Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” (39831 Views)

Northern Elders Write Buhari "2016 Budget Not Favourable To The North / Six Things To Expect From Buhari's 2016 Budget / Fayose Wears Short Knickers To Sign The Budget (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by Day169: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
LesbianBoy:
Is it just me or does buhari look like a dullard in his official picture
It amazes me to think that, while some patriots are working assiduously to bring about the desired change, others still indulge in immature and irresponsible remarks such as this..
Well like the saying goes, amongst every twelve, there's always a Judas! angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by Jesusloveyou: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
saintkel:
I will have to wait and see dis Change promised by APC and PMB till then I miss u GEJ
u are not ready for change if u still miss ur clueless corrupt gej

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by egbaguy: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Only MAD people will hate this man
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
maasoap:
I don't blame you, there must been many people around you spewing nonsense. Only if you understand what I meant.

Bros am sorry but if you are as intelligent as you think you are,you would have pointed me to the right direction afterall there was a question mark at the of my comment,I don't know if you understand the meaning of it.

Anyway merry Christmas to you.
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by DropShot: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
maasoap:
I love your observations, God bless you.
God bless you too.
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by Ghost01(m): 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Kk4:
* M.D.A surplus in Nigeria? Oya cone and take

* Projected Deficit is scary Gaskiya

* Some unscrupulous persons are trying to get back money spent during the election season. There is God o

* It was not clearly stated how the FG intended to bring down fiscal deficit to 1.3% from 14%

* These oil marketers don't have CHANGE in their dictionary

* Capital expenditure is looking interesting. Nice one FG.

* Fall in Recurrent expenditure is not much but it is acceptable..

* Hope the special intervention program include unemployed graduates. Despite say I don't support free handouts, our yungins need that 5k. JESU

* Shout out education sector. Hope say Una go pay una workers their arrears.

CONCLUSION

* NIGERIA WAS NEVER GREAT. MY OPINION
The talk is about bringing down the fiscal deficit from the 2.16% in the proposed 2016 budget to 1.3% in 2018, which shouldn't be hard for a serious government. The 14% is debt-to-gdp ratio.
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by companylogo18: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
change indeed

Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by mecks15(m): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
This is a serious government, a buget of 6.08 trillion at $38 per barrel of crude is a big challenge. This shows that this budget will be funded by other sectors of the economy, that's diversification of the economy. Its a wonderful budget that will show the ingenuity of the buhari led government. My fear is the revenue collection and its implementation, but with the efficiency unit, GIFMIS, IPPIS and the calibre of people in this team, I have no fear.
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by tola268: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
vivianblog3:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/195562-2016-budget-speech-the-budget-of-change-by-muhammadu-buhari.html
President Buari is really set to work let us give him chance, if this burget is fully implemented Nigeria is going to survive
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by mecks15(m): 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
This is great, for the first time in a long while, oil revenue is pegged at 870 billion while other sectors provides the balance of 6.08 trillion. This will be achieved through an improved tax base and blocking of all leakages in government revenue through the TSA. Who says our economy cannot be diversified. The government is doing a lot of little significant things that when its eventually marched together will make a great impact on all Nigerians. the large chunk of the capital expenditure will be expended on ministries that will provide much infrastructure, then health and education. Mark my word, Nigeria is on the part of a great recovery.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by tobiolajutemo: 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
denkyw:
budget of scam, Nigeria is a failed State if you like budget millions you are waisting your time
. can we pls av a lil hope in dis great country?... Nigeria is a failed state becos we made her fail.....dis is a new regime, let's join hands and make it work wit a mind of building a Nigeria we can b proud to call our own....

# team I believe in Nigeria
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by anigbajumo(m): 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
EternalTruths:

Please make it bolder so that his illiterate/gullible supporters will see angry

Did u read the content at all,yer level of ignorance is quite alerming.He was the presidential candidate of CPC when he made that promise. So u dnt knw that PMB is working on APC manifesto nt CPC?

U need to utilize yer little IQ before u dwell ignorance here.

I Still believe in PMB......
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by mecks15(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
When Buhari was debriefing permanent secretaries and heads of agencies and department, people said all manner of things. Today, he has shown Nigerians why he did that. Now that the budget of this MDA's are known and with the setting up of the Efficiency unit, these MDA's cannot be a route to siphoning our resources.
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by namdo(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
If this budget (though little detail is known) is fully implemented then PMB and his team would be applauded by well meaning nigerians. Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by anigbajumo(m): 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
mecks15:
This is great, for the first time in a long while, oil revenue is pegged at 870 billion while other sectors provides the balance of 6.08 trillion. This will be achieved through an improved tax base and blocking of all leakages in government revenue through the TSA. Who says our economy cannot be diversified. The government is doing a lot of little significant things that when its eventually marched together will make a great impact on all Nigerians. the large chunk of the capital expenditure will be expended on ministries that will provide much infrastructure, then health and education. Mark my word, Nigeria is on the part of a great recovery.

You gat it,

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by baralatie(m): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
mecks15:
This is a serious government, a buget of 6.08 trillion at $38 per barrel of crude is a big challenge. This shows that this budget will be funded by other sectors of the economy, that's diversification of the economy. Its a wonderful budget that will show the ingenuity of the buhari led government. My fear is the revenue collection and its implementation, but with the efficiency unit, GIFMIS, IPPIS and the calibre of people in this team, I have no fear.
The budget is tooooooooooo
Secretive!
It does not show much to be desired when talking about diversifying the economy
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by baralatie(m): 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
namdo:
If this budget (though little detail is known) is fully implemented then PMB and his team would be applauded by well meaning nigerians. Time will tell.
You have mentioned it.
It has little detail of exactly what is their plan.it is an "I don't know what is your plan " budget
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by santos41: 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
God Bless you sir.....We have hope and trust in your government!! Just do better than the previous governments and shame them!!!!!!
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by baralatie(m): 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
mecks15:
Are yout sure about what you read because your assertion is wrong!
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by chuzfridam: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
waiting patiently with high hopes. 2016 is the year of happenings
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by chuzfridam: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
yeah, i concur
santos41:
God Bless you sir.....We have hope and trust in your government!! Just do better than the previous governments and shame them!!!!!!
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by Babham(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
abeg hw will all these help us in osun state
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by sulaidon(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nice one our able presido, this is a wonderful aproach to tackle the crashing economy, we pray that the almaighty guide and protect u to accomplish this great development. So happy to hear this. I belive with this our dear country Nigeria will be great again.

God bless u Mr President and your team of expert.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by Cyojunior(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
charloski:

When d sighing of social media bill in on their agenda !!!
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by Donchyke007(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
This is the change we seek. Lets all sail along in this ship. Everyday we must keep reminding ourselves that Nigeria is indeed great irrespective of the current hardship we face. This is an interface and we all must not lose patience. Lets support Mr President by doing our own bit from our confines. Lets change our attitude and mindset. We are blessed people and we must all join hands to work together with our leaders.
God bless you Mr president...God bless Nigeria...God bless us!
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by ndubest111(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
somebody shud pls summerize
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by doyen208: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nice budget planning and well structured. To all Nigerians I want you to put these at the back of your mind that these budget means produce locally. if you are investors under solid mining and agriculture come forward an invest, I'm ready to back you up. And if you are importer channel your funds through locally market, buy locally to help the naira, no more importation.
so Nigeria citizen who have business or want to invest in solid minerals like coal tin ore crude oil refinery and agriculture like cotton cocoa timber rice beans poultry's and many more should come out we are ready to partner with you by license and so on.
these are many pure understanding about the budget
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by doyen208: 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
ndubest111:
somebody shud pls summerize
Nice budget planning and well structured. To all Nigerians I want you to put these at the back of your mind that these budget means produce locally. if you are investors under solid mining and agriculture come forward an invest, I'm ready to back you up. And if you are importer channel your funds through locally market, buy locally to help the naira, no more importation. so Nigeria citizen who have business or want to invest in solid minerals like coal tin ore crude oil refinery and agriculture like cotton cocoa timber rice beans poultry's and many more should come out we are ready to partner with you by license and so on. these are many pure understanding about the budget
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by doyen208: 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
Donchyke007:
This is the change we seek. Lets all sail along in this ship. Everyday we must keep reminding ourselves that Nigeria is indeed great irrespective of the current hardship we face. This is an interface and we all must not lose patience. Lets support Mr President by doing our own bit from our confines. Lets change our attitude and mindset. We are blessed people and we must all join hands to work together with our leaders.
God bless you Mr president...God bless Nigeria...God bless us!

Yes the president has done is part remain we the citizens to come out.
Nice budget planning and well structured. To all
Nigerians I want you to put these at the back of
your mind that these budget means produce locally.
if you are investors under solid mining and
agriculture come forward an invest, I'm ready to
back you up. And if you are importer channel your
funds through locally market, buy locally to help the
naira, no more importation.
so Nigeria citizen who have business or want to
invest in solid minerals like coal tin ore crude oil
refinery and agriculture like cotton cocoa timber
rice beans poultry's and many more should come
out we are ready to partner with you by license and
so on.
these are many pure understanding about the
budget
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by doyen208: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
baralatie:
Are yout sure about what you read because your assertion is wrong!
@mecks is correct(absolute) to add more
Nice budget planning and well structured. To all Nigerians I want you to put these at the back of your mind that these budget means produce locally. if you are investors under solid mining and agriculture come forward an invest, I'm ready to back you up. And if you are importer channel your funds through locally market, buy locally to help the naira, no more importation. so Nigeria citizen who have business or want to invest in solid minerals like coal tin ore crude oil refinery and agriculture like cotton cocoa timber rice beans poultry's and many more should come out we are ready to partner with you by license and so on. these are many pure understanding about the budget
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by Bambizzle4k4556: 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
denkyw:
budget of scam, Nigeria is a failed State if you like budget millions you are waisting your time

dntchu feel stupid reading what u jst wrote?
Re: Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” by baralatie(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
doyen208:

@mecks is correct(absolute) to add more

Nice budget planning and well structured. To all
Nigerians I want you to put these at the back of
your mind that these budget means produce locally.
if you are investors under solid mining and
agriculture come forward an invest, I'm ready to
back you up. And if you are importer channel your
funds through locally market, buy locally to help the
naira, no more importation.
so Nigeria citizen who have business or want to
invest in solid minerals like coal tin ore crude oil
refinery and agriculture like cotton cocoa timber
rice beans poultry's and many more should come
out we are ready to partner with you by license and
so on.
these are many pure understanding about the
budget
You did not read his comment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions OLAM Feed Mill In Kaduna (Photos) / President Muhammadu Buhari Was Aware Of Maina's Reinstatement- Sahara Reporters / Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.