Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. (33222 Views)

Some Interesting Facts To Know About The Year 2016 / Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. / Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
13. From the Christmas party thrown by Adolf Hitler for his Generals. December 1941.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
14. Delivering the Christmas Mail in the USA, 1910.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 2:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
15. Christmas in the trenches, 1914.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
16. Anti aircraft gunners watching as allied and german planes battle in the sky on christmas day in 1944. Russia.

source: http://kizaz.com/2013/12/22/35-amazing-christmas-photos-images-from-history/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
17. World's Most Expensive Christmas Tree (United Arab Emirates).

Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi unveiled what is thought to be the world's most expensive Christmas tree, valued at more than $11 million. The 40-foot faux evergreen, located in the gold leaf-bedecked rotunda of the hotel, is decorated with silver and gold bows, ball-shaped ornaments and small white lights.vWhat makes the tree highly valued are its jewelry decorations. The tree has a total of 181 diamonds, emeralds, pearls, sapphires and other precious stones. The bracelets, necklaces and watches which adorn the world's most expensive Christmas tree are provided by the Style Gallery.Hans Olbertz, general manager of the hotel, said, "The tree itself is about $10,000 and the jewelry has a value of over $11.4 million.

source: http://www.oddee.com/item_98439.aspx

1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
18. There is a village in Peru where people settle the previous year's grudges by fist fighting. They then start the new year off on a clean slate.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by winetapper: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Explorers:
We all love Christmas, but how much do any of us actually know about why Christmas is the way it is?

A little way of saying "Merry Xmas" to my Friends, Bros and Sis here. Wish you guys many more celebrations.

cc: Lalasticlala, dominique, obinoscopy, ishilove, gemc3, vickyrotex, funjosh, gidoka, seemples, sleekyshuga, hahn, rich4god, middlefinger1, skinnydude, adesiji77, winetapper, nature8, mizmycoli, viktor1983, sugarbee, elxandre, and so on.
I wish The same bro
I am honored to be in this mention smiley
Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
19. Despite having been at war with one another for five months, British and German troops in Ypres managed to arrange an unofficial ceasefire on Christmas Day, 1914. With no shots having been fired on Christmas morning, soldiers ventured out of their trenches into no-man’s land to recover their fallen comrades. A football was kicked out from a British trench, and so began perhaps the most famous football match of all time, altering the very course of world history, if only for a few hours, they decorated their shelters, and exchanged gifts.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
20. We frequently abbreviate Christmas as X-mas because of ancient tradition. X is the Greek letter “chi” which is an abbreviation for the word “Christ” in Greek.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by AyamConfidence(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
artisticallyart:

That's why Jehovah's witnesses don't celebrate Christmas.
thank you my brother
Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
21. Christmas lights were invented in 1882 by Edward Johnson.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
22. The world's biggest snowman was 113 feet tall and was built in Maine.

2 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by MizMyColi(f): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Explorers:
18. There is a village in Peru where people settle the previous year's grudges by fist fighting. They then start the new year off on a clean slate.

I need to fist fight Truckpusher and DearPreye.
My grouse against them is that they have not sent in my Christmas gift, and they have been avoiding me like a plague so I won't ask them.
undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
23. Christmas Vacation: Moment Obama and family arrived Hawaii to celebrate Christmas. 19th December, 2015.

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3366872/Obama-arrives-Hawaii-annual-Christmas-vacation.html

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Dexema(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
good job explorers, I'm gonna start updating xmas facts each day before Christmas.
Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
Christmas tree idea.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Rich4god(m): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Explorers:
We all love Christmas, but how much do any of us actually know about why Christmas is the way it is?

Christmas is the most beautiful holiday of the year. In fact, the entire month of December has a particular charm, meaning the end of one year, but also the start of another. Many people love this month due to the decorations that can be seen, as well as all around the cities(most especially the snowy cities). Most people enjoy decorating their homes, shops, offices, streets and seeing the Christmas spirit in everything, including decorations, clothing and accessories. Here we have some beautiful Christmas images, decoration from around the, and some facts we probably dont know about Christmas.

A little way of saying "Merry Xmas" to my Friends, Bros and Sis here. Wish you guys many more celebrations.

cc: Lalasticlala, dominique, obinoscopy, ishilove, gemc3, vickyrotex, funjosh, gidoka, seemples, sleekyshuga, hahn, rich4god, middlefinger1, skinnydude, adesiji77, winetapper, nature8, mizmycoli, viktor1983, sugarbee, elxandre, and so on.
My mannest man... Your threads dey make me feel so high... God will surely bless you for all your efforts....
Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Yultide season in Paris, city of light.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Gidoka(m): 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
Explorers:

Christmas is the most beautiful holiday of the year. In fact, the entire month of December has a particular charm, meaning the end of one year, but also the start of another. Many people love this month due to the decorations that can be seen, as well as all around the cities(most especially the snowy cities). Most people enjoy decorating their homes, shops, offices, streets and seeing the Christmas spirit in everything, including decorations, clothing and accessories. Here we have some beautiful Christmas images, decoration from around the, and some facts we probably dont know about Christmas.

cc: Lalasticlala, dominique, obinoscopy, ishilove, gemc3, vickyrotex, funjosh, naijaboiy, amefrica, gidoka, seemples, sleekyshuga, hahn, rich4god, middlefinger1, skinnydude, adesiji77, winetapper, nature8, mizmycoli, viktor1983, sugarbee, elxandre, and so on.

Am honored bro, u re the best, following you like #Hunchback grin grin
Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by dominique(f): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
augster:
good afternoon ma

Good afternoon sir
Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
These facts are beautiful kiss kiss.. Thanks for educating us, Explorers..

I fell in love with the yuletide season in Paris.. Such display of beautiful lights..

Thanks for the wishes.. I wish you, and your family nothing but laughter this season kiss..

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by jaybee3(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

I fell in love with the yuletide season in Paris.. Such display of beautiful lights..

Thanks for the wishes.. I wish you, and your family nothing but laughter this season kiss..

I don't believe you

I'm pretty sure you are only ever interested in the yearly ritual of Orlu hen being stylishly displayed on a plate of rice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Christmas in Newyork.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
jaybee3:

I don't believe you

I'm pretty sure you are only ever interested in the yearly ritual of Orlu hen being stylishly displayed on a plate of rice
cheesy cheesy cheesy Jaybee, which one is Orlu hen? I would have preferred Ibadan hen tongue..
Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
Quebec

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Explorers(m): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Amen, & u 2 cutie.... kiss

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Two facts the OP doesn't also know about X-mas:

1. Misspicy2 has bought her x-mas cloths already and is waiting for that day gringringrin

2.STFUareyouGod wants to go on low cut for x-mas(thank God ooo). grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Ayodeb(m): 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus. It has its origin in Paganism. Tom-tom is sweet, but if you find it unwrapped in a garbage dump will you eat it?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by femi4: 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Explorers:
1. Christmas supposedly marks the birth of Jesus Christ on December 25. But there is no mention of December 25 in the Bible and most historians actually believe he was born in the spring.
Everyone is just speculating, but one truth common to all is that "He was born".
Hence, you can pick any day of the year as your Christmas or choose not to celebrate at all cos its not compulsory.

4 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Teespice(f): 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
jaybee3:

I don't believe you

*angry face*

why orlu?
Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Middlefinger1: 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
Explorers:
I want this in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. by Koolking(m): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Explorers:
1. Christmas supposedly marks the birth of Jesus Christ on December 25. But there is no mention of December 25 in the Bible and most historians actually believe he was born in the spring.

Christmas is real my friend but tithe is not. Just like Christendom believed the Bible approved tithing whereas Bible had cancelled tithing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Force Corporal Slaps Inspector At Filling Station / Don Akim , Body Builder And His British Fiancee / Read This When You’re Tired Of Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.