Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... (1166 Views)

NOUN Disowns Fake Exams Questions On Buhari. See the picture of the exam questio / ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by kissGuys: 11:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
am in the midst of a dilemma...

i wrote jamb last yr...and i got 229... wrote post-ume and i did well aswell...

many thought i would be given admission but the who-knows-who factor and corruption in unizik made that impossible....

i watched those i gave a lot of distance in marks get admitted...bt i wasn't...

it was disheartening

that kinda of affected my zeal for education...why study when its money that rules everything

right now...i decided to give it a shot again...

my options are to enroll into National open university

or try UNIBEN.....

bt my fear for the latter is dat i dont know anyone there...and i have never been there before...bt i just like the school...and the fact that it is less controversial .....

so i dont exactly know what to do....

should i forget uniben and go for NOUN ??

or if i should pick uniben...how do i go about it..and not have a repeat of what happened in before....??

or is their a better option??

pls mature advice and assistance needed from erudite in the house...

thanks
Re: NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by Juxtified(m): 11:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
get the admission first then i'll tell u which one to 'pick'.
Re: NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by kissGuys: 12:13am On Dec 22, 2015
Juxtified:
get the admission first then i'll tell u which one to 'pick'.
u dont seem to get me sir...am contemplating on which one to go for...#reasons above
Re: NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by Juxtified(m): 6:53am On Dec 22, 2015
kissGuys:
u dont seem to get me sir...am contemplating on which one to go for...#reasons above
Ok, I was being sarcastic, but that aside, let me put it very simply for you:
If as an employer I see 2 CVs before me, one from UNIBEN and the other from NOUN, the NOUN applicant would have to have something really extra-special & maybe some bad-ass practical skills for me to chose him/her over the UNIBEN applicant.

1 Like

Re: NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by kissGuys: 7:00am On Dec 22, 2015
Juxtified:

Ok, I was being sarcastic, but that aside, let me put it very simply for you:
If as an employer I see 2 CVs before me, one from UNIBEN and the other from NOUN, the NOUN applicant would have to have something really extra-special & maybe some bad-ass practical skills for me to chose him/her over the UNIBEN applicant.
tnx for ur opinion sir ..

in a way ...u re saying i shpuld go for uniben...hw den do i tackle d problem i stated??
Re: NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2015
Noun is better than UNIBEN cuz Uniben is a messed up institution

1 Like

Re: NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by Juxtified(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2015
kissGuys:
tnx for ur opinion sir ..

in a way ...u re saying i shpuld go for uniben...hw den do i tackle d problem i stated??
With UNIBEN the issues of tribalism are much less reduced, your chances of admission remains 50/50. Just try to do very well in your exams and pray.
Re: NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by Emmaesty(f): 8:57am On Dec 22, 2015
Choose Uniben dear. You don't need to know anyone to gain admission in any school as long as you pass well. My brother gained admission into Uniben with 206 in Utme and 80 in Post utme for International studies and diplomacy.

Noun is a school which most employers don't take seriously. In fact, most of their students have inferiority complex when relating with students from federal Universities. I know this cos I know a lot of people who are in Noun.

That being said, Choose Uniben next year and aim for 280 or at least 250. Then aim for 70 in Post utme and I assure you that your admission is waiting for you

PS. Choose a less competitive course to increase your chances

1 Like

Re: NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by kissGuys: 9:13am On Dec 22, 2015
Juxtified:

With UNIBEN the issues of tribalism are much less reduced, your chances of admission remains 50/50. Just try to do very well in your exams and pray.
yea...bt my problem is...i dont knw anyone there...and av neva been to d school
Re: NOUN Or Uniben...which Should I Choose .... by Juxtified(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2015
kissGuys:
yea...bt my problem is...i dont knw anyone there...and av neva been to d school
You don't need to know any one in any tertiary institution in order to school there. In the case of exams like post-utme, or to go make enquiries, you can always walk into any hostel and politely ask to 'squat' with a student for one or two days.
And after admission you make friends with students and lecturers alike...

(1) (Reply)

Final Year Project Topics And Materials In Printing Technology / Is Your School On Strike? Update Here... / 2016/2017 Lautech Pre-degree Entrance Application Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.