Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

Court Jails Woman 10 Years For Defrauding Lt.-gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Jails Woman 10 Years For Defrauding Lt.-gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi (554 Views)

Fake Shoprite Manager Arrested In Ibadan For Defrauding Job Seekers / ‘fetish’ Pastors Arrested For Defrauding And Sexually Abusing Members (pic) / Man Nabbed for Defrauding People With Fake Promise Of Oil Company Work in Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Jails Woman 10 Years For Defrauding Lt.-gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi by emamos: 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
An Ikeja High Court on Monday sentenced a court registrar, Mrs Oluronke Rosolu, to 10 years imprisonment for defrauding a former Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi (retd), of $330,000.
Mrs Oluronke Rosolu was convicted on all the two counts of conspiracy and obtaining money by false pretences brought against her by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
The fraud was perpetrated when Mr. Fred Ajudua and Gen. Ishaya Bamaiy were remanded in Kirikiri Prisons for different offences.
Justice Lawal-Akapo while sentencing Oluronke Rosolu said, “The representation that she never collected $330,000 from the complainant is deceptive, the accused could not provide a strong alibi for her whereabouts when the fraud occurred.
“I find the accused guilty as charged”.
“As a registrar of the court, the accused should have been an image maker of the judiciary, but she acted in the contrary”.
“She has to swallow her bitter pill”.
“On count one, I sentence the accused to 10 years imprisonment and on count two, I sentence the accused to 10 years imprisonment”.
“Both sentences are to run concurrently.”
Oluronke Rosolu collapsed in the dock immediately the judge gave the verdict, while wailing, “I do not know anything about the money, what is going to happen to my children.”
Mrs Oluronke Rosolu’s lawyer, Mr Bamidele Ogundele, in his allocutus pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy,“My Lord, my client is a first-time offender without any criminal record and she has four children as dependants.
“My Lord, the society will not gain if her four children are abandoned without motherly care.
“She has been on suspension from the judiciary for over a year and she is retiring next year after 34 years of active service in the judiciary.”
Mr E.E. Iheanacho who is the counsel for the EFCC, however, requested that Mrs. Rosolu should receive the maximum sentence.
He said,“The crime for which the accused is being charged carries a mandatory sentence of 10 years imprisonment.
“In the circumstance, we will be urging the court to sentence her accordingly.”
The convict, who was a former registrar to Justice Joseph Oyewole, was tried for aiding Mr Fred Ajudua, a one-time Lagos socialite to defraud Bamaiyi at Kirikiri Maximum Prisons between November 2004 and June 2005http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/court-jails-woman-10-years-for-defrauding-lt-gen-ishaya-bamaiyi/
lalasticlala
Re: Court Jails Woman 10 Years For Defrauding Lt.-gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi by emamos: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Court Jails Woman 10 Years For Defrauding Lt.-gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi by nnachukz(m): 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
Why sentence her to such lenghty stay in prison for just collecting a token from one mugu retired general? Where is Amaechi, Fashola, Tinubu, Saraki and Sylva etc?
Re: Court Jails Woman 10 Years For Defrauding Lt.-gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi by 4nobody4every1: 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
nnachukz:
Why sentence her to such lenghty stay in prison for just collecting a token from one mugu retired general? Where is Amaechi, Fashola, Tinubu, Saraki and Sylva etc?
Buhahahahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Jails Woman 10 Years For Defrauding Lt.-gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi by NIJJAking(m): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
chop money and do the time

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Military, Boko Haram Battle Over Maiduguri. / BE ALERT: Female Suicide Bombers Now Attack After Asking Water For Ablution / (photos) Man Catches A Guy Who Duped Him Two Years Ago Outside A Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.