Nigeria parliamentary books. I do know that legislators' business is lawmaking and oversight over the executive. The executive should be handling every projects..if however they need project to penetrate rural areas, then they should channel the moies to LG councils or inaugurate community councils for such purpose.

But one billion naira divided by 25 can't dig one Fashola bolehole let alone 2 or 3 more in northern Nigeria
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

But one billion naira divided by 25 can't dig one Fashola bolehole let alone 2 or 3 more in northern Nigeria
N1billion divided by 25 is 40 million... As for Fashola, I'm not his defender and also I don't understand how he comes into this. That he stole doesn't mean others to steal.
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by Tolexander: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
you are so on point!

Constituency allowance to the legislators is needless, project execution is meant to be for the executives.

Can't imagine a house of assembly member telling us he built a block of 2classrooms for 5million Naira in an existing school compound with no furnishing at all.
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by joseph1832(m): 9:56am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

N1billion divided by 25 is 40 million... As for Fashola, I'm not his defender and also I don't understand how he comes into this. That he stole doesn't mean others to steal.
Please, care to provide evidence as regard the embolden. Remember, false allegation is a crime in Nigeria. tongue
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

It is one of d bad things we copied from United State. Obama promised to eradicate it in US during his 2008 campaign. But today it has been banned in a way in the US. We should ban it too.

In united state they call it Earmark.
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2015
Tolexander:
you are so on point!

Constituency allowance to the legislators is needless, project execution is meant to be for the executives.

Can't imagine a house of assembly member telling us he built a block of 2classrooms for 5million Naira in an existing school compound with no furnishing at all.
Hahaaha, that one even better. Some go go look for existing boreholes, repaint am and put a water reservoir. Them go come tell you say them spend 35 million naira on the project
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2015
No vex abeg.. Shey US legislators dem de do project or dem de chop the money?
tuale4u:

It is one of d bad things we copied from United State. Obama promised to eradicate it in US during his 2008 campaign. But today it has been banned in a way in the US. We should ban it too.

In united state they call it Earmark.
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Considering the issues of poor quality ground water, contamination and over abstraction is a challenge in Naassarawa

The ground water in some areas are underlained by the consolidated sediments of the Benue trough which tends to be high in dissolved solids. Around Nassarawa State and in Abakaliki in Ebonyi State the ground water is saline rendering it unusable if not dug above 800 meters.

Why shouldn't we compare when a borehole of 60 meters cost N78 million and you called drilling 3 borehole of 800 meters each with other facilities to make them work for N40 million expensive and outrageous.

It is a fair price by my estimation in some parts of Nassarawa State.
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by Tolexander: 10:36am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Hahaaha, that one even better. Some go go look for existing boreholes, repaint am and put a water reservoir. Them go come tell you say them spend 35 million naira on the project
you haven't completed the gimmick, grin

After putting a water reservoir, they will call on water tanker to fill the tanks for the reservoir and call on the people of the constituency for commissioning.
After the water is exhausted, that is the end for the bore hole project. The next thing coming out of the bore hole is air instead of water.
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by Tolexander: 10:39am On Dec 21, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Considering the issues of poor quality ground water, contamination and over abstraction is a challenge in Naassarawa

The ground water in some areas are underlained by the consolidated sediments of the Benue trough which tends to be high in dissolved solids. Around Nassarawa State and in Abakaliki in Ebonyi State the ground water is saline rendering it unusable if not dug above 800 meters.
but the geographical location is Adamawa,
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:44am On Dec 21, 2015
Tolexander:
but the geographical location is Adamawa,

Yes, the consolidated sediments of the Benue trough covers many parts of Adamawa State and stretches to Ebonyi State in Southeast
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:02am On Dec 21, 2015
Tolexander:
you haven't completed the gimmick, grin

After putting a water reservoir, they will call on water tanker to fill the tanks for the reservoir and call on the people of the constituency for commissioning.
After the water is exhausted, that is the end for the bore hole project. The next thing coming out of the bore hole is air instead of water.
Hahaahah you know am wella... You forget say them go call cameraman, press and their godfathers to 'witness' the commissioning.
Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by Tolexander: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Hahaahah you know am wella... You forget say them go call cameraman, press and their godfathers to 'witness' the commissioning.
lol,

Even show am live for local TV and radio and continue playing it for election jingle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2015
This is an APC govt taking profligacy to new heights. Are lawmakers tasked with contract award and execution? This is another dasukigate in the making

(1) (Reply)

Clarifying The Nairaland Politics win - Cramjones / Bola Tinebu Again On The News / Graphic Photo; See What A Woman Did To Her House Boy For Stealing Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.