Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award (726 Views)

Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / Jonathan Reacts To Segun Adeniyi's Book, 'Against The Run Of Play' / Danish Jensen Visits Aso-Rock, Shot Fired By DSS -The Trent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by Buharidick: 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
, 2015 at 12:41 pm
Yemi Adebowale
Nigeria’s former President Goodluck Jonathan has described the Person of the Year Award 2015 conferred on him by The
Trent online newspaper as a “pleasant surprise.”
Speaking exclusively to SIGNAL on Monday, the former President could not hide his emotions as he felt deeply touched by the
kind gesture and honour coming months after he has left office.
“This is a pleasant surprise. I feel extremely humbled. I couldn’t have imagined that a group of young people would consider
me worthy of this great honour months after I left office as President. Usually, people like us receive awards when we are in
office because of the position and power that we have. It is moments like this that you actually realize the people who are
truly your friends. I see this award as an encouragement not just for me but the upcoming generations of Nigerians. I see it
also as a celebration of how far Nigeria has come as a democracy. I commend the Editorial Board of The Trent and wish them
the very best in their journalistic endeavors”, he said.
In an editorial to celebrate the conferment of the Person of the Year 2015 award on the former president, The Trent extolled
Jonathan’s strides in leadership spanning several sectors of Nigeria’s development from the economy to agriculture,
infrastructure and electoral reforms.
According to the online newspaper, “No Nigerian politician alive commands the enormous goodwill, followership and dignity
that Jonathan attained in a moment of history bestowed upon him by destiny and fate. By leaving the stage when the ovation
was loudest, Jonathan opened a golden page in the chapters of democracy’s history, showing clearly to the world that Africa
was not a continent of incompetent leaders and despotic rulers who sit tight in office at the expense of their nations’ future.”
_
Source www.signalng.com/i-am-humbled-ex-president-jonathan-reacts-to-the-trent-person-of-the-year-2015-award/ _________
Follow us on Twitter at @thesignalng
Copyright 2015 SIGNAL. Permission to use portions of this article is granted provided appropriate credits are given
to www.signalng.com and other relevant sources.
Re: Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by Vision4God: 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
GEJ u remain a hero. God bless u indeed.we salute ur courage
Re: Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by Femiartalade(m): 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
jona my hero grin
Re: Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by Uchan4u(m): 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
Congratulations to him
Re: Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
This singular act of jonathan has just made him a hero
Re: Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by VampireeM(f): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Vision4God:
GEJ u remain a hero. God bless u indeed.we salute ur courage
Femiartalade:
jona my hero grin
nseke:
This singular act of jonathan has just made him a hero

Hero of WHAT, WHO, HOW and WHERE? Lol
Re: Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by swagaholic: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
MY HERO. grin angry
Re: Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by Godfullsam(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
All of you shouting 'GEJ my hero' i sori for una oh!
Re: Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by Shortyy(f): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
GEJ You deserve it and more.
Re: Ex- President Jonathan Reacts To The Trent Person Of The Yr 2015 Award by arresa: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
lol @ Roadside blogs conferring worthless award to the man that suppervised the most crooked, corrupt and incompetent administration in the history of mankind..

Next award is coming from igbekere news, saving grace news, hope for biafra news and so on....

Useless people..

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Jeffrey From USA Blast Nigerian Bar Association Over Illegal Detention Of Kanu / Kanu,Dasuki: Nba,sans Differ With Buhari, Sagay-vanguard / Wonder Shall Never End In Biafran Land!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.