Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,686 members, 7,844,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Saro Wiwa's Killing: Shell Pay 15 Million Dollars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saro Wiwa's Killing: Shell Pay 15 Million Dollars (646 Views)

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / I Need A Desk Or Shared Office In Abuja To Pay 15-25,000/month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saro Wiwa's Killing: Shell Pay 15 Million Dollars by ayoola22: 8:12am On Jun 09, 2009
Shell says they are not wrong but they will pay, Can you believe that?

Can somebody agree to pay me one million dollars i don't care if he is right or wrong?

The company was sued for the killing of Saro Wiwa and 8 other activists. The family is claiming complicity in right abuse.

They says its just for reconciliation purposes but admits that the family have suffered. I think they are sacred what the jury will decide.

We need to ask ourself how guilty are the oil companies,

.Is it possible to sue the Federal Government and the other people involved too maybe outside the country or petition the ICC?

People need to start paying for action and inaction whether they agree or not.
Re: Saro Wiwa's Killing: Shell Pay 15 Million Dollars by nnaemmy(m): 8:47am On Jun 09, 2009
the cash abey na 4 compensation or to support Saro Wiwa burial? which ever way shall, dey don try.

(1) (Reply)

Shell Settles Nigerian Death Case / Harvard Training For Nigeria Governors / Silverbird Living Legends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.