Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Cultivating The Habit Of Reading - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cultivating The Habit Of Reading (362 Views)

4 Ways To Create A Good Reading Habit. / See What They Are Doing In Class Instead Of Reading!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cultivating The Habit Of Reading by saintfrancis1(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
I am Francis Adeboye,
I believe dz short piece of mine is able 2 encourage u 2 develop a good reading habit !

How many of us took note of DAT immortal phrase which concluded d Gettysburg's address?

Abraham Lincoln said and I quote,"...and that GOVT OF D PEOPLE ,BY D PEOPLE AND 4 D PEOPLE shall not perish from d earth ".

It is commonly used and supposed DAT Lincoln originated DAT immortal phrase,but did he
dz phrase has marked d beginning 4 d definition of democracy,but I will reveal somtinz 2 u in d subsequent paragraphs wat d lucid truth is.

Herndon, Abraham Lincoln law partner had given Lincoln a copy of Theodore Parker's addresses.Lincoln read nd underscored in dz book d words:" democracy is d direct self-govt;OVER ALL D PEOPLE ,BY ALL D PEOPLE AND 4 ALL D PEOPLE".

It should b noted DAT theodore parker may have borrowed his phraseology 4rm Webster.who had said ,in his famous reply 2 hayne;"d people's govt,MADE 4 D PEOPLE,MADE BY D PEOPLE AND ANSWERABLE 2 D PEOPLE "

Webster may have borrowed his phraseology 4rm president James Monroe ,who had given voice 2 d same idea a third of a century earlier.

And 2 whom was James Monroe indebted
Five hundred years b4 Monroe was born,wyclif had said,-in d preface 2 d translation of d scriptures DAT "dz bible is 4 D GOVT OF D PEOPLE,BY D PEOPLE ,AND 4 D PEOPLE".

And long b4 wycliff lived ,more dan 400 years b4 d birth of Christ,Cleon ,in an address 2 d men of Athens ,spoke of a rule "OF D PEOPLE ,BY D PEOPLE AND 4 D PEOPLE ".

And 4rm wat ancient source did Cleon drew his inspiration is a matter last in d fog and night of antiquity.

How little there is DAT is new !!!
Books!!!!
There is d secret!
Many of dz people highlighted earlier cud have read articles of d previous writers.

Besides read so DAT u re knowledgeable, u have 2 read so DAT u can improve ur dictions!
Aren't u tired of using d same grammar every tym??
If u fink u wanna do so,
d 1st step is make a mind set DAT u re going 2 start reading
2ndly,u make at least 1hr available 4 reading
Also,if u need help, u get som1 DAT wud help u remember ur diction after u av shortlisted dem nd looked up dere meaning in d dictionary!
Finally,u start using dem in essays nd articles!
Watz d essence of having d knowledge about somfin wen d knowledge CNT b put 2 use!!!
I conclude with d words of abdulkalam ,he said," learning gives creativity ,creativity leads 2 finking ,finking provides knowledge and knowledge makes u great!

Read a lot and make researches ,it helps!
Read a book 2day!
#francis takes a bow
©mr. Franc.

1 Like

Re: Cultivating The Habit Of Reading by donTbone(m): 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
Na... people wont even know u are using the same grammer
as long as its correct and money flows in! wink
Re: Cultivating The Habit Of Reading by saintfrancis1(m): 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
All is not about money dude......it really matters when u are exposed to new things

(1) (Reply)

Acquire Computing Skills That Will Enhance Your Ict Knowledge / Help / Oau Postgraduate Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.