Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,071 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. (3102 Views)

Why PMB Is Silent On Kaduna Killings- Presidency / PHOTOS: Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia In Court / Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia To Remain In EFCC Custody For More 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. by slimfit1(m): 9:34am On Dec 22, 2015
When Jonathan was dishing out our money like father Christmas we didn't talk what made you think we shall talk now ?
Re: Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. by EternalTruths: 9:43am On Dec 22, 2015
slimfit1:
When Jonathan was dishing out our money like father Christmas we didn't talk what made you think we shall talk now ?

You mean the oil money gotten from the 5% region

When is Sai Baba bringing out the groundnut/cocoa wealth of the 97% for us to share undecided
Re: Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. by obailala(m): 10:12am On Dec 22, 2015
gists:
While I am not making excuses for this government, I sometimes wonder where were these people when the country's currency had a horrible slide during the last administration inpsite of huge proceeds from crude oil sales. It is very mischievous to say the present administration took over and the Naira begins its free fall conveniently leaving out the historical free fall even when we made huge sales from crude. As I recall and you can see from the attached historical chat, GEJ admin met the naira at less than N150/$ but left it at over N200/$ (thank God the CBN gov implemented some measures that has clipped the official price to less than N200 earlier this year).

However, this is not to say that the present admin doesn't have work to do. But I still give the PMB admin 65% approval rating on the performance so far considering the prevailing conditions.
To actually paint the picture more clearly, as at early December 2014, the naira value was at N155 to $1. But as at May 29th, the value stood at N220 to $1; that was a crash of N65 within 6 months even though global oil prices was still at $65/barrel as at May 2015.

On the flip side, since May 29th till date, the value of the naira is about N280 to $1; that is a crash of N60 in 7 months and may I state here that crude presently sells for $35/barrel.

So when I examine the claims of GEJ supporters who want to politicise this by claiming that GEJ and his NOI headed economic team managed the situation better, I just shake my head in disgust at the dullness of these set of people.

1 Like

Re: Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. by obailala(m): 10:16am On Dec 22, 2015
EternalTruths:

Keep deceiving yourself that Buhari is not under a curse

You want to use the oil of the regions you called 5% and vowed not to take care ofto develop the so called 97% people
I thought I was even relating to a more matured mind. Grow up boy!
Re: Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. by ERAKAMUS: 11:00am On Dec 22, 2015
I SPIT ON ALL BUHARIST.
Re: Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. by gists: 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
obailala:
To actually paint the picture more clearly, as at early December 2014, the naira value was at N155 to $1. But as at May 29th, the value stood at N220 to $1; that was a crash of N65 within 6 months even though global oil prices was still at $65/barrel as at May 2015.

On the flip side, since May 29th till date, the value of the naira is about N280 to $1; that is a crash of N60 in 7 months and may I state here that crude presently sells for $35/barrel.

So when I examine the claims of GEJ supporters who want to politicise this by claiming that GEJ and his NOI headed economic team managed the situation better, I just shake my head in disgust at the dullness of these set of people.
They are just a bunch of low-lives with magnifying lenses looking faults everywhere.
For the first time in a long while, capital expenditure is taking a huge 30% of the total budget which the last admin "graciously" put at 9% (which was not even implemented.) I recall NOI reducing the budget of ministry of works to N9B (out of the requested N100B) yet these low lives blame the job losses in construction industry on PMB.
Re: Ofili Speaks : The Naira Is Crashing, The Media Is Quiet, Everyone Is Silent. by achiphet(m): 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
This Bad news can be good news to a few who has learnt how to buy shares in Europe and USA. I'll have made my analysis......... Naija is having a free fall, a crash that will change the economic power of this nation from the current hands to new hands (ones who understands how to make cash without depending on naija )
join me today as ill share with you how to make 20% profit on your investments after 100 Days!!!!!!
Chat me on wastapp 08104174613

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Hasn't EFCC Arrested Tompolo...? / The Witch Of Washington Is About To Get Exposed On Her Links To Bokos / Deduction Of Stamp Duties From Savings Account By Diamond Bank PLC Is Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.