Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,141 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

My Icecream Story - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Icecream Story (505 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Icecream Story by saltoftheearth0(f): 6:22am On Dec 22, 2015
Till I'm allowed to start posting in the food section I feel this is next best section to share some of my ideas and food journey/passion, I may even share how it all started but for now lets stick to recipes and the stories behind every dish.

Recently I started making my own icecream and the experience has been awesome so far. I have even added it to my menu and made a couple of bucks with it. How did that happen?

Im always itchy for new recipes.
I went out the other day and the harmattan sun was hot I decided to get some icecream. And what I got was a total mess so I started researching on how to make the creamiest icecream because that's how I like it.

Then I stumbled on something. Its a packaged icecream powder in a sachet.

I got like two sachets to start with. Did not want to buy plenty out of excitement incase It doesn't turn out perfect. Got home on went through the instructions and made. It was the creamiest icecream I had ever tasted in naija... But there was something missing I could still feel it no matter how nice it still tasted.

So I went into thinking. I though of how I could incorporate other things to it to give it a nice body, texture and also make it look beautiful. I though of adding heavy or double cream to it,those things don't come cheap especially here in naija,its even hard to see,I managed to find cream. I also got some plain dark chocolates, strawberries(I first made a jam with the strawberries before I could incorperate it into my icecream) I also got jack Daniels yes the alcoholic drink, it has its work in a good icecream. All these ingredients led me to a perfect creamy rich and delicious icecream.

I have been thinking of ditching the sachet powdered base and making my own
Re: My Icecream Story by saltoftheearth0(f): 6:24am On Dec 22, 2015
I will eventually do that but for now I'm still rocking this one. Please let me know if you want me to share my recipe.

Enjoy reading,

The kitchener.
Re: My Icecream Story by Spanner4(m): 6:28am On Dec 22, 2015
cheesy
Am all ears dear
Re: My Icecream Story by waleyp(m): 6:39am On Dec 22, 2015
Oya wey my own
Re: My Icecream Story by Khd95(m): 6:40am On Dec 22, 2015
We no go taste if ur ice cream is delicious nd creamy as described.sadsad
Re: My Icecream Story by saltoftheearth0(f): 6:44am On Dec 22, 2015
Will make a batch today and post some pictures and everything will be done with my phone.

As for tasting,its allowed to just lick your screen. *smiling*
Re: My Icecream Story by onyee25(f): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2015
Following,i love ice cream

(1) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins In Enugu / Urgent Help - After Shave Bumps / Everyday Activity That Ages You!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.